Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not saying this because I am a biased Joan Collins fan... but that black dress is flattering on her. It's perfect for her, actually. Topped off with that rose necklace, it really echoes luxurious-yet-sober Edwardian clothiing. I like!

• Members

I don't know, I somehow think she ruins herself a lot. She doesn't look bad, but she has a thing for accentuating all the wrong things. First that mop! blink.gif Then that lipstick which hurts the eyes! And a dress right out the 19th century. Yes, I know she is Joan Collins and likes to be over the top and full of excess, but if she would just tone it down... A bit?

• Members

Truthfully? If I was famous for having played Alexis Colby on Dynasty, then YES!

I'd wear the bangle and the necklace anyway -- obviously for a special formal occasion and not on, like, the subway to work. If I was in my 60s, going to black-tie events, the dress would fit right in will all the other face-lifts my age wearing evening dresses.

Yep, it does. And I rather like Westwood so perhaps that explains why I like her outfit here. :lol:

• Members

For somebody her age (and that is an important proviso to make), that dress IMO is appropriate and exactly what somebody would expect MissJoanCollins to wear at a function such as this. As for her looks, well, she is no longer a lithe, youthful 35 and able to wear sleeveless little things. She has to cover up her arms and has wrinkles and whatnot. I agree that the wig she dusted off is a bit crap and Joan has always overdone her eyes (like a lot of women of her generation who went to see Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra). The lipstick? It's red. It's evening. Red is back in fashion. I'm not offended by it.

:lol: It's not just an outfit -- it's a piece of theatre, the way I see it.

• Members

I actually like what Joan is wearing...just not together.

The top would look smashing with silk pants, the skirt would be great with a shear(ish) top. Worn together, I think they equal a harsh look. That said, for the event, it's appropriate. I'm sure she fit right in next to the Anne Douglas' who were undoubtedly at every table.

I think the accessories and jewels look great, as does her makeup.

The wig is crap and I suspect even Joan knows it. Who knows why she went with that one, perhaps her collection is stuck in London or something.

• Members

Mark's dermatologist should be embarrassed. A man takes Botox very differently than a woman and the the injection location is crucial to a good outcome. It looks like his dermatologist shot up his forehead as if he was a woman. Daytimefan , correct me if I am wrong, but the injection of Botox above the eyebrows on a man is limited because it raises the eyebrows which makes a man's face look feminine.

• Members

You've got it absolutely right. Mark's dermatologist shot his forehead FULL of Botox, including above the eyebrows which gives them the overly arched look.

If anything a man's forehead is *easier* to Botox in a natural looking way because it takes a lot more Botox to radically smooth it out because male musculature is stronger, thicker and harder to correct with Botox. What happened to Mark's forehead is aggressive, sloppy work. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reason for it, I bet he pushed for it. He seems like the 'extreme' type.

Archived