OLTL: Couple Out

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've been phasing Blair out of everything for years now. I think if Todd and Tea had been more popular, she may already be gone. Now we are going to have this tested again thanks to ice queen Kelly's return. I won't be surprised if KDP's gone by the end of the year.

I don't think Roger Howarth will return, at least not as long as TSJ wants to stay on the show.

• Members

Really, I'm truly running out of reasons to even tune into OLTL anymore. All of the couples that I thought RC wrote so well have been tampered with. Every last one. Nat/Jared--Jared dies. Kyle/Fish--axed. Langston/Markko--run down by a Ford. Michael/Marcy--long gone. Jess/Brody/Cris/Layla--trianglerized, and no matter the outcome, Layla WILL lose. Charlie/Viki--backburnt to a crisp.

The Dorrie's Angels reunion of crotchety Cramer ladies does NOTHING to get me interested in the show anymore.

With Kyle gone, Roxy's only role becomes punching bag for Rex and Gigi, which is a massive disrespect to the delightful Ms. Ilene Schatz.

I've gotten the message loud and clear. The stars of One Life to Live are Mitch, Todd, Rex, and John. It's their Life and everyone else is just a part of it.

But not this [!@#$%^&*]. Not no mo'.

ETA: Shout out to Mr. Evans, just in case you read us too -- don't let this get you down, bae!

• Members

Mia Korf was also a very cold actress. I would also say that Mia's Blair became somewhat hammy. That is Blair. Or what Blair should be, KDP or Mia. Blair has lost most of that, along with any purpose she ever had, over the past 4-5 years. Now it's basically just taking what we can get. KDP is a charismatic actress who manages to use her looks and presence to enliven a long, painful series of propping and degrading, which is far more than I can say for what Gina, Florencia, et al have managed to do with stronger material over the years.

Mia Blair would have been gone by 1996 or so. Now "diversity" on OLTL is the long lost Kardashian sister who can't cry.

• Members

Do you? I don't. I think OLTL is off Nelson's speeddial.

The show would have to be amazing for it to earn any praise now. And I think it will be as inconsistent as it always is. Terribly good or terribly bad, or a combination of the two. I don't find the upcoming stories that captivating, but perhaps there will be some huge changes.

Archived