GH: January 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

QFan finally something you and I agree on. I can't stand Jason Thompson. He plays about the most unintersting character on this show. And Jason Thompson does nothing for me. I know I have given Kimberly McCullough a lot of grief, I find her entire return since 2005 an entire waste of time based on what they've done with Robin. I don't care if she's married, has a baby, and is happy. This is a soap. I want her to do interesting stuff and soapy stuff. And the Robin I remember in my head did that. Even Cottage Hell was a heck of a lot soapier and interesting than what she's done since. People can oooh and aaahh over Scrubs, they are boring, redundant, dull, and uninteresting. Making Robin HIV positive was the kiss of death for Robin and this regime. Personally I wish they would have killed off Robin when she left last time based on what they've done for her. She's handcuffed to Patrick now and I hate it.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Elizabeth is a f-ing disgrace. As horrible as Nikolas has been, I cant beleive she threw him under the bus and let him take ALL the blame for her dirty actions. All she seems to do is lie. She continues to look like a saint in Lucky's eyes and is acting like some innocent.

• Members

You better hope not. He'll end up in some unknown place like Lucas ended up in. At least now you might see Matt a couple of times a month.

I honestly wish they'd kill off Liz. First that idiotic Jason and Liz story and now this. And Becky's smirking makes me dislike the character even more.

• Members

I wish he was, maybe then he'll get a real storyline on GH....he's totally being burned on the back-burner right now. The writers need to do something with him and quick. Jason Cooke has been on the show for over a year and I swear we only saw him like once a month in 2009...

The show seems to be taking it slow with this storyline. It seems to pop up like once a week. I think it'll heat up after the Psycho Artsy Franco leaves PC next week.....

• Members

After today, I can see Patrick doing Lisa in a fit of anger mixed with alcohol to give him courage.

Liz made me shake my head. She is a selfish lying biatch.

I liked small bits of Robin and Patrick, but they have been together long enough. I don't want Patrick to make a fool of Robin by cheating on her and her taking him back which seems inevitable because Guza won't let her go. I want her to be the one to walk away. I would like to see Robin with a new love interest. If they won't do Robin/Jason, then Steven Lars would work. I don't care if the whole rabid Scrubs fanbase has a nervous breakdown. I would probably find it entertaining.

• Members

But why would Robin walk away unless he was cheating on her. It would be out of character for Robin to just tire of someone. Patrick, being a relative blank slate by comparison, could cheat on her given his unseen womanizing past. Frankly, considering how she browbeat him for three years to become a male version of her and want whatever she wants and only what she wants, I think a pre-midlife crisis makes sense here where Patrick escapes from Robin's velvet cage.

Robin's HIV (which in hindsight was a mistake that severely limits her) sort of makes her an unrealistic love interest. With all due respect to single mothers with HIV, this is not who all the best catches in town are banging down the door to get after--especially one with such a drippy personality to boot.

• Members

We see it differently. From my perspective, Guza has turned Robin's personality completely around and trapped her in this relationship with Patrick. I still don't understand why she had to cave in and marry him because she was pregnant. This isn't the 1950s. Anyway, what is in character for Robin under Guza? She vacillates from wild fun adventurous woman to a determined controlling doctor. Whatever is needed to further the plot at that moment. She told Lisa that she got sick racing with Patrick, yet when she was dating Patrick, she had fun racing with him. Frankly, if anyone is due a pre-midlife crisis, it is Robin. I can believe that secretly she wants to escape from her tedious life. A fun adventure with her parents and a hot WSB agent would be perfect while Patrick has a hot fling and goes drinking with Lisa.

This is a soap opera where anything goes. Robin's HIV only holds her back from having another love interest if the writers decide it does. If they want to invest in another romance for her, they will.

• Members

I agree. I think that Guza totally uses the HIV as a complete cop out. He wants Robin to be boring, because he knows if he breaks up Patricak and Robin, people will call for a Robin/Jason reuinion, and he wont do it. Sam and Jason are back together (which I looked forward too, but now it's just completely boring. Talk about a snoozefest of a relationship!)....So if Patrick cheats on Robin with Lisa or whoever else, Robin will be heartbroken, and Jason will comfort her and she will run right back to Patrick, because that's what Guza has turned her into.

I am sure there are plenty of HIV positive women in this world who can date. I mean, when Robin was dating Patrick there were all these exceptions, like Robin saying "oh we have to use special protection", and they did, and they had a regular relationship, with the right precautions. But Guza seems totally unwilling to ever do that again. It's like Oh Robin already took a risk once, and she got pregnant and she's married and she's happy, so now all the sudden women who have HIV have to live in a bubble.

I think an affair on Robin's part, with Jason or Steve Webber, could finally show Robin breaking free. Finding something like she had with Stone, or even Jason. It's not that i dont like Robin and Patrick together...I just think they are written poorly, and because of that, something needs to happen there so we can see who these characters really are.

• Members

I had not considered this, but you may be right. I'll never understand why Guza did not put Jason and Robin together sooner. When I heard Robin was returning, I thought that was the reason, instead we get more Jason and Sam and Patrick shows up.

So true. Jason and Sam are so done. There is nothing interesting to see there any more.

I would like to see Robin move completely away from Patrick. I don't really want her with Steven who is another doctor who is probably a Patrick ego clone. I would prefer Robin with a new guy, someone mysterious a bit dangerous with whom she would have an adventure. Dante would have been perfect, but Lulu is busy ruining him. Even the new Cassadine if he ever shows up would be good.

I don't really have an opinion on Patrick. Guza has given him little outside of his egotistic womanizing persona and that has gotten old. However, if this is who he is then cheating on Robin causing her to leave would be in character.

GH recycles the same couples and refuses to do anything daring. Too bad.

• Members

Yeah, GH really does just keep recycling couples, and it's not fun anymore! Jason and Sam are for sure over. They were kind of nice the first time around, but now it has been years and in all that time, all the chemistry that they had is gone. When I first heard in 2005 that Robin was returning to save Jason, I thought that it could be somewhat of a love triabgle with Jason/Sam/Robin. Like New love VS. Old Love, but it didn't happen. I don't think Guza wants them to be together, because Robin isn't one of the "mob heroines" that he has made ot of Carly, Olivia, Sam and to some extent even Lulu. Robin will remain to be a boring character, despite any potential she has...Because she clearly isnt one of Guza's "pets" like Sonny, Jason, Sam, and Carly are. Maybe, if we one day get a new writer, we could see some NEW couples.

Also, I agree. Robin with a new bad boy could be fun. Dante would have been OK (though I am not a huge fan of him...Something abtout the actor just doesnt fit the role of Sonny and Liv's kid to me). And the Valentine person could be fun...But when WILL he show up? What ever happened to that?

Archived