Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

LOL! Sorry, but that is funny. Of all the social networking online, I consider Facebook, the most useless. Seriously, if these people were important to you, you would have stayed in touch or made the effort to find them. Who cares what people you haven't seen since college, high school, etc. think? In real life, you bump into one of these people, you wouldn't even recognize them or if you did, you would catch up for a few minutes and never see them again. Take my advice stay off Facebook, I do. Anyone you care to know about you should have your telephone number.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

darling, no.

I worked in Midtown and now Mayfair. So much nicer (though the pay is and will never be Wall St/City level).

My point is, do we really want to be judging ourselves by high school/college standards that were set in the 80s or 90s? An era of bad mega-perms and clip-on shoulder pads? Or midriff-baring tops and gross, chunky-heeled shoes? An era that celebrated Jennifer Aniston as its High Priestess of mid-range style? I think we all know the answer to that -- a resounding NO.

• Members

Although the skill of the doctor doing a hair transplant procedure is vital, I feel that there is a long way to go before those procedures look really natural. There is an element of fakeness that is hard to shake with hair transplants simply because they have to be implanted in some sort of orderly fashion, this order creates a pattern and it's the pattern that looks fake. As well, half of the transplanted hairs fall out regardless of who does the procedure. It's time consuming, expensive and not as predictable as it should be.

I don't recommend them and it's not something I'd bother with. Minoxidil (Rogaine) is by far more predictable, though again it's hardly perfect. Hair loss is genetic (forget the old wives tales) so it's really luck of the draw. Though my hair hasn't changed since high school, if it did, I'd just buzz it off. That said, I'm just not attached to my hair, if it goes, it goes. As long as a man is in reasonable shape and has taken care of his skin, a buzz cut looks good 99% of the time.

Absolutely. They would skin him alive. He should buzz it off, it's worked fine for Prince Albert of Monaco.

I can just picture you with The Rachel, the lipstick and the choker. I soooo would have hit on you at a college party. I was of the unfortunate belief that David Charvet's hairstyle in Baywatch/Melrose Place was a great look...

pam-david.jpg

Ahhhh the 90s.

• Members

Is it wrong that I had that exact outfit?

It's sort of a classic beach look. In my case it was just damn inconvenient when I was an intern, in scrubs, a lab coat and the standard shower cap, that hairstyle got HOT (uncomfortably so) and so it went.

• Members

The problem with Morrow is that he doens't have much opporotunity to smile much anymore on camera, and his smile is his best asset. Also, all that HORRIBLE, GOOPY product in his hair is the whole problem, it just makes him look greasy. the unshaven thing is ok, but he needs to be BLOW DRIED. the few times in the last few years he's appeared onscreen blowdried, he was DEVASTATINGLY beaufitul.

• Members

So, DaytimeFan, Carla Bruni Sarkozy is no soap star, though her life is pure soap opera: born in a wealthy family, whose fortunes came from a manufacturing company that produced cables and tyres, her mother a famous concert pianist, her father a rich industrialist (later actually established her biological father was a Brazilian magnate), grew up in France, attended boarding schools in Switzerland, travelled the world as a famous supermodel, 'ate' men like daily bread, lived in a castle worth 8 million pounds... But what would you say she did to her face? And do you have any idea on who her surgeon and/or dermatologist are?

Would you describe the 'work' done as simply stunning or you can see flaws?

a3huv9.jpg

• Members

I've been thinking that for YEARS. Morrow has so much sh*t in his hair, I don't know how he can stand it! It looks so greasy and dirty and heavy. I've been product-free since 2003.

I enjoy Carla's narrative, her life is a soap opera and a glamorous one at that! I also loved her music, "Quelqu'un m'a dit" is a favorite song of mine.

I think she's done lots of little things over at least a decade. Her skin has been lasered, Botoxed, Fillered and perhaps Thermaged to near flawlessness. I think she may have had a little tasteful nose work, but I'm not sure about it, I'm sort of leaning in the 'no' direction, but I can't be certain. She's definitely had her eyes totally worked over. She tried to do lip injections but they didn't do well with her and I don't think her lipline looks totally natural as a result due to the inflation/deflation phenomenon. She has a striking profile. Staying sample size thin has helped her tremendously.

Elle est magnifique.

Archived