Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Interesting stuff, thanks for the update. All this drama across the pond. ^_^ If America's Got Talent takes a dip in the ratings maybe they'll try to stir up [!@#$%^&*] and bring on some young hot thing to sit on the panel. Actually, with Whatshisname replacing Larry King that might happen... though they'd never bring on a woman unless they replaced him with a man and ADDED a woman.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm looking forward to the X Factor coming here actually--even with the new judges, American Idol doesn't stand a chance against it--no wonder it died a quick death int he UK when X Factor came. It's just a much better format with higher production values--I could never see American Idol doing or producing a pop star (not rock or singer songwriter, mind you) on this level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULyijoIHlw0

• Members

Ha Yeah even the awful performers (like Jedward this year) get full on dancers, etc. And SImon should be--she's making him TONS of money and is on his label, even if Cheryl was her mentor, not him, so Cheryl won that round. He's re-recorded her album for a US release this Fall and mark my words, she's gonna be pretty massive--they've already been tailoring her for the US market.

LOL! I don't think that takes much ;)

• Members

It also depends on the year and the public mood and the competition, even in the UK. A few years ago a fairly average and very stage frightened "crooner" named Leon surprised and upset many by beating the eclectic, unique looking (muscular with big platinum blonde/white hair) pop opera singing Rhydian. It was said that the UK only votes for people they feel sorry for or who are losers, that he only won because he got to sing with Kylie Minogue on the finale, etc.

Archived