GH: January 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show sucks mob balls to me right now. I can't wait until Franco is gone so that he'll stop hogging up airtime, and then maybe these flailing story lines will heat up. unLucky needs to find out about Liz and Beefy Nik's secret romance; Sonny needs to find out that Dante is he and Bensonhurst Liv's son! Everything is just dragging, and the show has become so repetitive and laggy! Here's to a better year, I hope Guza is axed this year :blush:

• Members

Well I tried to watch the Carly getting taken by Franco and all that and I don't know why I can't get back into this show maybe because characters I use to adore has been written so poorly...I liked Dante/Sonny scenes...I haven't seen the Nik/Elizabeth/Lucky storyline because its been so poorly written...I like Steven Lars and Elizabeth scenes (Becky/Scott) have awesome chemistry/screen presence too bad he's her brother. Looking forward to Kiefer being found out and how this Lisa thing plays out with Robin/Patrick but that's about it.

• Members

Which is why I am always perplexed with the excitement over GH. Maybe it's like any other show. Any time a new storyline starts people seem to get psyched up thinking somehow Guza's writing is going to magically change and make it a great story. The thing Guza does well are events. That's it. All the filler in between is done so poorly people can't wait for the next event to occur.

• Members

I <3 James Franco, too. I <3 him in Freaks & Geeks and the biopic where he played James Dean and Milk and Pineapple Express. But this? This, as AllmyDaysatGH says, sucks mob balls. It sucks giant donkey ding-dongs. Bringing JF on for only 2-3 days of filming was a big mistake. There is clearly not enough material to go around. They have been stretching this puppy out for-EVAH. Just how many scenes did JF film anyway? A thousand? A thousand scenes of repetition? That's what it feels like because he is on my TV every day flashing his [!@#$%^&*]-eating grin. Franco is a good actor (Monday, I wondered whether his line about "Get me off of this movie!" was an ad-lib) but absolutely not on this show.

Thank goodness for Dominic Zamprogna and, yes, I said it, Jonathan Jackson who are carrying this whole mess. Their scenes are the only ones I am vaguely invested in. I thik it is clear, now more than ever, that Maurice and Steve Burton need to be retired because Zamps, Jackson, Drew Garrett and others are capable of carrying on the mantle of resident sorta-hottie and hero. Jason and Sonny have not been heroes in a LONG time and they certainly haven't been hotties in about the same timespan.

Speaking of others past their sell-by date, is Jill Farren Phelps slipping steroids into Laura Wright's latte? When Franco had Carly all tied up, all I could think was how manly her face looked. I am not a LW fan but I never thought she looked like a guy in drag before -- ever. Yet on Monday, it looked like she had been lifting weights because her neck seemed to meld with her jaw. And it might be my TV screen but -- was there a hint of fuzz on her upper lip?! Damn. I know Carly hates other women, but she's still a chick, Guza! No matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

• Members

O.M.G.... Jason holds a gun on a patient in the hospital and Robin stops stalkerNurse from calling the police because she can handle it? StalkerNurse thinks Patrick should be impressed that Robin DID handle it? The writers are living in a backwards universe.

• Members

What does everyone think of this recast Lisa? I don't like her! She's boring, doesn't have any chemistry with Patrick...Why did GH recast again? For Storyline purposes? I just don't see it....and I thought I wanted Lisa with Matt Hunter, not this Actress!

so not liking this recast...

• Members

She's no better than the last one. She's boring, the story seems stupid. Unless your in love in Sonny and Jason's world or your name is Jonathan Jackson, forget getting anything like writing. People love to blame so much of the nonsense on GH on the actors. I think she's fine so was the last one it's the story and lack of character development. She'll probably get axed too.

• Members

So I was kind of excited when I saw the commercials of the Carly and Sam kidnappings, cause I thought MAYBE Franco was going to finally get a storyline of some sort. But he didnt. In ONE EPISODE, Jason manages to come to the rescue for Carly.

If Jason KNEW Franco has Sam, then why the HELL didnt he LOOK FOR HER when he was IN francos apartment!? Thats where her glass box is, right?

I cant wait for bye bye Franco. Hopefully this February brings a good sweeps that shows Jason and Sonny dead, Sam missing, Carly and Jax splitting up, Carly going back to causing trouble, Michael disappearing (just temporarily so this role can be recast from the horror that is Michael now.), hmm...Patrick sleeps with Lisa, Robin leaves him and has a one nighter turned relationship with Steven Lars Webber, Nadine roles back into town when her sister wakes from a coma, as she tries to keep her from causing trouble. Maxie gets drunk, and sleeps with Matt Hunter, meanwhile Spinelli walks in, running away heartbroken. Then Spinelli falls into the arms of Nadine, they have sex, start a relationship, and leave Maxie heart broken and thrashing out, leading to a messy relationship with Lucky (who will dump Liz). Nadine and Spinelli wed, and leave town. Then Maxie can go back to being a badass, which is what shes best at. Nikolas leaves town, no one knows where-to. Elizabeth is put on serious backburner for at least 6 months to a year, so we can forget about this HOrendous storyline, and when she comes back, she can find a nice man and settle down, or not find a man and be a rockin single lady...ANYTHING but this. Then, when that is done, the show can start rebuilding itsself.

Just my hopes...We know it wont happen. But, I can hope cant i?

• Members

Guza will never let Robin sleep with another man because of HIV even if Patrick had sex will the whole of PC, but I would love it if she dumped him, hooked up with Jason, had a passionate affair, and a baby. Burton would remember how to smile, flirt, and show love like he used when Robin and Jason were together. This would be a good fan fic. Someone needs to write it.

• Members

I don't give a rats ass about Sonny, Carly, Olivia, Liz, Nik - no I could care less about Lucky also JJ or not. Or Robin and Patrick, Sam. What would get me interested is if they did something again with Robin and Jason. Man I loved them together and there is so much story potential. Steve Burton has really clicked on screen with only a handful of actors, Rick Hearst, Natalia Livingston, and Kimberly McCullouh. He and Kimberly still share that magic whenever they share scenes. I'd tune back in to watch them together again. GH won't do it and Robin is stuck with Patrick and vice versa but at least they let Patrick have these flirations. Robin nada.

• Members

Another Jason/Robin fan. The first time around, they had a heartbreakingly beautiful romance which was well written and full of love and devotion. I really believed that they were only half alive without each other. There have always been those rumors that Burton was in love with Kimberly back in those days and I can believe that was the truth.

Robin's current pairing Patrick and Jason's subsequent romances cannot compare because the writing is a nightmare and the intensity of the emotions are simply not there. Oh well, it is nostalgia for a future that will never happen on GH. Guza will never reunite Robin and Jason, if he was going to do it, he would have when Robin first returned. Jason and Robin can be together in my imagination. Jason regains his memories, decides to be Jason Q again and he and Robin fall in love again. Totally works.

• Members

Robin's current pairing, Patrick, can't compare to anything because the actor is a huge waste of time. He might be the least talented actor on the show, walking cardboard. He is just there, making sure he says every line as unintereresting as possible. It was a revelation when he was recast for a week and the other guy came on and suddenly Patrick had energy and a pulse.

Archived