Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 18, 2010

• Members

Not only is it bad enough that all three DNA tests came in the same envelope, the fact that it wasn't even a sealed envelope makes it totally ridiculous. After so many stupid DNA tests involving Katherine, they really set this one up like it too has been tampered with.

Personally I love Vail's new hair colour, much more than the blond but she's got such gorgeous full curly hair, it is hard to ruin it. Too bad Melody wouldn't also borrow the color. I much prefer the dark hair on her to the cheap bleach bottle blond, but the colour is so dull it looks lifeless. I think a darker blond or medium brown would look really good. In the last episode it looked to me like Melody's jowls were less noticeable which was great since they really aged her more than any hair colour could.

Are they stealing one of Sheila's first B&B stories and having Daisy poison Lauren with mercury? This team is completely lacking originality.

Just a minor beef but shouldn't Victor's dog be bigger? Puppy dogs grow fast and that dog hasn't grown one bit.

As for Amber's biological clock, she should have slapped Daniel. At thirty your biological clock is not ticking the same way it is after 36. Has she not told him that she should not be having children period since she only has one Kidney? Maybe Mac can be their surrogate too when she's done pumping out Lily's miracle babies.

Thad is the first person who really works well opposite Clementine. I find their chemistry to be real and could lead to a better coupling than their current love interests.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You were in my brain!

Yup, the delivery of the tests was a mockery. It was SO sloppy you're right--I'm wondering if it was a ploy to set up an "escape" from this story in the future.

Nikki in that grey jersey-knit dress was a thing of horror. Truly, those are purchaseable at Wal*mart. And Vail's hair color is amazingly beautiful. It took an attractive lady and made her BETTER.

Or Sheila poisoning Lauren with a necklace.

Here's my hope: In every way they are trying to make us BELIEVE that Sheila is back and using Daisy to poison Lauren. That all seems too obvious. Thus, I hope they "pull away the tablecloth" and surprise us with a whole different reveal (yes, I even have some ideas...but I won't share my "spec script" to avoid further castigation :lol:)

You're right. It has only been 6-8 weeks but still... I think they wanted a little more "puppy time" on screen, and honestly, I'm good with that. I LOVE that puppy.

Oh that f*cking Daniel. I hate him! When he sneered about her "bio-clock" I didn't want her to slap him...I wanted her to kill him.

I'm starting to feel about Daniel the way DeeeDee feels about Cane...or everyone feels about Lily. Which is why my dream is still that Lily and Daniel rediscover one another, and move to Paris together.

Totally! I want this romance/friendship in place -- and solid -- LONG before Victoria gets home. I want this baby/these babies to remind JT and Mac of the child they shared...what could have been.

It frustrates me (with Thad) that Y&R (just like with Doug Davidson and tons of others we could mention) doesn't realize what it has.

• Members

You got me all wrong. I don't dislike Lily. I just hate CK protrayal of Lily.

If their is a soap god that would make this happen for Mac & JT. I'm hoping that Mac loses Lame twins. instead of her going to Cane to create a lie. She goes to JT to recreate what they loss. This way Cane doesn't have any ties to GC. when the cattle mafia comes to take him away. Nobody would be hurt but bratty Lily & her fast self. I'm sure she'll get over Cane. Their many more guys she didn't sleep with yet. Ryder, Chance, Noah, & maybe she'll go older Nick.

• Members

Hahahahaha to your first comment...I have ideas too and I am not sharing!! :lol: Have ideas about Tucker too and I am not sharing(and oh, Stephen starts on Wednesday :wub: ). They are a couple other things going on with this show that are just "smoke and mirrors" and I don't like when writers try to play with my head!! And especially plot-driven s/ls!! :angry::lol:

I may indeed end my self-imposed abstinence of watching the show starting tomorrow LOL!!

• Members

There isn't much point in a "gotcha" over who is doing this to Lauren because they haven't given viewers a reason to care about the main players. They have made Daisy and Ryder the centerpiece, and done their best to prop dead-eyed Ryder, probably hoping we will see him as some sort of conflicted antihero, or whatever. It all seems very forced to me, and the use of the veterans is on the fringes, or paints them as fools.

I think they should have just done it where someone like Jana was forced into gaslighting Lauren.

• Members

Well, maybe Ryder will end up saving the day? There's no saying Jana ISN'T behind this.

The thing that makes it constantly lead to Sheila is that Amber/Daniel and Lauren/Michael seem to be the targets....from Terroni on forward.

But I keep thinking that is _just_ too obvious, like it was when they tried to make us think that "Mary Jane" was really "Mari Jo".

• Members

I think Ryder probably will end up saving the day, I just don't think he's worth all this time, especially since he repeats the same one or two scenes over and over, with one of the worst actresses on the show.

When Sheffer was at ATWT he had a story where I think both Barbara and Rosanna were forced to gaslight Emily. There was more tension because we knew these characters were trapped into this business. Just having it be two new characters, who have little of value to offer, makes it more of a waste of time. Forcing an established character to be part of a gaslighting scheme would have more dramatic impact.

• Members

I just tuned in for the first week in months and Y&R is finally getting as bad as World Turns was last year. Nothing is logical, lazy writing, odd pace where you feel like you missed a scene, bad storytelling, ect. I am offended by Kay's reaction to her missing son. She, herself, stated that she should have gone looking for the kid after Brock's father died. I have no pity for her. She hasn't even said, 'hey, sorry for dumping you...welcome back.' I'm glad he stole her company: talk about a kid acting out to get his mother's attention. I'd love to see her go to Tucker and tell him to keep the stake as his birth right. Brock was great, Tucker was so soft, and Kay was a mean old bitch.

Y&R has always been considered the best soap on TV. Well, it is a sad day when a cancelled World Turns is a more solid program. Sheffer's murder stories are all the show has left. At the very least, they make you want to tune back in. As for everything else--boring!

What have they done to Nikki. I feel like she is window dressing, a supporting character who makes visits at Christmas on a par with Tracy. She only has one line: "Victor is god!" As for Ashley, she is a great actress but the story is flat. I don't really buy her being a headcase since she is strong enough to fight for the ranch, make a play for Neil, and kick ass at Jabot. Also, Neil is a bad match for Ashley. I was hoping she'd end up in bed with Adam.

I like Billy but the reporter thing is cheezy and a rip off from Sheffer's time at World Turns. Who in the world would care about Genoa City? I do hope he goes for Heather.

As an afterthought: what the f**k has happened to Nikki? She looks like a 60 year old yet is the same age as Ash? Has she been sick? The hair color is BAD but her face looks bloated. Over the past few years, sge reminded me of an aging Southern Belle and that worked considering her character. The way a character looks matters in the sense that a major cosmetic change is almost like a recast. When a fan thinks of Nikki, they think big blond hair. I almost feel like I'm watching an imposter. The fact that her motives have changed doesn't help the situation.

Y&R is a bust! Time to bring back LML to restore order. At the least her show didn't look cheap and feel Goutman produced.

• Members

Ouch...but so true!

If Brad were writing this show, the wife-to-be would be a Lilly clone. They would use the green screen or whatever and have the actress play both characters. On B&B, it's natural to fall for a daughter's twin. Brad Bell would turn this into epic love.

Considering what goes on with B&B, you've got to wonder what playtime meant for brad and Cricket. The Bell/Phillips clan must have been pretty twisted, think about the storylines daddy Bell wrote for his daughter: Cricket gets raped; Cricket almost marries her bro; Cricket's mother has AIDS.

"The family that plays together stays together"--Bill Bell

• Members

I like NuMalcom but wish actor had been cast as a new character...this isn't Malcom! As for the wife-to-be...it's a MAN. I'm guessing the big secret will be that Malcom is gay/bi and that is why he has been running for years. With this new actor, TPTB can do anything they want. I remember Ma Bell saying that gays were on the way. Has Malcom said the word woman? If it does end up being a woman bet that she will act just like Dru. This will drive Neil crazy with lust, thrill Lilly, and generally be annoyingly lazy writing.

Archived