GH: January 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Robin is a character who saves lives. Can she maintain her viability as a soap heroine if she loves/supports/defends a man who takes lives? What will keep her from being any different from Liz/Carly/Sam? Robin became a control freak with Jason, IMO. It was during the Carly/St. Jaysus/Robin triangle (non-triangle) that she started freaking out and breaking down. It was because she was so desperate to hold on to St. Jaysus that she revealed the truth about Michael's paternity. Carly wouldn't let her raise Michael with Jason and she went to AJ and told him the truth after Carly bragged that Michael and Jaysus would always be hers and that Robin couldn't do a thing about it.

What I love about the relationship with Patrick is that he called her out on her control freak/hypocritically moral behaviors and Robin became a freer person. Robin stopped obsessing on Carla and got a life. I love who she is now.

I'd love to see Robin and Patrick stay together, but I'm liking the vibe between Steven and Robin. If it becomes more than friendship, I'd love for it to be an unrequited love. He falls for her, but she and Patrick stay faithful to one another.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mean, I agree, you could say Robin became "freer", but now she is just mor boring. When she was more controlling and uptight, she had better storylines. And I loved the feud/resentment between Robin and Carly. Even when Robin first returned to the show (at the same time when LW debuted on GH), they rekindled the feud and it was great...And when Carly was pregnant at the same time as robin (though carly lost hers), and they confronted each other? It was great

But now Robin has been turned into someone who doesn't really do much. She just kind of sits there and is a good person. I mean I like that they have made her a loving and good Mom, but I don't like that she doesn't have that personality that made Robin so beloved back in the day. And you can say what you want, but Robin became that beloved character when she was involved with Stone and then Jason...Both of whom were conncted to Sonny. I dont like Sonny, and I dont like the mob or what Jason has become lately. BUT, I think if Jason and RObin got back together, it would bring out some of that Jason that MADE him a fan favorite back when Robin and him were together after the accident. Robin is better than Jason. She saves lives and she is really a good person. And she was one when she was with Jason too.

Jason/Robin together = MUCH more exciting then Robin/Patirck or Jason/Sam.

• Members

Please Franco kill Sam, PLEASE. One less worthless Jason propper on this show(and just a worthless pointless character all on her own)

Dante is making me like Lulu :o

Nope, maybe years ago Jason and Robin had some spark, but any woman who gets with Jason is ruined, and he makes me dislike Robin when she's in his orbit. Jason and Robin outgrew each other

• Members

Robin isn't a soap heroine now. It is conflict and struggle that makes a soap heroine. Robin doesn't do much of anything outside of kissing Patrick's butt.

Robin is a bore now. She does absolutely nothing interesting. Guza twisted Robin's character around so that Patrick who is an egoistical @ss could look like a hero who saved her from a spinster life. She isn't freer because she is stuck to his @ss. Look at today's show. It was all about Robin praising and talking about Patrick. She might as well as be invisible in this story.

Of course, so Robin can remain a bore. Apparently, she is the only woman who cannot be attracted to or become involved wtih another man unless she has a mental illness. What a joke.

Word! Fans love soap couples to stay the same and GH obliges them, but the show is a bore because they won't do anything different, new, or interesting.

• Members

I don't care I'd take Robin back with Jason in a heartbeat. Robin made and still makes me like Jason when they share scenes. I still see chemistry. And it's a heck of a lot more interesting that what either she or Jason are doing now.

And soap heroines on GH? Georgie was, Emily was, Laura was and look what happened to all of them. Robin IA is not one. I don't think Guza has any idea how to write her character. He hasn't since Kimberly returned. I think they had Robin and Patrick in mind when she came back and they knew over her 4 years they'd marry them off and she'd have a baby. How the stories would play out to achieve that in addition to what to do once it happened was not even considered.

• Members

I don't understand why Robin had to have a baby so quickly and why she had to marry Patrick because she was pregnant. Liz got to pop out two bastards. Why couldn't Robin? I adore Emma, but this baby and husband has tied Robin down even more. I'll take her bitching with Carly over the invisible existence that she has now.

• Members

The last time Jason and Robin were together, this was their story.

Robin (to Jason): I want you to leave the mob, but I know you're a good person.

Jason: I will try, but I can't.

Robin: That's OK. I know you're a good person.

Jason: I'm going to have to make you second or third to Carly and Michael. Sorry.

Robin: I understand. You're so wonderful. Carly is a bad person!

(Robin is visited by a handful of characters not named Jason)

Robin: Jason is a wonderful man! He's so kind and sweet and loving.

This was her only story for an entire year. The only reason this ever ended was because Kimberly left the show. And when she did, they quickly had the show's pets, like Sonny, turn against her viciously.

• Members

LOL, CarlD2. It was pretty bad, but I really would take it over what Robin is doing now. If she is going to have kiss @ss like she did with Patrick and Jason over the last couple weeks, I prefer she get more airtime while she is doing it and being with Jason will get her the airtime. Right now, her dialogue is:

Robin (to Patrick): You are the most handsome brilliant virile surgeon on the planet.

Patrick: Thank you, yes I am.

Robin: You gave me everything that I have. I would be nothing without you.

Patrick: Yes, that is true.

Robin (to everyone): Patrick is the most handsome brilliant virile surgeon on the planet.

F'ing enough already, make it stop!

• Members

I agree, the problem is NOT that couples stay together. Everyone likes to see a couple be happy and stay together, but everytime GH does this with a couple, it seems to just be boring. Once a couple gets married, they are tied down to this boring lifestyle. Once a couple gets married, its like they cant have fun, go on an adventure, have friends, or leave their house (other than to go to work or kellys) anymore...It doesn't make sense. Couples should be able to have fun and go on adventure type things, like Luke and Laura in their old days.

And, this is random, but...

Everytime Elizabeth needs a babysitter, she's like "Oh I called Gram, and she's watching them." And it's like everyday...The poor woman is like 80, and she's supposed to be runnning around after these little toddler's everyday? Someone better check GramGram's blood pressure. Lol.

• Members

Purrty much! Robin and Jason was the beginning of St. Jaysus, in my book. The writers (mis)used Robin's good girl status to try to get some of it to rub off the sainted one. It wasn't HIS fault that he was helping Carly deceive AJ about Michael... it was her fault She understood why he did it. He was wonderful. Carly was bad.

Patrick treats her like an equal, shares the same interests, and respects her mind and soul. She doesn't have to take a backseat to some woman he's 'friends' with (not yet, at least). I think it's the best relationship she's had.

• Members

They also occasionally have someone let her know how lucky she is to have a good man, since she has HIV.

I can see where she would need a better story. Given Sam's current story, or lack thereof, I'm not sure what would change that. I would say put her with Dante, especially since JMB is tanking yet another pairing. She's like the Bizarro K McC.

• Members

I don't think he treats her like an equal. I think all he does is go around the hospital being a jerk, thinking he's in charge, and making a mess out of everything because of his insanely ludicrous ego. And then, because he is such a dick, Robin's storylines are her running around town to defend patrick to all the people he pisses off on a daily basis. And the excuse is that he is pissed at his father? Lame. Patrick is an ass to everyone, and then after Robin runs around cleaning it up, he says "I love our life Robin!" and it's all okay.

I liked Patrick when he came on, and in that first storyline with Noah and Robin/Jason. But now, he is just not that likeable. Albeit, sometimes he has a funny moment, or he does something that makes him seem like the ideal partener for Robin. But what I see is that Robin is always cleaning up for him, and always doing something for HIM, but Patrick never does anything for her. When Jason was with Robin at least they had chemistry, and they were a believeable match.

Also, Robin and Steven have great chemistry. That could be a good couple, but I am worried it would take the same route as Robin/Patrick, seeing as Steven is a doctor, and it would just be same storyline, different people. However, since GH seemss to favor that, I wouldnt be surprised if we got a Robin/Steven relationship at some point.

Archived