GH: January 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Patrick is totally molded into Robin's image. His name might as well be Rob. Just pick a topic they have discussed or argued about, and think back to what Patrick's original opinion was, and what his opinion is now. It is now Robin's opinion. Whatever the subject, the show wrote it that growth and maturity = whatever Robin says it is. He ridicules her drug therapy only so he can eventually see the error of his ways and wind up with "Robin was right, I was wrong, Robin is wonderful." I can't think of a single thing where she has budged from her original position or the show wrote her original position as somehow needing to be changed. It's all very contrived. Robin totally has the upper hand, from the marriage, baby, house, and the whole Waltons family that she wanted from the moment she returned but he never wanted. She picks the furniture, has a say on his friends, and even his interests (watching football on TV for example) are only shown so we can see Robin's reaction to it.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jonathan Jackson is just so darkly compelling right now. That sort of "creeper" vibe he gives as he mind-f*cks Nicholas and Elizabeth is amazing. He reminds me so much of Stuart Damon's Alan Quartermaine, back in the early 80s, when Alan was engineering ways to kill Monica and Rick (collapsing roof, explosion at the docks).

Whether it's the writing for the character, or the actor, or both, there is not denying that this Lucky is a much richer character than we have seen for years.

• Members

Lulu is in love with Dante. He is lucky that he is Sonny's son and a pet or he would be doomed.

Patrick and Lisa won't stop with their cheesy memories and self-congratulatory comments. I wish he would hook up with Lisa and call it a day. They deserve each other.

• Members

Well if Guza sticks to already established GH continuity (and yes I know what you're all about to say here but just humor me for a moment) then Maya would be the daughter of Justus' sister Faith (who appeared briefly for either Edward's trial for killing Bradley or Mary Mae's funeral I forget which) or his other sister who apparently was not named onscreen.

• Members

OMG, the Jason and Sam scene was painful. Its like he was interacting with a mirror. He said something to her and she repeated the same thing back to him, just worded differently. And in between that, she's telling him how great and right he is. This was their convo on Tuesday

Sam: How'd it go with Sonny?

Jason: He's handling things himself.

Sam: And how do you feel about that?

Jason: Well, I can tell you right now, it's only going to make things worse for Michael. Sonny wants to frame Franco for Claudia's murder. He's going to get a statement from Ronnie that when Franco came in, he admitted to killing her when he went to visit Ronnie in the hospital.

Sam: Okay, well, Franco did have Claudia's body, so it's plausible. I mean, you would just have to get an attorney to create reasonable doubt.

Jason: Yeah, except Franco knows that Michael killed Claudia. And the minute Franco realizes that he's being set up, he's going to release the photos of Michael to the cops.

Sam: Yeah, of course, and then Michael will be charged with murder. Well, you've got to talk to Sonny, Jason. He can't go through with this.

Jason: Well, not when Sonny's convinced that Franco has made me lose all objectivity and that my decisions can't be trusted right now.

Jason: I made a lot of mistakes since the night Claudia died. But I'm not wrong about Franco.

Sam: Well, the last thing you want to do is underestimate a freak like Franco.

Jason: He's not going to take the fall for a killing he didn't do. He'll release those photos, and Michael will be charged with Claudia's murder. [sighs] And that's how I protected Michael. That's how I took care of him.

Sam: Hey. You can't take the blame for this, Jason. Listen to me. Everything you did was out of love for Michael, right or wrong. And it just proves how much you love him, and... and how deeply you love. And it's why I will never stop believing in you.

• Members

Sam and Jason are why I can't take thel argument that Patrick is Robin's mold image seriously. Sam has lost her personality with Jason. Her job is to fluff Jason in every scene. She agrees with everything he says and never has a different opinion.

Archived