Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the odd drink does no harm and because it relaxes people, helps reduce stress. Wine contains lots of good chemicals that benefit the body as well.

I think it's fine not to drink too, whatever floats your boat and doesn't stress you out!

Huh? What about lip balm and urban myths?!

• Members

Both of those are utter nonsense.

The 'mystery ingredient' is illegal and would have been exposed a long time ago.

The more you use it, the more you'll use it argument also doesn't hold up, lip balm acts like a barrier and allows the skin to repair itself. Simple as that.

• Members

The Times has had interesting articles over the years about alcohol: Two glasses a night? What's the problem? (recommended), Alcohol now costs less than water, Is white wine really healthy?, Q&A: Alcohol and teenagers, Thousands of children damaged in womb by drinking mothers, Why women drink too much, As men sober up, women drink more... Countless others.

But I think you're right: the odd drink is OK. Anything more: dangerous.

• Members

I know, but I'm shocked you haven't heard about it.

The ingredient is just utter bull, but one argument about The more you use it, the more you'll use it, because people often lick their lips when they use it... Or something like that. :wacko:icon8.gif

• Members

I would point out Sylph, that any British articles about drinking have to have been influenced by the ludicrous amount of alcohol abuse found in the UK. It's a cultural and sociological problem in this country that is so blatantly awful. They need to get a grip.

Licking the lips with lip balm would happen if the lip balm tasted good. The point is that products should be fragrance free!

• Members

I was reading in the Primetime Soaps section about Kim Zimmer looking old when she appeared on Models Inc with Zimmer explaining that it was the makeup they used and that her aged appearance was intentional.

Liar.

She absolutely looked old in Models Inc. because she was looking damn rough, Zimmer has baked her face in the sun, probably enjoyed a few cocktails and clearly hasn't ever given a damn about what she eats and the importance of exercise. She had a facelift before swooping back into GL in 1995.

Zimmer is an example of how plastic surgery only goes so far in someone who has battered their skin and then lets themselves go in a major way. I would argue that Zimmer is similar to Ivana Trump, she's aged tremendously and her plastic surgery, if anything, has hampered any attempts to age with even a modicum of grace.

• Members

I'd heard that more about eye drops. With lip balm I do think there's something to it, in that if you're used to having it on, then your lips feel off when it's not on--so you use it more. But nothing health related.

No comment ;) (Hey I still get carded at 30, when my younger friends don't so something must be ok...)

Archived