ATWT: November Discussion

• Members

Just got caught up on last week's ATWT. Man, that show is FAR better than Y&R right now, not that it's saying much. Some thoughts:

---Well I called it. In the three days that Mark Collier appeared, everything seemed energized. I LOVED his story to the point that I wished we had gotten to see it play out. And the girl who plays his wife Ana is lovely, if green. I felt terrible for Mike about his hand and the current state of his life. I care about Ana & Caroline because I care about Mike. I enjoyed the way they tied up the arc with the race. And finally, after three days of waiting, Collier busted out that trademark infectuous big smile of his. Can we PLEASE get the man a contract? (Oh and it would've been nice if Jack took Mike's shirt off after knocking him out instead of his pants)

---Meg is back and I'm lovin her. The manipulative, desperate, flawed heroine that I fell in love with has returned and not a moment too soon. This little game she's playing with Damien is quite entertaining to watch. And like them or not, Seganti & Wilson have mad sexual chemistry. Looking forward to more Meg vs Lily

---You GO Carly Tenney! Maura West is on fire since her return- loved watching her let Craig & Rosanna have it and torturing Janet. It was beyond cruel what she was doing with Janet, toying with her about Jack and then calling him on her phone, if only to show that Jack picks up his phone when Carly calls (and not Janet). But I lapped up every delicious minute of it.

---FOREHEAD GATE 2009: The weak point of the show continues to be Luke & Noah. I actually pretty much despise Luke now, though I have for a while. It's RIDICULOUS watching him get his panties all in a wad over a kiss on the forehead(!). Then the little jerk goes and cries to daddy, knowing full well what Damien is capable of. But the dean firing Mason over this forehead crap? That was the penultimate! But Noah's a fool too- I'd dump whiny, clingy, co-dependant Luke in a hot minute for sexy Mason. Believe that.

Looking forward to the shows this week- and Molly & Simon's returns.

ETA: Well notsomuch Molly. I never understood her appeal, nor LK's for that matter. Plus I read some nasty blind items years ago where LK basically said had she been nominated in the supporting actress category (as Maura West & Kelley Hensley were) that she would have brought it home for ATWT.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasnt sure whos post to quote. I wanted to quote multi ones. Terri/Dusty/Janet were ff material for me. The rest was Nuke ....ummm.....what S H I T T Y

Acting by Van Hansis and Forbes Marsh. Gawd.....Van and Forbes were annoying as H E L L. Van's acting was just awful...horrendous....pitiful...downright terrible!! Van needs to go back to acting school because he totally sucked today. Luke is such a drama queen...gawd if I was Noah I'd run far away from him...gawd Luke was annoying as hell today.

• Members

I realize Noah's injury is bad, but for him not to have a pulse? That was a little overboard. IA with everyone; Van has started tanking....fast!! Their scenes were certainly snoreworthy. The dialogue at the hospital was horrendous. Only bright point of dialogue was Holden chewing out Damian, although I wish Holden would just give up the whole "evil Damian" act; every time this triangle between Holden/Lily/Damian happens, they make Holden seem so desperate---like a 3rd grader trying to hold on to his grade-school crush.

Once again, a major injury comes into Oakdale Memorial and....ONE measly little nurse wheels Noah's gurney into a room? Where the hell are the employees? They must be desperate for work to re-hire Meg....which I still can't get over; hasn't she been fired from there, like, twice. I did notice they built a new set for the hospital entrance; looked very nice. If only we could get some more sets instead of jilted handicam outings!!...

I cringed when I saw Liberty and Dusty share a scene today. Somewhere in the world, a washed-up Lusty fan has found themselves a Lusty 2.0 to worship. And Dusty's life-threatening allergic reaction? Sooo stupid. ITA with whoever said Teri's useless. The actress is great, but the character's just not needed. I have a feeling Pinson and "Janet" won't last long once/if/when/whatever CarJack reunites. Felt sorry for Teri, though, when Janet was being a megabitch to her. "Liberty hates saugage". Well, are you sure? She IS her mother's child.

• Members

It's hard to believe Molly's been gone five years, and all it takes is half an episode to show us she's the same complete mess (with mascara running down her face) she's pretty much always been. And I can't believe how much I LOVED it! And Lesli looked like she was thrilled to be sinking her teeth into something, not simply rehashing entire plot lines with her parents.

Loved that Ro finally had a talk with Emma, even if I think she's a complete moron for picking Craig over her sister.

I liked Carly's half of the conversation with Craig---explaining why she's going after Jack. Craig, otoh, makes me sick with his "concern" for Carly. Wasn't he just telling Ro Carly wasn't the wounded bird she thought Carly was? Yet here he is, playing hero in contrition for sleeping with her sister? Well, that, and I suspect a healthy dose of lust, since that thumb stroke seemed to light his fire.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that Jack called Carly about Molly, and Carly went running without thinking twice.

The Lily/Damian/et al stuff---seemed like a complete rerun of yesterday's scenes (minus Luke's hyper yelling).

• Members

MOLLY! I was so happy to see her again and her interaction with Jack. It is hard to believe that she has been gone for five years...harder yet to believe she was last played by that god-awful Christina Chambers for three months. I was reminded by that when she brought up the Starziak mess. While I'm glad she maintained her anchor career(at least til now, and a WCBS in NYC anchor to boot!) Still its sad she remains such a tragic figure, always getting burned by men (Nick, David, Mike, Dusty and now this congressman fellow). I really hope to see some Carly and Molly interaction.

Emma and Rosanna were good. How did Craig get back from SC to Oakdale so fast? I'm FF my DVR recording during the Nuke scenes so I can't comment...

• Members

Wow, love her or hate her, Molly sure does dominate the screen when she appears. It was almost like those five years never happened. The only minor criticism I have is that she made no mention of Jake, who was the love of her life, but maybe she will when she gets to Oakdale. Lesli looks like she's having fun, working with two pros, Michael and Maura, and actually getting to be front and center in a scene. Why on earth can't B&B use her talents (not to mention General Hospital?)

• Members

That's been my only complaint about Molly's return... Why would Molly ruin a brilliant career to take on a married man (and especially the way the writers set it up)! Why not a little heartbreak and have Molly decide that she needed a break and to get away from the mess she created of her life getting involved with that loser?

Eh! At least Molly and Carly are back! Too bad we never really get Ro-Carly-Molly together.

Archived