Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's good to contrast Joan and Sophia, their respective looks are similar...yet very different.

Joan and Sophia are both going for the 'age defying' look. And both succeed. Neither of them look their years (Joan at 77, Sophia at 76). The difference is that Joan is usually flirty and flashy, while Sophia is often aggressively sexual and structured. I think that can be put down to their respective backgrounds. A good English girl like Joanie simply isn't going around in a power suit with a plunging neckline whereas a fiery Italian like Sophia isn't going around in some confection of flowing green silk.

I think they both look great and should be commended for not giving up or giving in.

When it comes to the Oscars though, a drunk Sophia, hand on hip, slurring her air kisses to Meryl is unbeatable. That is, until Joan does the post mortem on the whole affair in the Daily Mail.

Interestingly, Joan and Sophia are friends and are always seated together if they're at the same function.

• Members

She does every year. Like clockwork. You can literally set your watch by Joan's Daily Mail Oscar post mortem. She didn't rip into Sophia at all mind you, she praised her as looking totally glam...but Joan does not mince words.

She once described Pamela Anderson's look at the Vanity Fair party as "a hooker on holiday"...and as someone who loves himself some Pamela Anderson, even I burst out laughing at that one.

• Members

Unfortunately it's a known fact that AAs bleach their skin and get rhinoplasty in attempt to find roles that go to women who are less ethnic. It happens all the time in an industry that is fixated on Caucasian beauty. I'm very curious to the AAs in Daytime like Yvonna Wright, Tamara Tunie, Tracey Ross, Amelia Marshall, Debbie Morgan, Tanya Boyd, and especially Renee Jones. Renee is 51 and she doesn't look a day over 40. She has gorgeous, flawless skin and it seems she's ageless. I wonder if she got any work done.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/gallery/renee-jones-image/

• Members

laugh.gif

It seemed kind of... random. Or, actually – not. Perhaps aimed & calculated. She said: When I was a kid watching movies, everybody on screen was gorgeous. I think showbusiness has lost a lot of its magic in that way.

Hm. Not sure what to think. Numer one, it's kind of... Egomaniacal to say so. But then again – it's Joan Collins. You bet she thinks of herself as gorgeous.

There are more gorgeous people now than there ever were in the past. But it's a different kind of gorgeous, that's the problem. It's all flat, cheap, no glamour, unconvincing. And around it there is a lot of trash, utter junk flying around. The glamour and luxury just lost their lustre. They became affordable (albeit in a rather superficial fashion) and luxury is just a product to be consumed.

Terrible.

• Members

Yep! Mostly all African American actresses with notoriety have plastic surgery and it's so damn ridiculous they felt they had to change their looks to conform to Hollywood's expectations. Halle pre surgery had a huge nose with a round face - not the so called goddess everyone makes her out to be. All the Blacks in tv, movies, and music have bleached skin, thin noses and prominent weaves. Jada Pinkett, Sanaa Lathan, Gabrielle Union, Alicia Keys, Tyra, Beyonce, Rhinna... the list goes on. And even though I love my girl RJ (DAYS) the minute she became frontburnered in 2000 she automatically looked lighter and sported the weavilicious hair :rolleyes:

• Members

I haven't seen that movie since it came out (actually, I saw it once again when they aired it on our local UPN/WB back in the day and they digitized the nude fashion show at the end :P ) but I loved her in that huge hat at the funeral and immediately imagined that her Alexis would have looked something like that. At any rate, it's easy to see why a fellow Eye-talian SL, Susan Lucci, idolizes her. Sphia, Joan, and yes Susan, I love their sense of style and the cut of clothes on them. And Sophia is rockin some awesome voluptuous tanned cleavage for her age. She looked hot in her bedroom scene in Ready to Wear (even if she was wearing stockings, but hell, so do the decades younger girls at Hooters).

Archived