Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 18, 2010

• Members

Normally I like Nikki, but today she pissed me off. Telling Ashley she treated Victor horribly while his heart was in shreads like he's an innocent victim. After Victor refused to let her brothers take her to their home when she was having a mental breakdown, she owes him nothing. Ashley needed to remind her that the only reason the old fart is alive is because of her niece, so show some graditude to her family. Ashley needed to slap her so hard the caca fell out of her hair.

I won't be rooting for Nikki and Victor to kick ass and get vengence on those who wronged them anytime soon.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Preview:

"You slept your way into this how, and now you've slept your way out!"

I've been waiting for that. If one of the reasons for this Tuckere thing is to drive a wedge between Jill and Kay, I say "bring it on". Hopefully Brock will stick around recurring (once a month or so) to mediate.

Others here didn't like Nikki-Ashley, but I'm just LOVING Ash more than I ever have. She looked so sexy in that trim, tailored grey suit, and I liked the interrupted near-kiss with Neil. And I love that Ashley RELISHES the battle with Victor (she smiles every time she talks about!). She didn't smile as much at Nikki, but it was still fun as hell to hear the two of 'em going at it.

I like that Nikki is getting called on arrogance and a sense of entitlement. And I love that Nikki owns that! Nose in the air, she DOES think she's won and entitled to win.

I love Ashley mocking Nikki's squeaky voice when she begged Ash to "rescue" Victor in Paris.

I was hoping TGVN and Jack would form an alliance to bring down Tucker. Once Tucker is played by someone more substantial (SN! 2 more US air shows to go!) I think this could be an invigorating clash of the titans.

I'm liking seeing JT as a single dad (let's not deny that just makes him sexier), and I like that he's constantly around Mac. I think something is brewing there, and those two don't even know it. I like Brock as the voice of reason for Mac.

Lily irritated the hell out of me. She was SMILING and "lilting" as she talked about "sad...things" that happened. Really? Yuck. And I'm not warming to Malcolm...but I think I had a horrible realization today.

His "fiancee" (which is a terrible thing...why not bring him on single and let him play a romance?)...I'm guessing she's TYRA. I'm just feeling that.

Eden is incredibly stupid. Once she and the aunt realized they'd been set up...why didn't they turn right around???? I'm hoping this moves the reveal of Daisy's motives/mother closer to the fore. They're stretching this out more than chewing gum on hot pavement.

The one who disappointed me today was Victor--because he was so predictable. I (and probably most of us) predicted the first showdown with Tucker to be exactly as it was. I (and probably most of us) predicted him allying with Jack. Oh well, as long as he is an ornery bastard, I think he'll serve the necessary "catalyst" function on the show.

LMAO at Tucker, post-coitally, in a robe. I'm guessing SN won't be wearing a robe in his bed scenes.

• Members

Wasn't there already a wedge between them for much of 2009? If it's just more of Saint Katherine and her followers being outraged at Jill for her shameful ways, is it that interesting?

If she is someone needs to get the stake and the holy water.

• Members

Eric Braeden's reward for his lovely behavior regarding his contract...the hottest hot since Sabrina/Victor.

Victor: Yougotthat?

Tyra: How rude!

Given Bradley's Forrester family interrelations I think they'd snap her up at B&B.

• Members

You all!...:lol:

But seriously....the "fiancee" was such a weird, random surprise, don't you think? It makes no sense unless it is someone we know. Yolanda or Tyra are really the only ones who make sense. Or maybe Karen...but I'm thinking Nia Peeples burned her bridges.

Archived