ATWT: November Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That ski lift scene stayed with me for ages. It still does. I never could believe Darryl was innocent.

I miss Frannie :( I was just watching the episode where she found out about Casey's death. I thought Mary Ellen Stuart was great (I never saw Julianne Moore's original run so I couldn't compare, and even in the comparison now, I think Mary Ellen holds up OK) and I never had any idea that when she left we WOULD NEVER SEE FRANNIE AGAIN.

The sidelining of the Hughes family over the past fifteen years is something I have never gotten.

• Members

I still get chills watching those scenes. Supposedly Darryl was supposed to be the killer but at the last moment Marland changed the story.

I too miss Frannie. MES was great as Frannie. She replaced JM very well. I hate what TPTB at ATWT did with the Hughes family. They completely got rid of them one by one with only Bob and Kim left.

• Members

I think the problem is less about Goutman not "giving us what we want" (as the saying goes, never give the audience what they want, give them what they need) and more about the fact he's bought into a "focus group" mentality---ie, "the audience doesn't have time to sit down and watch five days a week" to the point the stories are so fragmented it's EASY to skip days a story that's not working for you is on. There are other issues, but I think it starts with that kind of philosophy and essentially enabling viewers in dropping their "habit".

• Members

Well aren't you just a bucket of sunshine and optimism? :P RON!! :P

Today was good (boring, yes); it was cut off halfway, though. And I'm too lazy to worry about Youtubing the rest.

This whole Hunter/Maddie online role-playing crap is stupid. What are they? Like 13?

I think Marnie's current hairstyle is the best one yet. Just take care of the whole "fried" look and add a little length and it'll be perfect. I agree with UKBoi. I still (incessantly) yearn for Jessica Dunphy to return. *hopeful sigh* One day.....

I'm beginning to become tired of the ragged look for Kate/Katie. We get it. Brad's dead. Now, move on.

Oh wait. We can't because his ghost is in town, haunting Henry. Seriously, Henry, stop acting so surprised when he pops up. It's old...and ridiculously cheesy.

Tom P. did good. I'm a teeny bit of a fan (I like his acting, but I'm not scream-when-I-see-him-worthy). P.J., you're right...he did make it without screaming, but he DID have a small bit of fury with the ice bag. I thought he was trying to break it; he kept hitting it and rattling it around. Just hand her the bag, dude. We don't need all the theatrics.

I'm glad to see Paul and Emily getting a potentially good story. I thought it was very true to character for Emily to grab a miniscule morsel of hope and make a mountain of it. Her impulsiveness is wanting to invest was also extremely true to character. KMH is lookin HOT these days!!

• Members

One thing I like about ATWT is that just a few seconds of viewing it fills me up with all sorts of thoughts. Within seconds of turning over from OLTL, I've come up with this:

1) COLLIER!!!!! Oh my God, he looks even better now than he did a few years ago! Flove him!

2) How Brokeback can this scene get? Jack tells Mike he looks good and then eyes the body that's under the shirt.

3) Wheeler's "new production model" *could* work, but it'd have to be on a brand new show. It's just too jarring to see on an existing soap. Seeing Mike in his hard hat in South Carolina just makes me yearn for a purely blue-collar soap set in a semi-rural/semi-suburban town. Kinda like the last year and a half of GL but without the shitty writing and obligation to recognize 70+ years of history. Oh, and with better sets and less crappy music.

4) How hard would it be for them to just expand the opening just a leeeeeettle bit so that they could throw some regular theme music in there?

5) And now, WTF, Mike is married with child? All of this happened within one year? Or would they rather us forget Prescott's Mike? Because I already have.

• Members

Gotta admit, I found the Mike scenes to be underwhelming. Also I don't remember Collier having that accent he had, but I will say it was good to see him again. I think it would have been much much nicer if Mike had actually visited Oakdale with his new family rather than what we got today.

I didn't mind the rest--the Henry/Barbara scenes were nice and I loved all the scenes with Carly and her continually sticking it to Craig and Janet.

• Members

When is AP leaving? For some reason I feel we are going to be seeing a lot more of Brad before the month is over...la sigh

I always loved MC Mike (since I knew Shawn Christian was never coming back to ATWT). I really do miss seeing his hot face and bitch-face expressions. His story was realistic but a bit depressing. Poor man has a disability, nearly impoverish with a very young wife and child and living in South Carolina. I swear I saw this storyline on some Lifetime movie.

Margo hair isn't cute! Parker's hair reminds me of Joan Jett circa 1982, but I still find it kinda cute on him.

As a straight woman I do not condone any woman taking someone's boyfriend or husband, but today I wanted Carly to snatch both Jack and Craig from Janet and Ro.

Janet deserves it for being so insufferable. Hello, Janet how about telling your HUSBAND that you want to be there for him, instead of stressing him out. I am sure he also doesn't want to face Liberty either, so give the man some peace. Ro on the other hand, deserves to be alone because you don't betray your sister for any man. Also, Craig and Ro 2.0 have absolutely no sexual chemistry so I want them over as soon as possible.

• Members

Damn...didnt know Brandon and Dylan were lovers....

First of all I didnt see all of yesterdays show. I am disgusted with Goutman and this show.

So Collier still looks hot...nice....the guy is my age...I wish he swung the gay way and lived in Texas...just a thought....hehe

Sexond...hmmmm...wasnt there RUMORS that Michael Park was seen in places he shouldnt be in??...cough...gay bars...cough......I need to see observation 2.

3.......Wheeler sucked ass....ATWT needs to stay far away from here atriocious model.

4..........Id like a longer opening too...this new one looks like the opening from 1975.

5......I already commented on WTF momentn in the previews for ATWT thread...there is NO WAY Mike is married with child...NO WAY IN HELL...stupid writing if you ask me....

Sigh..this show still blows....Goutman still sucks as EP and co head writer with Kreitzman now....too think I liked Jean's Adam story instead of what Kreitzman is writing now....just sigh....how low my standards have fallen...prefering Jean over Rose...oh wait..thinking of Golden Girls..I mean Jean over David......lol

• Members

Then why you keep watching it then. I like the show better now. David is a better writer than Jean. ATWT would prolly be higher in the ratings if it wasn't for Y&R losing 300,000 viewers and gaining them back and forth and maybe ATWT would go up alot more. I wish CBS would put ATWT on in Y&R timeslot, but it looks like no one wants ATWT to get renewed. Alot of you say the show is so bad, but still watch it that makes no since at all.

• Members

Maybe I'm the one confused. I've seen person after person talk about how Kreizman is a better headwriter than Jean P., they're so glad JP is out and DK is in, etc., but Jean P. HASN'T LEFT!!!!! She just has a writing partner now! They BOTH have equal say with one another in regards to the direction of stories.

Floved Margo's sarcasm with Craig and Rosanna. Why can't we see more of this Margo, instead of uptight policewoman/suffocating mother?? I like this side of her TONS better.

I was surprised to see Katie bail Henry out. Even if she did halfway believe him, I think it's extremely out-of-character for her to bail him out, when he's under arrest for charges that lead up the demise of her husband (which she blames Henry for). It didn't make any sense. BUT....Henry DID make a fool out of himself with Katie. That was a stupid, idiotic move. All he had to do was leave and then come back when Brad was around. On a related note, I wish Katie would just hurry up and believe Henry so we can get this story over with. If the rumors for and about Austin Peck's firing are true, then why are they keeping a womanizing, aggravating actor around for so long...especially if he was fired because of his cheating and aggravating ways? (P.S.--Anyone else find it odd that Brad can sit on a bench in church, sit on Henry's sofa and coffee table....but yet, he can't touch anything??)

Was it just me or did the song in the background drown out part of the Mike/Jack scene at the beginning? That was obnoxious.

FLOVE Mark Collier and I'm SOOOO glad to have him back (for a little bit....grrrr). And as far as the accent goes....HELLO PEOPLE!!! He's had it since he joined ATWT. Youtube an old Matie clip. You'll hear the same exact accent. I was also really impressed with the actress playing Anna. She did remarkably well for a first-timer. As far as Mike having a wife and kid, it IS possible. This IS a soap opera. People can make raod trips in record breaking time. 9-month pregnancies last 4 to 5 months. New Year's Eve is one to two days after Christmas. Babies that are really 4 are aged to 10. A man can get injured, meet his wife, get her pregnant, and welcome a newborn in the span of 1 year and 3 months. It IS possible!!!

Carly's kinky! Bad girl, bad girl! When she was asking Craig if Rosanna can do/wants to do what she's done with him..... *ooh!*..... naughty!!!!

Seeing Mike with a racecar reminded me. Wasn't he really big into racing cars when he and Rosanna first started hooking up? (Back when Mike debuted in Oakdale)

Janet's a moron. If she's really worried about him, then why was Carly the one that went after him? Why didn't Janet? And of course she's gonna listen when Jack said "please don't come find me". Dummy. When Jack says that, it means "come find me"! Guess Carly's the only one who knows that..... :wub:

Parker is acting just a tad bit obsessed with Liberty. I get that they're friends, but he tracks her down 24/7. He's coming on WAY too strong IMHO.

And lastly, what a treat...to see Babs and Margo sharing a civilized conversation! Gah, I don't think people realize how rarely those occur!! And I effing LOVED it!!!!!!

Archived