ATWT: November Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Molly, Carly, and Rosanna were on the show together for a year or two. I'm not sure if they interacted that much, the three together.

Damian made very brief appearances during that priest/Dante/whatever mess in 2001, I think he was in town once or twice. Simon was there at the time. They didn't interact, of course.

• Members

Didn't Lily have Simon in Malta when Damian kidnapped Luke and Holden? I remember after the boat blew up, Simon was the only one who believed they could still be alive.

Carly, Ro and Molly would have been in town from April '02 (when Carly came home from the Hell Spa) to Molly's departure in '04 (after Jack went off the bridge). They didn't interact very much. The one notable time was when Carly gave birth to Sage in Montana. Ro and Molly both went there and forgave Carly, and they all attended Carjack's Montana wedding.

• Members

Ugh..I don't think about it much, other than the utterly ridiculous end where Dante (Damian's bad ass brother) backflipped off a cliff but still managed to survive and disrupt Jake and Molly's wedding, where he was trying to kidnap Luke, and Jack shot him dead, then saw James in a flash of lightening.

But now that I do think about it, Simon was in Malta--I believe he and Katie were tied up together, and she gave this ridiculous "I feel like warm chocolate pudding" speech when she was getting horny. (He'd married Katie for his greencard, and she was chasing him all over, trying to get him to love her.)

• Members

Ahh... :wub: The Skatie necklace scenes. :wub: *starts fanning* They were locked up; it was hot. Katie had a charm on her necklace that could free them from the handcuffs; Simon had to bite at it, conveniently close to Katie's bosom. *sigh* That's when I loved her.... (until they turned Simon back into a flighty con-artist.. <_< )

Molly and Kim's scenes were nice. Anyone have a clue about the "new magazine format" Kim kept talking about?

The Nuke crap is already getting old. I don't care to watch a couple of bitchy princesses get their panties in a wad because one feels like the other's pushing and the other feels like the one's giving up. We've seen this same ole song-and-dance before. Luke said it himself...a few months back, we had this same storyline with Luke's paralysis.

I never understood why Lily hates Molly with a passion?? Is she jealous that Holden has a child with Molly? If that's the case, she should quit preaching about how Holden needs to accept her "new family" with Damian; they share TWO sons together now...(Luke:bio, Noah:adopted)

Now that Damian has slithered his way out of Meg's little blackmail plan by paying off Grady, I wonder what she'll do now..... :huh:

• Members

Molly did stalk Holden and Lily, drugged Holden and made it look like they were together, try to bust up their wedding, let Holden get charged with beating her even though that white supremacist guy had done it, and she tried to push a gargoyle onto Lily's head (did Lily ever find out about that). I can't remember if Lily forgave her for all that.

• Members

DUDE...I so didn't want a recap! *runs to get a bottle of Pepto* :lol:

That left me scratching my head too---unless she's actually talking about Oakdale Now! and ends up bootin' Jan's ass off since Brad's dead. I don't even remember "how things worked out last time" they worked together. I don't even think Molly was working after she hooked up with Jake, but I could be mistaken. Either way, I don't remember and "bad blood" between them at the point Molly left. Criminy, I remember distinctly how Molly was embraced by Oakdale after Jake made her respectable. It annoyed me 'cause it was like all of the sudden Molly didn't need Carly any more, and their friendship slowly died.

Molly went after Holden, a couple of times. She went as far as blackmailing Holden into marriage after the Milltown Church burned down, only to be thwarted by the Snyder family. She hasn't liked Molly since. Right before Molly left town, she was back to "leaning on" Holden in the wake of her part in Jack going off the bridge. She and Holden kissed, but Molly skipped town soon after, thanks to that hideous recast. Holden's right on this one, Lily should shut her mouth.

On to today's eppy!

FLOVED every freakin' moment of Jack and Carly. It's been WAY too long since Carly and Jack have had an open, honest conversation that wasn't interrupted or caused by Craig or Janet. And it's wonderful to see them allowed to care for each other again. I got fed up watching Jack back off his concern for Carly when she was drinking, deferring to everyone else's wishes.

And LMAO at Jan finding them in bed together. So if Jack had said "boo" to her, would she have run away from that too? I don't have an ounce of compassion for the woman.

And I even liked the Henry/baby scenes. I was a little put off by Katie's sudden "obsession" for sleep, but whatever.

• Members

LOL at Janet seeing Jack and Carly sleeping. There was nothing sexual about it and yet she blows up with "I always knew this day would come!" Pathetic, and I really hate how they broke Dusty up with Bonnie to prop Terri and Janet. Otherwise the Jack and Carly scenes were fantastic! Its been over three years now since they were truly a couple until Katie felt she needed to interfere to help a man who turned out to be a twisted murderer and kidnapper.

• Members

Peej, you don't understand. That's when the character of Katie was somewhat tolerable and likable!! The love triangle between her and Georgia over Eddie, the backseat love-making with Simon that turned into Simon being all, "I'll pretend to love you if a marriage with you will keep me in the states", which turned into Katie (literally) making Simon slowly fall in love with her. And who could forget the heartbreaking goodbye they shared when Leyden made his first exit? Katie screaming through the gate for Simon not to leave her, only for him to vanish into the night..... *sigh* THAT, my friend, was when I floved Katie. I liked her with Mike, too, but a few months before Collier's exit, Katie slowly became more and more sluttish and annoying.

The last WOAK occurrence was when Katie exposed Molly's affair with Chris Hughes during a live broadcast. Molly was fired immediately and Katie, if I remember correctly, got her wish and replaced Molly as anchor. I'm thinking maybe Kim is launching a WOAK magazine? Or perhaps a web magazine? I don't know. I wish they ahd explained it more....

I vaguely remember most of that. I was pretty young, so I only got to watch the show during the summer. I realize that Lily and Molly have their differences, but 1) it's been years, 2) Carly & Lily had that altercation with the whole "trying to run Carly over" deal, but were back to being cordial some months later, and 3) Lily has no room to talk, marrying her ex-husband (and Holden's worst enemy) only a week or two after he was presumed dead. If Holden wants some nooky, then she (of all people) shouldn't be one too judge.

• Members

Dude, Katie has never been likable or tolerable. She's either been an annoying twit, or an annoying bitch. :lol:

I don't know if Molly got her job back after exposing Katie at the Endicott Awards or not.

IA, it's a long time for Lily to hold on to her hatred for Molly--but I'm okay with it. Lily has always been the entitled little princess who's **it didn't stink. Sorry, dude--it's true. :)

• Members

I agree about Katie. I never liked her character. I wish she would be shown with her mom so I could care about her.

I dont recall if Molly got her job back. Hmmmm..thats a good trivia question.

Too bad Martha isnt playing Lily cause her hatred towards Molly comes off childish.

• Members

I can't believe we saw the Snyder Parlor....hadnt seen that in ages. I liked the new updated version of it. Now if they can recreate the parlor why not Lucinda's living room and Kim's living room too??

The show was one of the best ones of the year. I would have loved to see Kim and Bob....Tom.....with Lucinda too Noah and Luke...oh dear gawd....really...Luke sitting outside the room..in the hallway...Luke is such a stalker....lol...Luke is giving me the creeps.

The ending with Simon at the end was a surprise. I actually thought Katie was going to see Brad. I like that ATWT cliffhangers are back.

Archived