GH: January 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Things that made me scream in frustration yesterday:

Molly: Sam's so lucky! She has a boyfriend who saves her all the time! Jason's a knight in shining armour!

Liz: Lucky rescued me. That's why I love him. You make me feel like a Woman, Nikolas. That's why I love you.

Sonny: Boo hoo! I love my kids so much. I try to do right by them. And all I keep hearing is how much I destroy their lives!

Olivia: Don't listen to those mean people, Sonny. You are a Good Father full of Admirable Qualities.

Still adore the Davis family, though.

• Members

Blah I hate Liz with a passion - have since the Jason nonsense but I have to say Nikolas in romance sucks. Every woman is the same thing. They feel all gooey and lose control because he's the best sex in the world. Plus he sucks with good girls. The character is so pathetic at romance they really need to give him something else to do. But Liz. How about you love one of them (Lucky or Nik) because they make you a better person and you want to be better when you're with them. Lucky IMO is and will always be the best person for her but she doesn't and hasn't deserved him for years. And I know why Greg is gone. Because they obviously couldn't sell this lustfest with Nikolas with gorgeous Greg still around.

Sonny - well I've been done with him for years. The character is so so so played out.

And Sam. I haven't realized until the past few months how completely useless this character is. I love Kelly Monaco but they really need to get her character out of the clutches of Jason.

• Members

Sam's sole purpose it to make Jason feel better about his violent lifestyle.

All I want is for Liz to be honest, pick one, and stick with him. Guza writes Liz as if the last 10 or so years haven't happened and that she hasn't other lovers besides Lucky. It is wacked out.

• Members

This crap with Liz and Nik is why I am no longer watching GH. And the things I read that came out of Liz's mouth yesterday only cemented my decision. Stick a fork in her. The character of Liz is dead. How does sneaking around and having sex with the brother of the father of your children make your feel adult? How does that make you feel like a woman? Liz is acting like a horny teenage girl from a bad after school special. Has for the last four years.

• Members

Since when does sex make you feel more adult than raising 2 children with the other man you supposedly love. All they have shown with Liz and Nikolas is sex. They've shown no development of any kind of relationship here. o flashbacks of their GREAT friendship primarily because it never existed as it did with Liz and Lucky or even Lucky and Emily. If they have I must have missed it. But I've never liked the character of Liz and 2 years of running after jason and now this has just cemented it.

• Members

I agree. Sonny has been played out for YEARS. I cant even remember a time when I liked him. I mean, there have been some storylines in which I liked the character of Sonny, but he is so worn down. Why does everyone think Sonny and Jason are heroes?! Sure, you can say "they always come to the rescue!!"..uhm HELLO, YOU WOULDNT NEED RESCUE IF THEY DIDNT CONSTANTLY PUT YOU IN DANGER.

Jason is becoming Sonny. For years I liked Jason, and disliked Sonny. But all the sudden I think he is no different. And the more they play him out to be the hero, the more I see him as nothing but a killer. And this Sam/Jason love triangle is about as fun as watching a turtle run a marathon. Please, they have been over since at least 06 (probably earlier).

And I agree with the part about Sam. What is her function? She makes Jason feel better about being a psycho murderer, and then she skeems to hook up her mom (creepy.), and she gets taken hostage once or twice a year so we can have a good montage of Jason running in slo-mo through a warehouse to save her from a fake bomb. Yawn.

What happened to the fun, scheming, devious Sam that came on in 03 and stirred up trouble. Now she is just in the list of mob-hoes.

• Members

Sam should never have been a long term character on GH. They rewrote so many backstories for her and ended up with that nonsense to make her Alexis's daughter. Her only purpose has ever been to handhold Jason. They should honestly have killed her character off and kept the actual legacy females they had on the show. But when I liked Sam was away from Jason and with Lucky but that's when I liked Lucky best too. Lucky and Sam were light, fun and you could tell by watching the electricvity with Kelly and Greg they loved working together. I never wanted anything super serious with them but I liked the fact that both characters got to step away from the box GH put them in and they thrived. They split them, and the lack of creativity on GH put Sam back with Jason and Lucky back in Liz's universe with another actor. Yeah all soo original. No wonder this show sucks.

• Members

IA, Sam is very wasted as an extension of Jason's life. If they want to do a story for her, they should finally explore her paternity. I fear for that though as I see Guza going the same route they did with Carly. Sam's father would most likely be some mobster who's at odds with Jason and she'll be torned between the man she loves and the father she wants to know. How boring and predictable.. I loved them making her a Cassadine but that was such a wasted oppurtunity as they failed to do anything with it. I loved her relationship with Nikolas but thats nonexistant these days

• Members

I thought making her a Cassadine was lazy and a last ditch effort to stick the character to the canvas. And it annoyed me because of the number of backstories they have given this character in an attempt to meld her into the canvas. Now I like Kelly but I think the character is a waste of space. I enjoyed Sam so so much when she played the jaded lover ala Jason. She was so much fun then and I know a lot of people hated her then. And did I miss her relationship with Nikolas. I never really saw any or much interaction there. But then I pay very little attention to his character.

• Members

Sam should have never been created. She was forced upon us at GH because Frons didn't want to loose KeMo to another network's soap and because he wanted some hot little brunette wanna be version of Brenda make us forget about him letting Vanessa Marcil walk when all she needed to stay was a lighter work schedule so she could spend time with her son.

Archived