GH: January 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think that Patrick and Robin take turns being out on the edge, but what works (for me) is that they keep reeling each other back in. Robin started early in their relationship by always telling Patrick what was wrong with him and what he needed to do to be a better person. Then Patrick had his issues with his father. Then came her PPD. Now it's Patrick and his anxiety, again, but overall, I see balance in their relationship.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they stopped being believable as soon as she stayed with Jason in spite of his not leaving the mob and she went along with his AJ lies. I thought their whole 1998-1999 relationship was hard to believe, and I thought Kimberly seemed very uncomfortable with the whole thing.

I do wonder if they have any plans for Steven. I can't see him being much more than a talk-to.

• Members

LOL! How could I forgotten their other favorite line of dialogue for Robin.

I'd take Dante for Robin. Goodness knows, he needs rescuing from chem-less JMB. You know things are bad there when Guza has to make up obstacles to keep them apart.

I agree. Robin definitely carries the burden in their horrific stories, probably because she is the woman and the only one with any connection to the wider canvas. The only time I thought Patrick did anything for Robin was during the PPD, but even then he bitched the whole time. Everything he complained about having to take care of Emma and that he gave up a lot for their marriage, I wanted to slap the hell out of him.

• Members

ITA. It was pretty bad the second time around. I won't deny that.

Guza talks as if he does, but I find it hard to believe. Steven is recurring on the hospital side of the show. I don't see what much he can do other than support Liz. The only other option is that he gets involved with Robin, but if today is any indication, he will be nothing, but a comforter and friend. Guza likely cannot even conceive of Robin having another relationship other man while Patrick is still around.

• Members

I think so too, Carl. I think poor KM was caught up in that transition period. She started when GH was in the age of the super spy-good guy, and then ends up watching Robin become an appeasing mob moll. Poor kid. It had to be tough as an actress to watch the transformation. She was so young. Remember this:

All those years as the daughter of two of the show's lead heroes. I think the mob storyline nearly ruined Robin. The only time I liked Robin and Jason is when she broke down during the Nurses Ball and he carried her off the stage. Outside of that, it made me ill to see her with him and to want to help him raise AJ's child.

It made sense with Jason and Carly (btw, I thought their chemistry was off the charts). It never made sense for Robin to do it. KM seemed more childlike even still with SB's Jason after SB was introduced). It made no sense for Robin to want to help him and to only warn AJ when it was clear she wasn't going to be able to have Jason without Carly.

• Members

I wondered the same thing. I almost wondered if maybe they brought him back as a test. Like to see if he was popular, and if he is, then they might bring back other Webber's, such as Sarah, Heather and maybe even Jeff. Maybe Rick too (though that would be hard one to write, but in turn could lure Laura back. I dont think Sarah and Steven have had any scenes together, ever. I mean steven left (originally) in 1979. Sarah didnt appear until 98. She came back in 02, and the last steven didnt come till 04. So that could be intriguing. And then we could have Liz dealing with hr FAMILY instead of a sloppy romance that she will F up royally.

• Members

That was the final straw to me. Any moron could have figured out what was going on, but instead of supporting her he was a total jerk, and tried to make her look bad. He complained about everything, and wasnt good to her...But then it was all turned around on Robin and her saying "Oh, I had Post Partum so Patrick was just stressed." thats BS. That was when she needed to say HASTA LAVISTa PATRICK! and she didnt

• Members

I don't think they'll ever write a story about Liz's family. Guza only cares about mob and violence. If Sarah did return, it would probably be so Lucky could give her a good pounding.

Steve Burton and Scott Reeves are friends. Once Scott returned to acting, he might have asked Steve to help him get a job. And Scott is handsome and a capable actor, so he's good in a talk to role, with the possibility of more. I'm not sure if they will do more with him or not. I can see them having him put in the role of the guy who makes Patrick jealous.

• Members

Sadly, I think you may be correct about Liz's family...I would like to see it though. I liked Heather's last return. Sarah's return was OK, but it was never played out. She just disappeared...SO I would like to see Sarah return, but only if the ORIGINAL actress is coming back (Jennifer Sky). Also, Jeff/Liz/Sarah have never been in a scene together, so a return could be juicy. And obviously Steven would be involved in the middle of whatever those family drama was. BTW, Who is Liz's and Sarah's mother? Do we even know? I know it's not heather...but who IS it?

And I think you're right...Steven may just be the "talk to guy"...But if he is, what use will there be for Matt? Cause that's all he is. And if Steven is the man that makes Patrick jealous, all it will be is the same thing PATRICK was in 2007 when Lucky was jealous of Patrick. So if they are going for THAT angle, PLEASE let Robin and Steven do it, so that we can get a true-soap storyline out of it.

• Members

But so far the man that Patrick is "jealous" of in this story is Jason so Steven isn't even getting that honor. Until Robin's conversations with Steven are about someone other than Patrick, I've got to think that Steven's purpose is to comfort Liz and oppose Patrick at the hospital as Guza said.

• Members

Thanks!

Hmm. Well that could be a good storyline, I suppose. If she were to ever come on the show. I doubt it will happen, but I would rather have Elizabeth's family return, and have some good family conflicts, then watch Liz screw up yeat another relationship.

• Members

It's the one time the writers actually had physicians stick to their medical specializations. Robin and Patrick are neurologists, neither of them figured out that Robin had PPD. Sticking her kid in a tree in the dead of winter and walking away didn't help Robin gain any new insights into how odd her behavior had become. She didn't recognize it when it was a mild case, and then couldn't realize it when it severe. No one around Robin diagnosed her, either (if I remember). Carly was the person who caught on and showed Robin compassion.

Patrick found Robin in a strange hotel with a strange man. He still wanted more than anything to save his marriage. That's the most support she's received from a relationship in her life - at least from someone she wasn't related to. Usually, she's holding someone else's hand and helping them feel better or being dumped for being imperfect and not following 'the rules'.

Archived