Characters who's personalty/screen time changes when re-casted

• Members

I agree with a lot of those things. I never Liked Emily and Nik together...I liked them individually, but together they were borong to me. Courtney really was mean to AJ, even tho to HER, he was never that bad. Stefan's death was a shame. I liked him, but in the end he turned into a horrible cloone of his brother, instead of the relatively human person he once was....(I will admit, his funeral brought a few LOL's with Helena showing up and her commentary). I actually didnt mind Alexis as Dobson (that was the butler, right?)

Speaking of the Butler....What ever happened to him?! Wasn't his name, Reginald, or something (it's escaping me! :/)..He was hilarious, but just disappeared.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The biggest change for me was the character of Rachel on Another World. Robin Strasser played her as a social-climbing, scheming bitch. She was a brilliant contrast to good-girl Alice. Victoria Wyndham made the character much more bland. VW may have played the character longer, but she was far less memorable than Strasser. Same situation with Audra Lindley's scheming Liz Matthews turning into a dotty Irene Dailey.

• Members

I Agree with on Vicky and Marley!!

Days: Deborah Adair's Kate was a more suave, independent woman who would do anything if someone was SERIOUSLY hurting her kids. Lauren's Kate is just a overbearing slutty mother. Deborah Adair is still my favorite Kate and she had the best Chemistry with Louise Sorel, IMO.

Can anyone give an outlook on all the Jill Abbotts?

• Members

The sad part is they don't even hate Maxie. They probably think they're actually doing her a favor.

Beyond Jess and Brenda (in original good girl mode and in later camp mode), Deborah Adair played her for several years between Brenda's returns. MarkH really loved her work and thought she did a lot to transition Jill into the boardroom and society. Bond Gideon also played her briefly after Brenda left the first time. I don't know much about her.

• Members

Correct. TB's version was a vast difference for me. She owned up more and I found her tolerable (not lovable).

Caroline Benson played by SJB wasn't mischievous and loveable

she was horrid (like SJB but loathed Carly) can't remember early on

but she banged her mother's husband and destroyed nearly every character that

came across her path...eg Bobbie, Tony, AJ, Jason, Robin, became her never-ending lap dog turned on his brother and entire family to prop her, then when she had carrot top the spawn from hell they continued to hog air..

ate up the screen it became all about MyKill when she betrayed Jason and handed him over to Sonny.

What I see in Carly ver. 4.0 to pimp her more from Jason's ho to a more sister-like quality which makes sense

since he put her before his family anyway. For the longest time he had no scenes with Emily they had them run into each other prior to her demise (Black/White) ball to invite him and saw fit to dialog the reason why (she was so busy being a new doctor) they never had scenes together.

This Carly is being pimped as more sister-like than Emily ever was. She always manipulated him into anything. I haven't seen GH in awhile but the last I saw Steven Lars acts as if he doesn't even know her...when he was clearly smitten and did a lot to get her away from being a mob bimbo eg found her an apt in his building gave her confidence in being on her own. He's another one that has been re-worked. Now Carly is a watered-down soccer mom.

Archived