Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Linda Gray has always been a knockout in the classiest, most up to date, age appropriate way.

She had a good facelift circa Models Inc.. Linda looks younger as a blond, in the last few years she was a dark brunette, she's since lightened her hair and looking younger in the process.

• Members

Oh my God, that is terrible, sounds like a recipe for disaster. I must say, Extreme Makeover was my SHOW, I loved it, but at least it had the heart strings factor for people who were truly jacked up and unhappy, unable to afford it. Having to compete like mice in a maze to win some surgery for your wedding, ugh, what is this world coming to...

• Members

I have nothing against plastic surgery, and I can certainly understand why people in show business need to make sure they look their very best before the cameras and audiences, but the problem is, THEY DON'T KNOW WHEN TO STOP. A little tuck here and there usually make a person look well rested and younger, but then they also get botoxed over and over again, and that makes them look like they're wearing immovable masks. New York and Hollywood have some of the finest plastic surgeons in the world, so I can't understand some of the really bad faces they wind up with. They should all rush to Susan Lucci's surgeon, because that woman looks incredible. I remember Jeanne Cooper's first face lift, and she did it on camera. The funny thing was, since she had been wearing a souffle (an implement that is worn on the top of the head under the hair that has elastic cords to insert into taped hooks behind and above the ears that pulls the skin up), I didn't see any difference. They also need to realize how many lifts they can get. After 2 or 3, sometimes only after 1, the skin is drawn so tightly they look like they're caught in a never ending scream.

• Members

I like your avatar.

I agree with you, they don't know when to stop.

I also wonder how many people get plastic surgery based on insecurities and don't care enough that this is permanent or will be difficult to take back. It's always kind of sad when you watch Survivor and you see these women in their 40s who do the whole "I'm so hot for my age, young women can't compare," and they do have some beauty, but they also have these shelf boobs or these big fake things which get in the way.

DaytimeFan, now that Strictly Come Dancing has started back up in the UK, do you have any thoughts on their lineup? The first two that come to mind are Patsy Kensit (when she was on Emmerdale the Botox needle never seemed far away) and Pamela Stephenson.

• Members

Strictly Come Dancing may be back in the UK...but I'm not (yet! give me a few weeks!)

But I'm familiar with Patsy Kensit and Pamela Stephenson, so let's go there.

Patsy Kensit has a well documented love affair with Botox and lip fillers. Botox, quite simply, saved Patsy Kensit's career, all the tabloid coverage she got about how good she looked thanks to Botox led to her gig on Emmerdale that relaunched her into the UK mainstream. Leaving Holby City, I hope, is just a step towards something else...Patsy is quite a fun actress, I thought she was really enjoyable on Emmerdale, she played a tarty bitch perfectly.

Pamela Stephenson doesn't look good. She's put on far too much weight to wear anything that she's currently sporting. Horribly dumpy legs. Her face just looks over-Botoxed and over-Restylaned. The long hair does her no favours. Nor does the fake tan. She is a really good example of someone who is refusing to be age appropriate.

And I say that as a Joan Collins fan, who treads the Age Appropriate Line as closely as anyone can.

Archived