Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 18, 2010

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There you go!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But actually... today's final scene was the best in WEEKS. Beau and Jeanne play one of the best Mother/Son dynamics in, dare I say it... daytime history. for 35 years, I have never tired of watching these two. And of all soap opera characters created, Brock is indeed, the PERFECT man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-KDNRrXy6E&feature=PlayList&p=7DAC7AB171791905&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5

The writers are grasping at straws, looking for places to put Kevin. His time has come and gone. I think the show really needs to move on from him. Amber was a person who belonged there, and Amber is perfectly affable in Kay's orbit... where she doesn't seem so whiny and self-centered. And Frantz looked PRETTY today. Nice hair, and look how much BETTER she looked when she puts away the whore red lipstick and tones down her eye shadow. Her face is EASILY overwhelmed by makeup, and with her, less is DEFINITELY more, and as long as she dials it back on the war paint, Frantz is a perfectly lovely girl.

• Administrator

Damn Smith for opening this can of worms.

LOL I've always wanted SuBe or Passions to spoof Maury's "You are NOT the father." But instead they both did Springer spoofs.

I'm so sick of DNA tests on this show.

Tell me about it! I hated Kevin being there too.

• Members

Well in all fairness, Kay would be dead if it wasn't for Kevin. The reason he was kidnapped was because he believed that Marge really was Kay and went to the motel to save her. Amber also has a special relationship with Katherine. The main reason for this I believe is that Jeanne Cooper loves Adrienne Frantz as well as Greg Rikkhart and so they are making them surrogate relatives to Katherine just like most of the people in that room. The only ones truly related to Kay is Mac and Brock.

I don't know why Kay even needed this gathering. I understood Neil, Michael, Nikki, Victor and Paul being there because they could help her legally or were involved in the manipulation, but to have everyone show up for support seems a bit much. She knows she is the Queen of Genoa City so her subjects need to leave her alone so she can figure out a way to get her company back.

• Members

MAB must love Kevin. He also was everywhere when Colleen died from her dream, then the hospital and finally her funeral while Lauren never attended her funeral but only was heard offscreen calling Tracy from and sending money to Colleen's favorite charity. Kevin also gets invited to all the family events.

• Members

Besides Fen's birth Michael/Lauren haven't had ONE story where Kevin isn't prominent.

Now that TPTB have made them Eden's babysitters Kevin's useless ass has to be shoehorned somewhere else so the serial rapist runs the local TEEN hangout while judging everyone.

SO. MUCH. HATE.

• Members

That house is being overstuffed with people that don't need to be there because MAB loves all things Chancellor. I don't know why anyone needed to be there to gather when most of them are living there with her. It is overkill. Kay knows they support her. I don't see a need for an impromptu party to show her this.

• Members

Hey I agree and it sucks but until MAB is out the best I can hope for is that she doesn't kill off Lauren and I get to see them on screen once in awhile. LML used them to prop Gloria and MAB uses them to prop Kevin amongst others. CLB and TEB are being completely wasted and have been since she took over. They didn't even have a story last year and in the two years MAB has been in control, the only story either had was Michael's father at the end of 2008 which ended up being more of a Gloria vehicle. last year was all about propping Kevin when they actually were on screen.

MAB likes Kevin and does not like Michael and Lauren so I doubt anything is going to change. Who knows, maybe her goal is to eliminate Michael and Lauren and make Kevin a part of the Chancellor family. Wouldn't shock me.

Archived