Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rhydian first made his mark by doing his popera version of Get This Party Started.

Leon's first album was supposedly very good (never heard it myself) but there was just very little interest in him, and there was also the backlash over his winning.

Aside from Alexandra, and the first guy, who sounds more like a Britain's Got Talent winner and now trashes the show every chance he can get, X Factor has very very traditional winners. Leon and then this year's winner Joe (although I was happy Joe won, as he was one of the only people who could actually sing in tune), and Leona, who was often attacked for being a robot.

American Idol used to have slightly quirkier winners. Fantasia would never have won X Factor. It was only after Taylor Hicks won Idol that the show got so scared and started putting their foot down harder than ever to manipulate viewers into getting the result they wanted. Due to the heavy hand and shrinking ratings and audience demo, they have gotten the same damn winner three years in a row. Be careful what you wish for, as they say.

One thing that you almost always hear Dannii's contestants say (aside from one girl last year who kept trashing her during and after the competition) is that Dannii is very helpful and supportive and comes in to spend time with them during the week, whereas most of the other judges/mentors are too busy or don't care enough.

They seem to be more of TV presenters these days.

They were the Sanjayas, they livened up what was otherwise a dull season. They probably never should have been put through, they were so clearly terrified and not all that talented. But then that season wasn't heavy on entertainment value. The "star" of that season was supposed to be Olly, whose main method of performing seemed to be wearing very tight pants and thrusting his crotch.

• Members

Eric, do you remember the rumors that Kylie and Jason Donovan (who were both on that X-Factor finale in 2007) were going to reprise their duet of "Especially for You"? :lol: That didn't happen, although I remember people saying it would have been one of the more memorable moments if it had.

That was also around the time he was on that sketch comedy show she had where she did a skit where she acted like she didn't remember him. I wonder if that show wasn't very popular, it didn't have a second season.

• Members

Wait a minute, don't tell me that^^ came before Shirley's cover? :o That judge calling it OTT and all makes me think he's unaware of the inspiration material.

They're using this in the adverts for the new Cats and Dogs movie. :P

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vqNcyFNMfLM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vqNcyFNMfLM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vqNcyFNMfLM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

• Members

I love Shirley, I really do, but I don't get how her homophobic 70s comments have been completely forgotten :blink:

Yeah the Kylie/Jason cover was such a fabricated hoax. Kylie had her tv show (an ill attempt, though I of course loved it--to revive the old variety specials--like "Cilla" as she said) and they mocked that in a sketch I found uproarious, and I'm sure no one else did :P ) I've heard from a few people who are X Factor obsessed about how much Dannii takes her people under her wing--as Carl says I don't think any of the others do at all.

The Dynasty style catfight:

Fastest selling album in Ireland history too, right? I worked Dublin's Tesco's for six months in 2000 and I served my share of completely drunk people at 9am but... wow.

• Members

It's always funny when Simon participates in a silly skit, a part of me wonders if he got tossed an exra quarter of a million that week. :P Their hair is so... fake. I like when DDaannnniiii stops for a second to sip her champers while Kylie gets her bearings 'bout her.

So what did Shirley say again? She called some male group girly or something?

• Members

They should bring Paul Anka back one final time to close the curtain

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

Did/does Chad have a substance abuse problem? I remember him from Our House with Wilford "Die-a-beetus" Brimley and Deidre Hall.

Eric, SB has daddy/men issues, it's evident in interviews (older ones especially). I don't know her personally, but I've gotten a vibe from her that I recognize from a couple of women I've known over the years who have similar issues. Specifically, they have no use for men who have no use for them. "Contempt" for guys who don't think they hung the moon and who don't desire them truly, madly, deeply. Fans who come to concerts and buy records, and close friends, a different story. But SB strikes me as the type who'd throw, "F@##0!" at a straight guy she made a pass at who just wasn't interested. I'm playing computer chair psychologist here but I'm not pulling it out of my ass, it's definitley something I've thought about in the past. She's got a huge gay fanbase and she's always chiding leading men in movies for being wimps (not saying all gay men are wimps, but you get my drift). When we talked about this last time I think you said the guys in that film were actually very "macho" but to Shirl that would have been a total waste of manliness. :lol:

Archived