Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Dannii's dress is GORGEOUS. the only thing that would ahve made it better is if there was NO animal print, and it was done entirely in the psychadelic multi colors, and the halter area was all clear rhinestones. The area where the animal print is needs some deep, jewel tone greens in their place.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah Dannii is a judge/mentor on X Factor. She's always been a bit of an also ran--like Kylie she became famous (actually before Kylie) from her tv work, first on Young Talent Time and then on Home and Away (Kylie was Neighbours). Her music career never really took off--lotsa minor hits--despite the fact she's probably a bit better singer than Kylie. She was married to Julian Mahon (sp? Nip/Tuck dude) and he infamously and very publicly cheated on her several months into her marriage--and she left, lost some weight, got a nose and boob job (very good ones actually--I hate to say it but she looks way better), bleached her hair and did a terrific dance album with the hit single All I Wanna Do. She's calmed down since then (and just had a baby with her hot athlete bf) but... I met her in Montreal when she did some promo cuz she was dating Quebecois race driver Jacques Villeneuve--a really sweet and even humble lady.

And yes, Sharon Osborne has an odd hate on for her. That's one reason I find Sharon so incredibly fake--to the US media she pretends to be a sort of mother figure, whereas in the UK she is famous for mocking, quite rudely, anyone (there's a great/awful Graham Norton show where the two of them behave like school bullies giggling away as they go on about how ugly Dannii is....)

He's certainly aged better than his Wings costar, Steven Webber (anyone else see him on Happy Town? umm wow)

Yeah the animal print is... odd. She designed it--it's from her brand new collection (seriously lol)

To be fair, this is a [!@#$%^&*] pic of her (before and after IMHO)

flfxa1.jpg

nosejob14.jpg

• Members

WHOA. Wow. Yeah. That's really interesting because from the above pic I imagined her as this really cute teen/twentysomething who was aging well. I had no idea that she and her sister have had such long careers (though I do think I knew about Kylie being on "NYE-buhz"), good to know.

• Members

Sharon definitely showed her nasty streak from time to time on The Osbournes. It's weird how with her face all plumped with filler you can see Kelly's resemblance to her. Sharon used to be overweight and had gastric bypass surgery.

• Members

The recent pictures of Sharon show that she's, literally, had filler put in over the last few weeks. How she looks is typical, she'll look like herself in a week or two. I think Sharon looks wonderful. Nothing is too tight and she dresses age appropriate.

Sharon titled her autobiography 'Extreme' and I think it's a very apt description for her. She's like that Meredith Brooks song 'Bitch'...she is many things to many different people. She is intense and she is nobody's fool. I happen to find her sense of humor hilarious, but I admit that it's a meaner streak.

Dannii Minogue is not my type of person. To me, she's fake and full of sh*t. Say what you will about Sharon but the lady doesn't bullsh*t around. She calls a spade a spade.

• Members

I had no clue she was overweight--how long back? Even before the Dannii drama I never have really trusted her--on her own talk show she came off, to me, as really really phony, though I know many (some on here judging by the PMs I got after my comments about her being on that new talk show ;) ) love her. I think she's an extremely ugly person--but I never got the appeal of that family anyway.

Yeah I think Dannii, despite finding fame first, has always felt a bit under her sister's shadow--X Factor has been really good for her. On the pop music forum I mod there's a running joke about Dannii and her kinda start/stop dance music career (despite a genuine hit CD in 2002 with Neon Nights). She used to always message her fans about how she had a single coming out--and then a month later we'd hear she was partying non stop in Ibiza all month and the track finally comes out with no fanfare 6 months later... :) She also posed for Aussie Playboy right after the Julian McMahon fiasco...

• Members

That';s simply not true though. Sharon is *smart* and she's calculated that the States would not take to her bitchiness--so when she's in North america she acts like a mother hen--rumour is she's even sued some publications who have reported about her UK behaviour in the US. She's as fake as plastic.

I think Dannii has never been anything less than genuine (though she has a reality show out this week--I'm a bit worried to see). I've met her three times now, and she's exactly what she shows herself to be--genuine tot he core, no apologies abotu her behaviour, much more frank than the much more guarded Kylie, etc Sharon does look good, though...

I mean you go from this BS:

To Sharon behaving like an ugly high school bully on the Graham Norton show (and Graham, despite his broiwn nose for both Minogue sisters when they're on the show, shamelessly egging her on). Going on about how she used ot be fat and "still is", can't sing, [!@#$%^&*] her way through life and her career, etc. She's pretty vile when they allow her to just talk.

• Members

Weird, her breasts look bigger in the Playboy pics than they do in that dress upthread. I think she's cute, nice self-improvement.

I didn't know Sharon had been overweight either until she talked about it on the show and they aired an MTV special on Ozzie during the Osbournes craze that had been filmed a couple years prior and before her surgeries. She was noticeably heavier and her face hadn't been touched yet.

• Members

I'll have to find pics--for the record I think she looks great. I just find her fake--and I think it bugs me so much (not just cuz she picks on the Minogues who no one in the industray otherwise has ever had a mean word about :P ) because Sharon pretends that she's all about honestly, being real, etc. If she didn't have that charade, I'd be more fine with how calculated she is.

Yeah I wonder if Dannii has had a breast reduction--during the Girl album/Playboy era when she really was trying to be the Slutty Minogue (her music videos from that time are wonderfully weird) they definitely were bigger...

• Members

I think she's downright beautiful in that clip you uploaded, now I'm kind of fascinated. But what the hell was her and Sharon's beef, is Dannii kind of the "Paula" of the group or something, did she not always sound so wise and Sharon started picking on her? Or was it all bts stuff that carried over onscreen?

• Members

And I hate to say it, but the whole, "When women are working together, the media *wants* to create problems" thing is starting to wear thin when it's so obvious that the media isn't creating [!@#$%^&*] in this and other cases. A simple, "We don't always get along" would be so appreciated, just be real with it.

• Members

Dannii was brought into the X-Factor as a new judge after Sharon had been there several years. The press went along with the idea of the younger woman being the star and eclipsing the old (which they have also done to Dannii when Sharon left and Cheryl Cole joined the panel). I think it was also Sharon and her friends, like Louis Walsh, or Graham Norton, having a catty vibe.

• Members

Yeah it's definietely a scripted or pre thought line.

Sharon felt Dannii was stealing the spotlight/time from her. There was also gossip that Dannii was there cuz Simon found her pretty, Sharon went on about how she couldn't sing (Dannii has had no huge pop career but she *can* sing, and well--unlike Sharon's replacement the gorgeous Cheryl Cole from Girls Aloud--who I love), all the plastic surgery she had, etc. I think Sharon wanted off the show, and maybe that's why she acted out, I'm not sure. But it definitely did her no favours in the UK media, especially since Dannii, wisely, played it cool and refused to comment. That's the thing--I appreciate when celebrities are real and speak their minds, as Daytime Fan mentioned but to me personbally, with Sharon, it always feels calculated anyway. I don't believe her mean comments are honest (Scissor Sisters did a tv interview recently where they mentioned how hateful Sharon has always been to them, going on about how "faggy" they are, etc).

• Members

There was definitely an element of Walsh and her teaming up against Dannii (as there was with Norton on his show). It's funny cuz Walsh has such [!@#$%^&*] taste (he's the one who unleashed Jedward on us this past year--and Sam Difference the year before--I mean I loved Steps, I love cheezy pop but really... lol) The irony is if SHarona nd Louis etc had played it cool, the media woulda undoubtedly sided with them and painted Dannii as the untalented hack there just to steal the spotlight from them. But they fed right into it.

Archived