Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Jada really needs to give it a rest. Not only are her cheeks way over-injected, but she gilds the lily by applying highlight to make them pop even more. Her face looks uncomfortable. And Lark Lark Lark, who wasn't madly in love with you?? Aging sucks. Aging poorly with bad cosmetic work is devastating. I mean, Nikki Cox?? Oy.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I let out a whoop of joy when I read that comment. Jennifer Aniston is someone I just don't *get* at all. She was terrific as Rachel Greene...but that's the only role she'll ever excel at. Her movie career has never happened, she's a whiner and a tabloid hypocrite.

And she isn't beautiful, she's cute. And that's all she'll ever be.

Not to say that I agree with Joan that there aren't other beautiful actresses. I have many on my list, but Aniston has never been one of them.

• Members

I do think it's unfortunate when black women and actresses get plastic surgery and bleach their skin.

Regarding some other black actresses, I think that Paula Patton is very pretty. And I think that Rachel True has aged well, she looks pretty good for a woman in her 40's. Especially since she was playing like a 20 something on Half and Half a few years ago. I think that Vanessa Williams has aged fine.

Here are some pictures of some famous black women and their mothers/daughters.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_u3lFqBksmrE/Sf24Q4knLhI/AAAAAAAAT5g/E3a4EtHSnd4/s400/Vanessa_Williams_and_daughters_Jillian_Hervey_L_and_Melanie_Hervey_R_pose_at_a_screening_of_Filth_and_Wisdom_full.jpg&imgrefurl=http://lindaikeji.blogspot.com/2009/05/adaeze-igwe-and-mum-stylish-mums-and.html&usg=__GuTu4cji4ardTjKlPHmeix_pklc=&h=266&w=400&sz=30&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=afnfTEB-9C4D5M:&tbnh=82&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvanessa%2Bwilliams%2Bdaughters%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1R2ACAW_enUS352%26tbs%3Disch:1

I think that Vanessa Williams has some nice looking daughters. Her whole family is pretty. I think that Rachel True's mom, Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon's mom and Taraji P. Henson mom look nice for their ages. I also think that Essence Atkin's mom is a nice looking lady.

Granted, I don't know who did and didn't get plastic surgery,but I think these are nice looking women. But I think that at least some of them, including the moms haven't really done anything like that.Or done much of it. But have still aged well.

• Members

While I'm fine with tastefully done plastic surgery--and it's hard to say that the likes of Halle Berry got a bad job--I do think it's a really dangerous precedent that's been set, and one that should be broken (and this is easy for ME to say, I realize--harder for others to do). The majority of people I know are surprised to find out many of these black actresses (and some actors) have had nose jobs, etc, and think it's natural, and it sets a fake beauty ideal for black (and non black) kids, teens and adults who look up to them.

• Members

This is true. I wouldn't get plastic surgery, (unless I had a serious physical problem that required it), but some people have gotten it and don't look bad with it. Unfortunately too many people go too far with it, and I do think that the pressure in Hollywood contributes greatly to that.

Archived