AMC: Damon's mother

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel Damon will have some connection to Liza, so Damon being Mia and Frankie's son is a real possibility. But with Damon being at least what, 18? And Frankie only really being portrayed as a 25-30 year old... that is quite the stretch.....I still feel the writers should go there with the Frankie/Mia thing to shake up the Hubbard clan.

As for who Damon is and who is parents are, I have no idea. It just seems to have come out of left field. It is so clear Pratt had one plan for Damon, and that plan has been completely turned on its head. I hope this won't fall victim to TOO many rewrites.... I hope its smooth and makes sense.

• Members

I agree that bringing on Frankie and Mia's son eventually is not a bad idea, but they need to get Frankie and the rest of the Hubbards' stories beefed up and on track first. And though I am fully aware of the curious possibilities of genetics, if Frankie's son comes to town looking anything like Damon, I have a real problem with that.

Colby came off as super shrill last week, that, "I believed you Damon!" scene was nails on the chalkboard. I liked her initially, but she needs to find the character's softer colors, my nerves can't take her being like that all the time. Let alone in a "love story" where I'm not too keen on who she's being partnered with anyway. But again, the fact that they've created interest in Damon's parentage is a +1 for AMC.

ETA: So what are you guys hoping for? Damon is Adam's son, maybe even Tad's son, or yet to be identified character's son?

• Members

LOL! ITA..that's why I don't think there's any possible way that Damon is Frankie and Mia's son, he doesn't look like them at all. But I agree that their son should be brought to the show at some point, i mean how can Frankie forget? If AMC were to ever bring back Mia Saunders, I hope she's not in the form of Amelia Heinle, she can stay at Y&R! Recast, please.

I hope Damon turn's out to be a character who hasn't been identifed's son. Like David Hayward. He really does look like David to me, and David has always wanted a child...why not Damon? But I think he'll turn out to be Tad's son with this mystery woman from AMC's past..

I think Colby needs to be recast again and QUICK. After watching Thursday and Friday's shows last week, Natalie Hall just isn't cutting it. She delivers her lines in such a fake way, and just isn't that great to watch. I don't see her as a future lead character like Greenlee or Kendall or something. I wish Marcy Rylan could be recast in the role.

• Members

She did, yes... I am too young to remember when she first came on the show, but I thought despite the campy, over the top nature of the storyline, I thought she did an amazing job when her child with Adam died and then she had a breakdown and poisoned Adam.... and I thought they redeemed her quite nicely as when she returned from Oakhaven she was slowly reintegrated back into the canvas and then eventually paired with Tad. I enjoyed Tad and Gloria actually, but I enjoyed her even more with Dimitri. I'd love to see someway to integrate her back into the canvas. Did Theresa want out, or did they fire her? She left shortly after McTavish took over... and being one of McT's skanky blondes who was redeemed by rape, I am surprised she didn't want to keep her around.

• Members

I believe that Teresa left of her own choice, as she wanted more time with her husband. She had almost left in 1995 or early 1996, and then they made her another deal.

I liked Teresa's work, I didn't see her first few years but later on I liked her supporting work in the Michael story and with the boarding house (I thought the "family" at the boarding house then was a very good mix, and I genuinely cared about them when they were together). I also liked her with Dimitri, I believed that he could be this fairy tale man of her dreams, given her background.

At the time Gloria left it was confusing because it seemed like they were starting a pregnancy story with her that McTavish ended when she took over, but I think it was Teresa's choice to go. I remember that I thought her exit was good, at least that part which wasn't preempted. You could tell that McTavish obviously liked the character. And of course she will always get a bit of replay whenever they show Ryan's first scene. I tend to roll my eyes at Ryan, at best, but I did like that scene, as she quickly realized he was trying to con her and she told him he needed to try harder.

• Members

Didn't Gloria come on as Craig Lawson's ex-wife out for revenge? Craig Lawson was the guy who Dixie hooked up with when Tad/MEK left the show. I remember loving this storyline bc I thought Craig was hot (yes, even when I was a kid) --- and Craig turned out to be a bad guy who tried to steal Palmer's money from his safe. I specifically rememeber the scene when he took the money out of the safe in the wall and started driving out of town. I also remember the scene where Gloria was at the diamond store and Craig put the necklace around her neck and started choking her and threatening her to keep her mouth shut.

Fun stuff! I would love to see Gloria return!

Archived