AMC: Damon's mother

• Members

From SOD, this was posted at SOC:

Damon's Pine Valley Roots Revealed

Liza finds out that Damon is Hillary Wilson's (the first great love of Tad's life) son. Is he Tad's son? Jesse thinks so. Viewers will find out on the week of 3/15. Damon's parents, particularly his father, were sort of removed from him - always going away on long trips. Damon is thrown when Tad tells him about his connection to his mother.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the scoop! I really hope they bring Carmen Thomas on.... I am surprised Liza doesn't keep this from Tad.... they could be setting up for Liza and Hillary fighting for Tad...

Hillary presumably knows Angie and Jesse quite well too?

• Members

On the one hand, I'm glad for this unexpected, if completely random, nod to history. But on the other hand? Just makes me miss Marcy Walker all the more. Her Liza should be the one to figure out Damon's connection to Hillary, not Cindy Lubbock's.

• Members

That's b/c, Jesse's an idiot.

Consider the ramifications, though, once Liza and Jesse figure out Damon is Hillary's son. How would that impact Tad personally? Unless Damon is David, his nemesis's, son, it wouldn't. Therefore, Damon has to be David's. There's just no other way around it.

• Members

I really love her enthusiasm, and her current photo shows that she is indeed a beautiful woman. I totally agree with her assessment of Tad and Hillary; that they spent so many years longing for each other, and then when they were finally brought together, it all just abruptly ended when he left the show. So we never really got the chance to explore them in an adult relationship. They really did have very good chemistry. Everyone who knows Tad & Dixie comments that Cady McClain was the only actress Knight seems to generate palpable chemistry with... but he shared a different, but just as palpable vibe with Thomas.

I liked reading that Knight is lobbying JHC for Carmen to come back - because he probably KNOWS that they share chemistry and that will, in all likelihood, finally give him a relationship story that will work for him. And honestly, putting aside the character-wrecking things that he did (particularly under McTavish's last run), I'd like to see Tad find some happiness. I know people that aren't familiar with the pre-Dixie era won't necessarily be sold on this idea, given that it's still sight-unseen. But I really do think that bringing Hillary back into his orbit, even after all these years, would work very well, especially if written carefully. The two actors, and their characters, really did share something sweet on-screen... and it would be nice to see it again.

• Members

Thanks so much for that, AMCHistory. Sounds like she just might reprise her role as Hillary, I really hope she does. It would be pathetic of AMC to not have her show up in PV at all anyways! I really hope she can work something out with the show, the fact that MEK is advocating for her return gives me more hope that she will :)

• Members

MAKE THIS HAPPEN David and Donna. Carmen sounds like she really would love to come back. Golden opportunity here! Thanks for posting the interview! I love the thought of Tad pitching this idea to Carruthers.

• Members

It just occurred to me that Donna Swajeski should be familiar with this backstory... considering that Hillary / Carmen Thomas is from the era that Swajeski worked with ABC Daytime. So there may be some hope on that front. From what Carmen is hearing, while Hillary's return is being advocated by both Lorraine and MEK, its actually happening depends on Kreizman & Swajeski's takes (and of course we know JHC & Frons have the final word).

Archived