Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 18, 2010

• Members

This storyline is seemingly rewritten every 5 minutes, but if we're to go by John F Smith's original "Jill is Katherine's daughter" storyline:

-Arthur Hendricks, who was a friend of Katherine's first husband Gary, would be the father. He and Katerine had a relationship while Gary and Katerine were estranged and he was living in Europe with Brock at the time.

-Kay gave up her baby to "protect her reputation" according to what Charlotte Ramsay told John Abbott (and later Katherine herself confirmed) in 2003.

- Arthur Hendricks came back to town in 2004 and got involved with Katherine again. Then his step-son Harrison Bartlett showed up saying that Arthur had killed his mother. Katherine and Jill investigated the matter and found that allegations were made, but nothing was proven and he was never charged. Arthur eventually left town because he didn't want to live under a cloud of suspicion.

And even with all that, Smith still wrote a better paced, more intelligent, better produced, and consistent show that what came afterwards...

But who knows if any of this matters anymore, they seem to be making everything up as they go along. And everyone somehow got "paid to lie."

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But wait, Y&RWorldTurner...we've got more ahead.

The Twins? Faith(even though we know it's Sharon's baby)? Maybe Katherine will float into the middle of Cane, Lily and Mac's scenes and say, "I wanna DNA test."

God, while Amber is "out" of the apartment, can she please get hit by a car?

• Members

With the exception of Kevin being there... the scene where Tucker walks in and is confronted with the "angry mob" was wonderful. Great background music, classic camera shot. I know, I'm pitiful, but classic Y&R production style is enough many times to satiate me... even if the lighting SUCKS.

• Members

Word.

Ugh, this show is truly a lost cause.

Kevin had choice in that matter too, he was a grown ass man that didn't need to follow Gloria's orders.

I'm not surprised, this "Cane is love" agenda from this hack writing regime just won't end, even if it's at the expense of actual core/legacy characters. <_<

Archived