Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 18, 2010

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looks like Nina/Paul are getting the same off-screen romance development that Paul/Nikki got, I'm not surprised though.

I don't understand doing that story without Cricket either, and it doesn't seem like Lauralee will return anytime soon.

Like Neil/Ashley, Paul/Nina only have friendship chemistry, and these character are only paired together because they have no idea what to do with them.

• Members

You mean "less than 6 weeks", right?

Oh, it is appalling!

BUT, they initially set this in motion to plug another LML hole (Kay's real kid) and to replace TGVN. They rushed to this point, I think, to reposition him as a foe for Victor. I'm not saying that excuses it--there was actually no need to rush it. But because TGVN is seldom allowed to be "stupid", they had to have Tucker dupe the town before Victor got back. Because, if Victor had gotten back, he would have smelled bullsh!t and stopped the whole scam.

I get the sense, from Braeden's interviews, that they are just going to FORGET this Colleen's heart stuff. I don't think we'll ever hear that Victor had a heart transplant again. He's back, strong, all all that other stuff is forgotten.

Of course I'm not defending this. But that is how I see it go down.

Victor, conveniently, is NOT an idiot, because he wasn't there when Tucker did his duping.

NASH was delightful today. I liked Neil's tentativeness, and Ashley's non-verbal acknowledgement. And you're right...I'm hoping SN will be allowed to be a bona fide foe for TGVN...not just someone who can be swept away.

If Rowell ever comes back (they'll probably recast Dru with the mother from Family Matters or Fresh Prince or something), I think Dru-versus-Ash could be quite interesting. Not the least of which because it was Dru who PUSHED Olivia into Brad's bed all those years ago.

I think the Olivia tie is intriguing...it's back there. Olivia could either act as a supporter, or as a jealous woman. Either way is intriguing.

As we've heard though, between Williams' busy schedule on other shows, and Y&R's inability to afford heavy recurring (budget balancing), we're unlikely to see Olivia for a long time. It makes little sense, for example, if Olivia is still in G.C. that she wouldn't react to the return of nu-not-Malcolm.

LOL. I've even been thinking how to honor the arrival of this power player. There is a specific pic I want....

ETA: LMAO, I found the pic. And bellcurve will likely rip me yet another new one for posting it, :lol:.

• Members

+1.

The problem is that it's a CHANCELLOR story.

Katherine, Jill & Neil can carry a story without Victor.

The characters didn't HAVE to be stupid to make Tucker's revenge plot work but the pacing & lazy storytelling was so horrible it totally undercut everything.

The only problem is the only men that get frontburner love stories are Victor, Jack, Nick, Adam, Billy, JT & Cane.

Neil & Paul only function as a place to park Ashley & Nina for the time being.

That's TPTB's fault not Tonya's.

Tonya wanted to work but TPTB had no interest in her beyond Tyra propping.

Her niece is in & out of the hospital WHERE SHE IS ON STAFF yet she doesn't visit her even when she was deathly ill?

He's not the only one... :ph34r:

• Members

My take is this...if Tucker becomes very popular and I have a feeling he will be now because of Stephen (I love Stephen in case no one could tell :wub::wub: ) in the role and if we get halfway semi-decent writing for the character..I am going to just go with my instincts that Victor's role in the next 2 years or more if the show survives LOL will not be the same as we will see it now. MAB said that Tucker is going to be going in another direction..I hope that means he becomes as mean as an Egyptian cobra LOL!!! After he eats some humble pie of course. He is already getting in the mix with some key characters and I really like that!

I am happy that EB is back and the scenes between he and his "little laddies LOL" sounds ok but something was lacking in the encounter perhaps because it was so contrived. I do believe I will like the Nikki/Phyllis scenes when I watch and I too love that the writing picked up on Phyllis's feelings. Victor will apologize in his own way LOL, that's just how he is.

Neil/Ashley, I like that it is new and different..frankly I am just happy that Neil is on a bit more I don't even care if he is made to look like an a$$!! :lol:

• Members

November 2010: One stormy night Neil and Ashley's maid Gaga taunts and threatens Neil. Neil realizes that Gaga is really a deranged Dru with plastic surgery. Dru then pulls out a gun and fatally shoots Neil. Ashley walks in and Dru shoots her as well. Victor is completely devastated, and rushes to Bermuda so he can a get a quickie divorce from Sharon so he can marry Ashley on her death bed. Well Ashley miraculously survives but Dru comes back to attack again until Victor saves the day and Dru is impaled on a pitchfork. In the meantime, with Neil, Dru, and Lily all dead Devon leaves town forever.

MAB declares this story to be her masterpiece as she claims its an homage to Y&R history. Insert the same scenario above with either Olivia or Tyra in Dru's place.

• Members

Well... today was much better. At least I was able to watch it without my face turning hot. The scene with Victor's theme while he put the picture back up on the mantle was well done. Phyllis playing this seething, festering resentment of Victor is good... I WISH Braeden wasn't such a prick and would allow some Big Red retribution to play out onscreen, it would be GOLD. I'm glad theyr'e getting rid of Wiliiam Russ. He just doesn't have the screen presence. Neil/Ashley was WONDERFUL. This is something that I can really support, Kristoff was a MASTER in this scene. The chemistry was great. My only real complaint today was the scene where Neil announces the takeover to Billy, Ashley, and Jack. He made the announcement, then Jack says... "How can this happen"? Then the scene ends. Kristoff's announcement should have been the last line in that scene, and Bergman's line should have been the opening line of the NEXT scene. Someone is VERY amateurish with the dialogue structure of this show of late... and it's driving me up the fuc*ing wall!

• Members

That would be fine with me, but so many of the show's pets, like Nick and Adam, are tied to Victor.

I keep thinking about GH, when Stefan should have been a major part of that show, yet Luza squandered him and finally just violently murdered him after turning him into a psycho.

I think sometimes a man like Nichols may almost be a threat to the insecurities which seem to dominate Y&R backstage these days, and dominate GH.

• Members

Adam is not blind. He is vision impaired and has good vision at the center of fixation

Michael Muhney showed pic at

http://www.blindness.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=67

and he is not as far gone as the person on the right.

Also, Muhney tweeted that the "network" provided a "note" that told him to tone down on the blindness. So he has been playing himself as more competently sighted following his boss' instructions. I linked his tweets last week I think.

Archived