Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember watching reruns of the Wild Wild West and Baa Baa Black Sheep so I could drool over Robert Conrad. Not only was he handsome as hell, he had a nice body to match. Damn that brings back memories. Too bad he lived such a hard life.

• Members

Here is my fave blue-mascara-wearing, soft-voiced vixen Donna Mills circa 1987 giving a [!@#$%^&*] amazing Masterclass in how to apply make-up. Lots of it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhm0W_c-ZAc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhm0W_c-ZAc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhm0W_c-ZAc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"If you haven't finished the eyes, put the VCR on pause and finish them." :lol:

Imagine if Donna had gotten the Gloria Fisher role after Valene Joan van Ark left. :wub:

• Members

Why Vanessa fucked up her face with actual surgery is beyond me. She was absolutely stunning even by Hollywood terms. Her nose was perfect -- why reshape it? The cheek implants/ribbon surgery was unnecessary as she already had prominent cheekbones to begin with. She clearly works out so no need to worry about those cheekbones going away. I just don't understand why she would mess with her meal ticket -- her looks. She needs to check out what Hunter Tylo did because back in the 1990s, HT was jaw-droppingly beautiful.

• Members

I LOVE this one.

Irving Moore, Dynasty's major director, once remarked that Joan interacted with sets and props better than any other actress he'd ever worked with. She does a lot with a relatively simple set. AND she was at the peak of her beauty. Elizabeth Hurley and she strike a very similar profile.

• Members

Yeah, I remember reading about that.

There's some sort of genuine sense of terror in those movies...perhaps because the 70s and 80s were such angsty, fearful times. When they tried these anthologies later they always seemed too slick, too overproduced, starting around the late 80s and from then on. Considering all the angst going on I am surprised they haven't tried anymore recently, they would probably be a hit, especially since there's a market for stripped down films.

The thing about Joan is that she is so good at playing, if not normal, then someone who is easy for the audience to relate to. She wore the expensive clothes as Alexis and does the same in real life but you never feel like Joan is looking down on you. You can relate to her. I think that Krystle and Claudia were supposed to be the "everywoman" in Dynasty but it was often Alexis I could relate to.

• Members

Elizabeth Hurley broke up with Hugh Grant in 2000 and got pregnant in 2001 by a very rich man named Steve Bing. He claimed to not be the father. Hurley said he was. DNA proved her right. After her pregnancy she quit acting and focused on holding onto her $6 million a year deal with Estee Lauder, a contract she's kept since 1995. She also started a line of high end beachwear, Elizabeth Hurley Beach, and a line of organic foods grown on her English farm in partnership with the Duchy of Cornwall (Prince Charles' Trust), Elizabeth Hurley Food. She married her husband, half Indian/half German textile heir and technology businessman Arun Nayar in 2007 (they got together shortly after Elizabeth gave birth).

Elizabeth lives in a London townhouse (Hugh Grant lives around the corner, literally, the two remain very good friends) and a large farm in the Cotswolds. She's still working with Estee Lauder, still modeling, still running her businesses. She's a married yummy mummy. Doesn't hurt that she's worth at least $26,000,000.

Archived