Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

"The poor man's Elizabeth Taylor", yeah.

Sylph, I did a little cross referencing and I'm pretty sure that program on Joan is the repackaged episode of The South Bank Show she did in '99 that aired in the U.S. on the Ovation network simply as "Joan Collins". Not positive.

Poor JVA, her lips look burned and scarred. :( Like she's concealing the problem with makeup and any lipstick would be a smeary mess. I dunno. On Y&R she always had glossy nude lips, I don't remember her wearing lip color on there either.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In Burton's case I think it's more than muscle/mass coupled with age. Not sure what it is but I think his recent pics are noticeably different to the ones in his pre Morgan days. Maybe fillers in the face? Also curious about Bernard too.

• Members

UGH. Poor Man's Elizabeth Taylor my ass, I know it's not your feeling SFK...I just hate that comparison because they're so different, as actresses and people, as I've explained many times before.

JVA really needs to sit down and let a professional take a look at her lips. Something CAN be done. But it would have to be carefully done! Likely a bit of filler to give her lips some structure.

Weight gain/loss and Botox!

• Members

Oh, absolutely. I think ET is a lovely woman, but I find JC much more interesting. I just might flip the channel on an ET interview but you can't help but watch Joan who will inevitably say something outrageous. :lol: I don't even think they looked all that alike.

Why do I feel like JVA sits in the mirror and counts out 100 strokes of mascara per lid? :( I wonder if peels messed up her brows because it looks like she has permanent makeup. They may have always been thin though.

• Members

Tonight, on a very special A&E's "Intervention," the cast of TV's "Knots Landing" reunites to help one of their own face a difficult problem...

Michele Lee: "We love you, Joan, and we can't let you keep doing this to yourself!"

Joan Van Ark: "Don't talk to me about help! I'm just fine! You're the one who needs help, you sagging bag of [expletive]!"

• Members

I can't believe Bert and Ron got away with those cracks about Eskimo pie and the smell of fish! :lol: Bert's hair was the truth.

Ron Kass, that's her youngest daughter Katy's dad, right?

Wow, barbi Benton, Joan Collins... and Gene Rayburn's wife. ^_^ Kinda random.

• Members

That's how I feel too. JC is a far better interview because life hasn't stopped for her. ET stopped living after Larry Fortensky, she just goes through the motions while JC is constantly hustling.

It really wouldn't surprise me if JVA has OCD or some sort of compulsion. Her look is very 'done'...I'll give her this though, she was a hoot on Nip/Tuck and seemed very 'in' on the joke!

This is early 80s Joan and I think it captures her personality really well, just starting to taste real stardom thanks to her first season on Dynasty...it's interesting, her husband in the clip, Ron Kass, was apparently a very nice guy who finished last, dead of cancer in 1986. Joan paid the medical bills even though they'd divorced.

LOL. That would be AMAZING. I really hope Michelle Phillips could get in on the act and smoke some weed in the background while Donna Mills emphasizes how to do GREAT surgery.

Archived