Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What do you think of Eric Roberts?

And do you think Julia's had anything done?

Victoria got hers removed, right?

I know Mariel Hemingway had hers removed because one ruptured. You'd think those with money might be able to get a better quality.

• Members
:lol: I don't know the specifics of any sort of revision work he may have had in recent years, but in a nutshell, he smashed his Jeep (and face) into a tree in the early '80s. It altered the path of his career, from pretty boy to heavy.

• Members

I don't think much of Eric Roberts. He has a rubbery look to his face but I think it's probably all his.

Julie MUST use Botox, she doesn't have a line on that forehead of hers! I also wouldn't be surprised if she's had a Fraxel or two and maybe some filler. She's also clearly used sunscreen, not one freckle to mar that milky complexion. I think she looks fabulous and I love how nasty she is with paparazzi. She's feisty!

I don't think Victoria's had hers removed, I think she may have had a revision done and perhaps downsized. That's the issue with breast implants, once you've had them, you sort of have to keep them in some form because the skin will just sag like an empty set of pancakes otherwise. Robin Strasser has had hers done several times because of that issue.

Mariel did have hers removed and she was fortunate in that her breasts recovered and look normal without them.

The simple truth is that silicone implants need to be replaced every 10-15 years according to what an MRI says. Saline implants are a different story, those can stay in for as long as they remain stable, once they rupture, they need to be replaced, the difference is that saline is water, so it poses virtually no risk to the patient when a rupture occurs.

I'm not a big fan of implants, a lot of men aren't. Fake is nice in theory, but in reality, meh.

• Members

Dr. 90210 did a segment once on saline vs. silicone. He prefers silicone even if saline is safer as the saline implant he used as an example seriously looked, sounded, and I presume felt like a ziploc bag full of water. Silicone feels more natural and to prove that the implants aren't as delicate as feared, he hurled one against the wall a couple of times to show that it wouldn't easily rupture. Implants can look great, I just don't get why some women insist upon overdoing it because when your tits look like veiny flesh-colored soccer balls and your mangled asymmetric nipples can't agree on hard or soft and what direction they want to point in, yeah, real hot.

• Members

If we're talking about Dr Robert Rey I find his opinions...interesting...

It's true that silicone implants feel and look much more natural and that they are generally superior to saline. I'm just not a fan of implants generally. Don't like them in the cheeks, butt, breasts etc. The lone exception is the chin, that implant rarely, if ever, doesn't look and work fantastically.

• Members

Yeah, Dr. Rey, Dr. Boobman himself. :D What's your feeling on facial implants/implants in general, that they look artificial and *too too* or you don't like the idea of foreign objects in the body, little bit of both? I saw a surgeon on The Doctors do a chin "implant" with Radiesse. He and his partner worked quickly and in conjunction on either side of the guy's face, forming it with their fingers as they injected. It was interesting. I'd definitely try that out first before I had someone slice me open and jab something in there. With fat and injectables, that seems like the more sensible option these days, at least to try first to see without much risk what your result might be. Of course with the butt, you need enough fat in other places to draw from. I've seen some butt implant pics that looked truly awful, and I'm not even talking about the lady who had a quack put breast implants in her ass or the poor ladies who were filled at a party with Wesson oil. :rolleyes: (The Florence Henderson special? :unsure: )

• Members

It is a bit of both. I don't really like the idea of foreign objects in the body from a personal perspective...but I know that, scientifically, they are safe and tested and etc. But more so, it's the fact that implants (aside from the chin) usually look 'done' and fake because they're too hard too look natural under the skin.

Injectables are a whole other story, they aren't permanent, most are reversible and they are easily customized for the patient. One of the most interesting things I've seen/done is changed the shape of someone's nose with fillers. DAMN does it work well and looks terrific and without any of the risk/recovery of a nose job!

I don't understand work on the butt, just eat a few ice cream cones if you want some extra padding!

• Members

I remember when Tami from Real World Los Angeles spent an episode trying to find butt pads to make herself look more full. A few years later at the reunion for the first five seasons, someone asked her if she was still looking for butt pads, and she said after you have a child, you don't need them anymore.

• Members

OMG, Tami. :rolleyes: "It WASN'T! NOT! FUNNY!" What a trip. Dragged down the hall in her panties and the freak out not at ALL helped by that hypocritical Beth and self-righteous Ilene the cop, then the abortion and the having her mouth wired shut so she'd lose weight, wow, such drama. What was that, like 37 Real Worlds ago? :lol:

• Members

Irene. Wept over by the world's most annoying cowboy.

That Real World was the start of all the fakeness, but was still watchable. I haven't sat through one of those in over ten years. The last one I enjoyed was when the other Irene, the crazy one, got a smack in the face by the crazy guy Stephen who wore a blonde wig.

Archived