Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 18, 2010

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can you blame us?

I thought she'd be good for Y&R too, because she worked under Teschner at GH(IIRC) and the most important thing: She WASN'T Karen Rea, who blows chunks.

Everyone but Cane! Add Lily!

Now THAT'S a STORY! Cane and Lily running Chancellor! <_<

• Members

I don't know much about St. Cyr's previous work but the fact that Rea wanted Galen Gering as a Nick recast was enough to drop her.

It's too bad that Marine Saitta was let go under Latham but Days has fared well since Saitta was hired there--no more Charity Rahmer, Frank Mentier and god knows who else being cast.

• Members

That would mean we also have her to "blame" for Stacey Haiduk, who was a big favorite around here and some other places before the bad writing made people lose interest.

I think Russ and Haiduk, among others, are drowned in bad writing and bad direction. Some like Muhney are much more lucky, in that they replaced a controversial performer and hate characters a lot of viewers have started to hate (like Nick).

Others, like Zima, Erin, Eden, just aren't good and nothing on the show is capable of making them better.

• Members

So whatever happened to Billy changing his ways and being there for his daughter?

I hope the writers don't believe that Ashley is one of the people they believe deserves payback from Victor. Their using the airhead heiress to tell us that is sucked without Victor, cute.

It's nice to know that they included Paul in the Tucker reveal storyline.

• Members

He'll change his ways if he gets an Emmy. He swears it.

It seems like she just cast random people from AMC. I would say even they are mixed, because the show does not know how to do anything with anyone. Everyone is dragged down.

• Members

Not necessarily, the casting director only selects a few good candidates for a role, the producer's usually make the final decision. At least that's how every good producer SHOULD operate The actors first test for the casting director, and then when they get a call back (could be one or more times) they test with the EP or a producer on the show.

And I know the girl that plays Eden said she had to read in front of Maria before she got the part.

So, Maria and is just as responsible for these bad casting decisions as Camille is.

Archived