GH: January 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

However it was written, we saw the show ourselves. Lulu was factually correct in everything she said to Liz, so this Nik thing cannot possibly be out of character. I thought that story transformed Liz from a likable character (who had a job and wasn't just a Sonny worshiping waste of time like Carly or Alexis, popping out Corinthos spawn willy nilly) and then they transformed her into a treacherous manipulator who was cruel to Lucky in ways Helena never was. The show can have the characters say insane things, but we still know what we saw, no?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if the show views it that way. They can easily tell us what we saw was irrelevant.

I have been put off by Liz's behavior for years now, and something about Becky Herbst as an actress is somewhat cold and distancing, but I don't think they've had Liz written in a negative way until JJ's return.

• Members

Exactly. Looking back over the years of Lucky, I just think they just didnt like Greg Vaughan. I mean, when JJ was on the show originally, Lucky and Liz were SUPER likeable, and everyone loved Lucky. When Jacob Young took over, the characters was OK, though some storylines were horrid (like his affair with Sarah in '02, etc.). But when Greg Vaghan came on...It was all downhill. Lucky NEVER got a storyline in which Lucky came out looking GOOD. He either came out looking like an ass, looking like a wimp, looking like a dick, or everyone just hated him. Meanwhile Liz remained a character that most people could like (though the Jason/Liz storyline was tedious after a while.

Now JJ is back, and all the sudden Elizabeth is a liar and a whore, and Nik went from being the "good Cassadine" to a less likeable version of Stefan. It's like the writers made it a point to trash Liz/Nikolas to the point of fan hatred, to make Lucky look good and be likeable, when in reality it's their own fault. I think there was resentment when JJ left, and the character of Lucky was completely written off from the list of important characters, until JJ came back. Then they forced us to sit through the desturction of two characters who only a year ago would never have been involved in this storyline.

• Members

Actually this began a series of "Club to Death" for many female characters on GH

it simply highlights the constant misogynistic writing of the Frons/Guza regime.

There was one for Elizabeth Webber, I've seen one for Carly Corinthos over the years.

I don't know if they are still on Utube because they have deleted a lot of videos

If I run across the others I'll post...

As for Elizabeth being a whore I think that is the purpose of this storyline

it certainly wasn't written to give her the sympathy card that's for Lucky

Nik is a whore too, Sonny is the biggest whore of GH, Lucky was a whore banging her sister and Maxi

in their house and in their bed however,

Frons via Guza wins he's depicted (as all soaps do)

Nearly every woman on General Hospital as a whore..!!

She's just one of them

Elizabeth's fanbase is loyal they are sticking by her during this hatchet job

no worries.

• Members

No, Liz is a very special whore in her very own class. Not only does she sleep around and lie about paternity left and right (although Ric was too smart to fall for it), but she simply never tells the truth. Lucky gave her a clear out and the bitch not only didn't take it, but she proposed to him. How heartless can you get? It's like she has purposely set out to destroy Lucky. I really want to see that smirky slut pay and if that's misogynistic, I really do not care.

• Members

The Lucky/Liz/Lucky story is a repeat of the Jason/Liz/Lucky story. The difference is that since JJ returned, the writing has shown Lucky as the victim and Liz's lies and cheating are wrong. GV's Lucky got one or two scenes to confront Liz about her affair. I can't remember if he was even allowed to raise his voice to Jason. JJ's Lucky will be ranting and railing at her and Nikolas for months.

• Members

I know...And it's going to drive me nuts. I mean, something about Liz and Jason together I liked. In the beginning, when they were first starting to fall in love, I was all for it. I was rooting for them, because Lucky had turned out to be such an ass. But then they dragged us through the whole "I love you...But I cant be with you cause youre dangerous...But I love you...But I cant...." storyline forr months, and then it got old.

But with Nikolas...I never started off liking them. I hated Liz/Nik through the whole thing, but I have a feeling it's going to drag out for months, because this transformed Lucky is all the sudden allowed to stick up for himself.

BEST PART OF GH THIS WEEK: Nikolas saying he was leaving and never coming back.

WORST PART OF GH THIS WEEK: Finding out he wasnt really leaving.

• Members

On some level I completely agree with you...I mean, when Lucky tried to break it off, that was when Liz needed to leave town/step back and really think about who she wanted. But for her to insist she wants to marry him, when she knows she has feelings for his brother, was really cold, and it will only hurt Lucky in the long run...

I really always like Liz, with the exception of this storyline. It's funny because for about a year I was kind of upset that she was on backburner (after the Jason thing ended), and I wanted her to get a big storyline. Now, she has one, and I have never hated a storyline more.

I hope Elizabeth gets shaken up by the whole thing...Badly. So that way, next time she is in a relationship, we wont be forced to sit through this hot mess.

• Members

I remember stating that LL2 is like LL1 in reverse. Lucky = Laura, Liz = Luke. Liz couldn't be faithful if her life depended on it. She couldn't be faithful WHEN her life depended on it. What happens if Hels returns and Nik can't protect her children? Does she turn back to Lucky again? I wish the writers would just make her go away... she can take Nik with her.

• Members

I think the writing showed Lucky to be the victim last time too. She lied to him about his son, and wore her attraction to Jason on her sleeve--even when on TV. The only real difference is that was told without Lucky's point of view really being given much weight. This story we get Liz and Lucky's point of view, with Nik left out in the cold.

Anyway, I don't mind this story because while it is a repeat, it is still more interesting than the nonsense Jason or Robin have for stories. I was really bummed to see Franco leave because without him most of these characters are flailing about in search of some story. I am fast forwarding over about 45 mins of every episode, just getting the gist of scenes and going to the next one. They didn't have anything to take over for when Franco left to give the characters reason to be on the screen. Hopefully Keifer will do something bad or Helena will show up soon. It is tough to watch characters discuss Franco now knowing he is off the show.

• Members

The Patrick/Lisa were painful yesterday. Jello shots and now Nascar to show much they have in common. They have got to be two of the most shallow characters on GH. It really drove home that Patrick has no depth as a character on his own. Another thing, how does Patrick was supposed to be a ladies man not get the hints that Lisa was giving with her comments about his life with Robin and Emma? And how come Patrick didn't defend Robin?

Anyone have a clue where this story is going? Patrick obviously loves Lisa and Robin fawning over him. He isn't responding to Lisa's advances at the moment, but that could change if Robin doesn't keep kissing his @ss. I have also heard rumors that Lisa goes boiler bunny on Patrick. I don't know.

Archived