Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

LMAO. They keep mentioning Jesus Luz as her "younger boyfriend." He is, of course, gay. He was/is the RL boyfriend of Steven Klein (or one of the D&Gs, I can't remember). He is very fit, though. I guess Madonna needed somebody smouldering to remind Guy that she's still got what it takes to pull in the young bucks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA. I was such a Madonna fan in the 1980s. She was dynamic and bash. She broke so many barriers. She expressed women's sexuality and refused to conform. It actually surprised me that the woman who told the world to f' off would even resort to cosmetic surgery, but to go this far makes her downright pathetic.

• Members

LOOOOL, this is why I also don't think he bought this:

Who knows, but I have a feeling he doesn't give a f*ck about Madonna anymore. I feel as if he was just tortured by her for many, many years. Kabbalah (which he doesn't practice anymore?), adoptions, her career, her wishes... He had enough. She became more and more insecure, it was a turn-off for him and he just dumped her.

• Members

Her Madge was used to being #1. She always had a coterie of assistants and hangers-on devoted to making her look good at all times -- and entertaining her on a whim. Madonna was Head Cheerleader in High School and she has often recreated that Popular Girl clique through her life, surrounding herself with people who make her feel like the queen bee. Ritchie probably challenged that because he didn't care what she thought of him, and that was EXTREMELY attractive to her.

I remember when she did her Drowned World tour, she had a documentary following her all over the place. First of all, Madonna comes ALIVE in the presence of her kids, Lourdes and Rocco. They are awesome. Rocco is quite a character, and his father dotes on him, too, teaching him karate and whatnot. Secondly, Madonna clearly bored her then-husband out of his mind, droning on about Kaballah. At one point he tries to get her to take a break, come out with him and she is horrified. My God, what about the tour? Practicing? The costumes? Yoga? OMG? He spends the rest of the documentary avoiding her and playing with the kids.

• Members

I think William looks OK, he looks a bit old for his age but sometimes men who try too hard to move away from their hair loss look even worse. His uncle Edward has had that balding look for a long time and he doesn't look too bad (then again supposedly he makes up for it in other areas...).

My favorite is Harry too, I'm glad he seems to have gotten past the years that the media tore him to shreds. Some of it was deserved but some was just ridiculous and was lazy attempts to go along with the narrative that Harry had to be bad if William was good. Harry just seems very down to earth and like a real person, which is what the Windsors need. Some of the other kids of the Royal Family, no matter how many years they've been around, tend to totter around with googly-eyed stares like they're in daylight for the first time.

• Members

Hmmmm. Paternity rumors?

Yes, he does look a bit like James Hewitt, but he also looks the spitting image of a young Edward VIII (Queen Elizabeth's uncle who abdicated in 1936 "for" Wallis Simpson -- although it prob had more to do with his Nazi sympathies). And Edward VIII is Prince Charles' great-uncle. Go figure!

Harry is devilishly good-looking. He has swagger.

• Members

There wa sa rumour last year (or was it the year before?) that he was desperate about it! Really, really depressed. SADLY, there is no cure for baldness — you can bathe in a lake of Minoxidil, Finasteride or non-FDA approved Ketoconazole and the results would be minimal or not there at all.

But DaytimeFan is the expert and he can correct me.

Those.

But I'm not sure whether they're all about James Hewitt, although that one's the most common.

• Members

I know nothing about Guy Ritchie or his marriage to Madonna, but from his films, I wouldn't think that she is his kind of woman or vice versa. The women in his films tend to be extraneous, inserted for marketing purposes. Even in his camera work, he rarely lingers on their bodies and has little interest in their sexuality. In contrast, he is clearly fascinated with the men in his films. The friendships between his male protagonists dominate his films. They are running buddies who engage in violence as they fight off the bad guys.

• Members

Well, they do call him a man's man!

Funny how the straightest of pursuits -- like Ritchie's all-action buddy-mobster films, or guys watching football (American and otherwise) -- can get downright homoerotic when you think about it.

• Members

Wow. I think I recognize that mews house -- on Pavilion Road off of Sloane Street in London?

Maybe Guy Ritchie's philosophy is like that of the Sex & the City girls? You know, "men may come and go but your girl friends are your soulmates"? Ritchie's could easily be "chicks may come and go but your guy friends down the pub are your soulmates."

Archived