Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 18, 2010

• Members

It seems pretty clear Daisy is poisoning Lauren. I bet the next move will be a sob story about her not being able to stay in the dorms and offerring to be an au pair so that she can move in with Lauren and Michael and stay in Eden's room. They still will be dragging this story out though for quite awhile. Sheila just seems too obvious.

Someone on another site suggested a good story might be River being the one to send Eden the letter from her mother's aunt so that he can contact and manipulate Eden as she will be coming into alot of money soon. How else would this stranger know where to find Eden? Unless it is this mysterious mother who is pulling the strings.

I enjoy Katherine, but it is just getting to be like she is this perfect person and MAB has literally made her the Queen of Genoa City. I agree that family is who you choose to be close to, not always biology, but Kay was never perfect. Tucker is a jerk for stealing her company, but Katherine was a piece of work when she gave up her child for adoption. She was apparently drunk and cheated on her husband and then had to get rid of the evidence by putting the baby up for adoption and didn't even care enough to know if it was a boy or girl.

I loved a scene she did years ago with Tracey Bregman when she was picking up on Lauren's frustration when Fen was a newborn. She was honest when she said she was a bad mother and resented Brock because she really did not want to be a mother and explained that was one of the reasons she gave up her child. I liked that Kay was not perfect and could be vindictive and stubborn much better than this sainted person. JMO though.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Until he breaks the law & uses Tom as an excuse.

Again.

That isn't a point that has to be made ESPECIALLY when it comes at the expense of the family Katherine already HAS.

None of the parasites were needed to prove that people loved Katherine & if TPTB HAD to make the non blood family point there were PLENTY of people that should be there instead of Amber & Kevin.

Victor, Nikki, Neil, Jack, Ashley, Nick, Victoria, JT, Sharon & Paul which is IN ADDITION TO Katherine's family.

It really has.

Katherine's been a matriarch for decades.

It's just an excuse for TPTB to use Jeanne & Katherine to prop agenda driven newbies.

Pretty much.

Not at the expense of ACTUAL legacy characters.

When a soap is propping characters from other soaps while ruining or ignoring its own there's a problem.

Besides Jeanne, Jess & Tricia there is no heart.

The Chancellors are as hollow as every other family.

If you were a new viewer you wouldn't know they were related until the next sweeps paced stunt CHLOE GIVES BIRTH, PHILLIP IS ALIVE, KATHERINE HAS A STROKE, CHANCE IS STABBED, has them gathering at the hospital.

She isn't.

Jeanne might like certain younger actors but using her as a prop for agenda driven newbies who can't act has considerably weakened the character & the show.

• Members

Yes, I hate this sainted version of Katherine that this writing regime writes. It seems like its constantly done just to degrade Jill in some way or to make Jill look like a big villain to Katherine's angel.

Katherine could play as dirty as anyone, and is not a perfect person or role model.

But then again, this writing team doesn't seem to understand most, and probably all of these characters.

• Members

Exactly. I don't see Amber and Kevin as the next generation of this show. Kevin, if he ever brought anything to the show, was permanently ruined with that chipmunk nonsense. Amber is dried up, she has a long and confusing history at B&B which is often ignored on Y&R to make her into the world's oldest teenager. When her history is brought up on Y&R, it results in sick, muddled trash, like the Deacon story.

The show's newbies are dead-eyed dolts like Ryder, Daisy, and Eden.

Then there's Chance, who barely has time to spend with Katherine, because he's too busy propping Chloe and being emasculated to make Billy look better.

I think the use of Katherine is highly cynical, and makes her look like a fool, like Doris Duke's dumber sister. Once upon a time, Katherine fought tooth and nail over Nina becoming a part of the family. Now she happily accepts the likes of Kevin?

• Members

I don't care about the story, but what is up with the hair?! We expect certain things from Sharon and Lauren, but that goddess otherwise known as Heather Stevens? Vail Bloom? She had such beautifulhair and now she has this bizarre color that isn't doing her any favors. Nikki looks like an 80 year old trailer park snob now. I don't care about the color, at least my mom won't ask me why it's yellow anymore, but does it have to be such an ugly cut and style? She needs a hair intervention FAST! I don't wanna see Nikki looking like that. She still is in good shape and looks foine, but they style her so bad she looks like a monster.

• Members

Unfortunately the show sees them as the next generation. It wouldn't suprise me if they think of Kevin as a legacy character and being a part of a core family. We may want them gone, but they may be here to the bitter end.

I like Vail's new hair color. Very, very few people on this show have good hair.

• Members

I don't think we are supposed to see Amber as particularly young though. Today was just one of many times her "bio clock" has been mentioned. That would seem to make her at least 30, but I agree the writing for her is muddled, but that's true for Daniel as well.

• Members

Up to this story, she seemed to be in a very young bracket. Everything about her seems immature. Even now, Little D has had his age dialed back to make him 7 or 8, when he's actually closer to 13. I don't really know what age they want her to be. Judging by Ashley's pregnancy (which would have been healthy if not for Adam), and Emily's proclamation that she can now start having children, apparently the only women who are not likely to be fertile are Jill, Gloria, and Katherine.

• Members

I see what you're saying, but I think it just shows how idiotic their decisions are. Someone like Kevin should not take precedence over characters like Chance. Just as Adam never should have been made into some sort of a monster. I think they believe legacy is whatever makes them feel good at the moment.

They can swap places with Jack and Danielle on OLTL...

• Members

:lol: :lol: Yeah, that is ridiculous, but I remember Amber's "clock" being mentioned before this story. I can't remember if it was with Cane or Daniel, but even then I thought it was odd considering Ashley can still pop them out.

Personally, if things were at all realistic, I would say Emily should definitely be hearing the "ticking" and Amber probably has a couple of years before she really has to worry, but Y&R is heading into B&B territory when it comes to fertility issues.

Archived