Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HAHA it's sad but true. The problem with binge drinking is often the effects happen so far down the road that the people who could benefit from scare tactics can't see that far into the future. That said I *do* consider myself a fairly serious weekend drinker, I'm not really proud to admit. But when I spent 6 months working in Dublin... *wow*. Just, *wow*. I admit I think after that experience I've not worried about my own drinking habits whatsoever... lol

• Members

That's what I was thinking, that he had a broad nose and he went for a more commercial anglo look. And he must have had it done relatively young so I also wondered if it had anything to do with him joining that boy band, like if it wasn't 100% his idea if you get my drift.

• Members

You never know, Eric, you never know. whistle3q.gif It might happen next weekend for you, if you've accumulated quite a bit of effects during all those weekends. It's unpredictable: it might happen tomorrow, it might happen 5 years from now (which doesn't really make it any less scary).

But how come you say I'm a serious weekend drinker and I'm not proud of it, but still do it?

And I don't want this to sound like the Inquisition!!! :lol: Yοu don't have to reply!

• Members

I think a cookie cutter nose that's going to look bad on a white person is going to look especially bad on a black person. It's very possible that MP could have been born with a nose more similar to the one he has now, but there's just something unnatural about it that a lot of people seem to see. The black bald Dr. with glasses from Extreme Makeover, I'm forgetting his name :lol: he specializes in the unique plastic surgery issues of blacks. Noses that look real but refined. For instance, I think the nosejobs of Patti Labelle and Stephanie Mills (who inspired Patti to get hers) are great and compliment their faces well.

• Members

Well I usually go for drinks with friends one night a week, and maybe once a month two a week. But I don't get so drunk I get home and pass out--then again I can "hold my alcohol" quite well, which I know doesn't so much health wise. I didn't mean I'm ashamed of it, I just meant I don't want to sound like I'm bragging about it or think others should follow my example necessarily. I've been honest with my doctors about how much I drink (and I did worry my health scare in the Fall--the Dieulafoy's lesion--might have been due to some of my behaviour, you know internal bleeding in the stomach and all--not just drinking--from the past, stuff I don't do anymore, but was assured by everyone I encountered at the hospital it was 100% hereditary). Anyway I sound like I'm being defensive, but am trying to answer your inquisition. ;)

Yeah I can agree with those examples. I dunno, I never thought, from pics, Hale Berry needed one, but I guess maybe before she wouldn't have been on so many prettiest people lists. Sigh.

• Members

No.

I mean... i dont WANT it, but im not going out of my way to avoid it either. Im a drinker. I go out with my friends 2-3 nights a week and we go to bars. We drink... a lot. Far more than we should (im talking "wtf happened last night" married in vegas, tossed in the drunk tank type of nights). But then again im not really afraid of much. Things happen, diseases happen. You get sick. No reason not to enjoy the fine things life has to offer. Ienjoy going out with my friends and getting wasted and doing stupid things and having fun. No i dont need the alkie to do it, im naturally like that, but the alkie is... good.

Not to say i dont care about myself. I do. Just not enough to cut out things i enjoy doing. I eat somewhat well, drink plenty of water, and work out regular. I could do more, but i dont want to. Anymore would be a burden. Im also not one that foresees myself living to be old tho, so perhaps that why.

Even *I* know what a liver is. Anyone old enough to be drinking should know.

See.... if my penis didnt work i may as well be dead.

• Members

LOL, No. That was a like a ... two time thing (for me; them im not sure. They go out nightly, i limit myself to 2-3). And its been like, years. I think the last time was in Montana in 07. Before that it was in 04 in Arizona.

Oh, and i didnt really think of it as a fail of the night. Inf act in the Montana drunk tank i made some friends im still friends with today. LOL. If it happened after my teenage years, yes, fail of a night. You can get away with blaming just about anything on "i was a teenager"...

• Members

I had a friend who was once thrown in the drunk tank during a weird raid on a controiversial bar we used to go to (he wasn't drunk, but he was peeing in an alley way and the cop decided to make an example of him--he actually later sued the city and won, as they refused to even give him a breathalizer and the most you can get for public urination is a ticket--the irony was we had just arrived there). Anyway, the drunk tank for him was a solitary cell surrrounded by loud drugged up or very drunk people screaming all night long, one pillow and no blanket. It sounds like yours was more fun. :P (he did say that it woulda been much better if he actually WAS drunk, as at least it woulda gone by faster)

Still, not something I ever think or want to experience. :P This thread has made an odd turn.

• Members

I didn't know that much about Cleo Laine (who was mentioned some pages ago) but I just watched the Muppet Show episode she was in and she was superb. Her vocal control was unbelievable and she also had such great camera presence, whether in comedy or in serious numbers. The whole show was of such a high quality which very little on TV today gets close to, and makes me miss variety shows and what they could be at their best. There was some puppeteer who had very lifelike marionettes acting out a dying love as Cleo sang "If." It was sublime.

• Members

Yeah, Cleo made a huge impression when I saw her in Into the Woods as kid--she's kinda been forgotten it seems, at least by the mainstream, which is a shame. I guess she never really did much in film, etc...

And thanks to SFK for that amazing Muppet Show link. The guy who did the marionettes is Bruce D. Schwartz who actually I used to be quite interested in--he's well known in the theatre scene, and has done puppet scenes in several movies (I think Jim Henson had him on the Muppet Show several times--Henson was VERY good at showcasing international puppet artists on the show whenever possible). Apparently he's now retired to a life of yoga, but I agree, it's beautiful stuff.

I grew up obsessed with Jim Henson (I recently found at my mom's, a scrapbook I had for a year when he died with every article I could find about him). But there was nothing quite like the Muppet Show--how it worked for kids as well as adults (I remember recently I watched the Raquel Welch episode and was surprised at how raunchy the humour was--something they still were careful not to make too obvious to kids). Of course when in the 90s, post Henson they tried to revive it with Muppets Tonight, it simply didn't work, and was a big old mess...

I *did* love the flop NBC show he did before he died, Jim Henson Hour, which was half a modern take on the Muppets and the other half was always something else--I remember one segment about a robot dragon that came alive (was better than it sounds) and this is where he first aired his wonderful Storyteller series of accurate old fairy tales and fables (and later Greek myths) told imaginatively with actors and puppets--Showtime later re-aired the full series and it's on DVD.

Yeah one known for some umm unsavoury types hung out--but it had the best music :D (of course)

• Members

I can't believe I missed that. I think at the time I was so focused on all the stuff about stars smoking that all I remembered about her was someone said she occasionally smoked. I can be very blind sometimes...

Archived