Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Oh yeah, and she talked about how she wore one of those butt bras they used to advertise in my mom's black hair care magazines :lol: and over the course of the night it kept riding in and cinched her butt into a swollen little cantaloupe. :lol:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here. That was only the second one, wow. I think it was the summer between 7th and 8th grade for me because I remember it being a highlight of the summer back in that age of three-way when we'd pull some amazing feats of phone technology and have like six friends from school all on the phone at once enjoying our AC and just being pubescent tweens.

• Members

I don't know how many years it's been but it still kind of makes me mad. :lol: Beth was cracking up more than either of them and she turned on a dime the moment Tami stormed out and decided to get mad about it. David played too much anyway, but I think Tami should have made it clear the second David started that she wasn't having it, just looked at him and dropped her voice and said, "David. Stop. I am not playing." But when it was a fun and laughing giggly mess that goes on and on you can't just backtrack and get indignant. Beth was a troll.

• Members

Are we talking Jackie (the novelist/Beverly Hills mafia) or Joan (the actress/diva/icon)?

Either way, there's work involved.

Jackie (born Jacqueline Jill Collins in 1937) had a nose job that refined her nose a little bit sometime in the 1960s, I can hear the difference in how she sounds because of it. She's also had a very nice, gentle facelift in the early/mid 90s that was complimented with some eyework to clean up her upper and lower lids. This would likely have taken place after the death of her husband Oscar Lerman, he died from cancer which everyone knows is very draining on the patient and their family. She could probably do with another facelift to clean up her neckline, but it isn't really necessary, for a 73 year old woman she looks fabulous. Regular fillers and Botox wouldn't surprise me. She swears by La Prairie and Estee Lauder creams and has immaculate skin.

Joan (born Joan Henrietta Collins in 1933) has enjoyed the rewards of flawless cosmetic surgery since 1988 when she first went under the knife, allegedly, at the direction of renowned Brazilian plastic surgeon Dr Ivo Pitanguy. Joan had a facelift and upper eyelid surgery prior to the last season of Dynasty likely as a pick me up from her divorce from that slezebag Peter Holm. What makes Joan's surgery such a success is that she doesn't look different, at all. She simply looks like she stopped aging for 10 years because she did her surgery before she really needed it to improve her looks, she just had her facial restructure repositioned. She does not use Botox, though fillers aren't out of the question, nor are IPL or Fraxel treatments. Joan has used Retin-A for decades and swears by Clinique and Clarins. She has flawless skin.

Jackie and Joan are both women who carry weight in their faces. When they're thinner, they look younger.

Jackie has always been the more curvy sister. She is not one for diets or strict exercise regimes. She swims and she enjoys broccoli, with loads of butter on it. Jackie is a cook, she makes one helluva meatloaf.

Joan has always been thin and it's taken discipline to stay that way, especially after menopause. Joan generally eats a low carb diet and does rigorous weight training and pilates. She apparently hates cardio (though she obviously doesn't realize that she may be getting cardiovascular exercise from her weight training and pilates) but enjoys to swim.

Both sisters swear by sex as their fountains of youth. Joan is an outspoken advocate for hormone replacement therapy, I suspect Jackie uses it as well. Both come from good genes, have good bone structure and both have good luck.

• Members

Yes, it was about Jackie :D I have always thought she looks fabulous and wanted to see what you thought. Thanks so much, very appreciated. :)

"Beverly Hills Mafia"? Term of endearment? lol Do you know how she is as a person? Haven't really heard much about her.

• Members

'Beverly Hills Mafia' is a term of endearment. Jackie is one of those people who acts as a gatekeeper in LA. If you're not in her good books, socially, you're a pariah. The good news is that Jackie is a happy, fun, no nonsense, ballsy kind of woman who lives life on her own terms. Nobody in publishing works as hard as she does. She's a notoriously good mother, she blows everyone in Beverly Hills out of the water. All 3 of her daughters are successes.

The difference between Joan and Jackie is that Joan loves to talk while Jackie loves to listen.

• Members

I can vouch for Jackie Collins being the hardest working authoress out there, having once worked for the publishing industry and seen it up close. Jackie Collins will fly to an country, sign books for hours, speak to every book customer personally, regale the waiting crowds with anecdotes and just gives 110%. Some authors can be very snooty about meeting their fans and want to do as little signings as possible, but Jackie knows that personal appearances and signings sell more books. Even people just going into the bookstore to pick up something else will likely pick up her book and join the long line for a signed copy. She's just that good. Collins and JK Rowling are heads and shoulders above everybody else when it comes to giving 150% to their fans.

If anybody had any doubts about Prince Harry's parentage, I think this photo somewhat lays all that to rest. Harry has the close-set eyes and nose of Prince Charles. He also has a touch of the young Prince Philip about him.

I'm not Daytimefan, but I'm thinking botox and a possible chin-tuck.

I'm not sure about the nose but I hope she has left that alone. Marcil's nose was always one of her most beautiful features, I always thought.

Archived