ATWT: November Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OH...how I hope Molly gives Ro a GOOD piece of crap for shagging Craig. Carly and Moll were always great when they were commiserating over their love lives--even when they were a little too preoccupied to listen to what the other was saying. I hope TIIC continue to show them, and not abandon that relationship as Moll sluts it up all over Oakdale.

LOL...no, I wouldn't rather have Tom yell. I guess I'm surprised he's able to dial his performance down, while some other "Gifts To the World of Acting" can't. ;)

• Members

It seemed like Molly forgot about Jake after she met Mike, so I'm not too surprised she doesn't remember him.

Molly was such a self-destructive character.

I haven't seen her return yet, but I'm looking forward to it. To say I had mixed feelings about Molly is an understatement. She may be the most "mixed feelings" character on ATWT for me, especially early in her run. I did like her more later on. Then after Jake died I stopped caring again.

Poor Molly does have a permanent place in my memory for one of the most laughable history rewrites ever. "Dusty Donovan...you used to push me in the Snyder pond!!!" Yes, Dusty used to go to the Snyder farm and horse around with Molly...even though Lily was not involved with the Snyder family until some time after Molly became pregnant and was sent out of Oakdale.

• Members

Ugh..I know what you mean about Molly. By the time LK left, I was glad to see her go. Her only purpose seemed to be flucking every guy in town like the Welcome Wagon. And showing off her ta-tas at the drop of a hat.

But since being subjected to dull, whiney characters like Janet...I'll welcome Moll back with open arms.

• Members

I still remember when Molly first met Rosanna(Yvonne Perry). Rosanna came to see Carly about her pregnancy and wearing some very plain clothing and Molly was "Um, wait aren't you supposed to be my rich cousin?" It was hilarious and I loved seeing Rosanna be insulted back then.

• Members

Thank God he's toned it down..... *sigh* Although, he was kinda creepin me out today. And wtf was with the nosebleed? I'm guessing the miracle drug is going to make people's brains start dripping down through their nostrils or something... *cringe at the thought of JP telling DK that she'll write this story solo*

Amen!!!!! THAT is the Molly I remember. She had dignity and class about her. My hope for the return of old Molly, instead of slutwhore-Before-LK's-Exit Molly, were severely diminsihed by today's scenes.

I'm not seeing what's so unbelievable about that.... :huh: Molly was an off-screen character during Holden and Dusty's early teen years. When Lily came around, Molly was long gone (presumably moved away after getting knocked up by Holden). It wasn't until years later, when Lily was arrested, that she met Molly in prison.

Today was pretty boring.

The Ali/Casey/Maddie/Hunter quadrangle is getting old....real fast. Mostly, for me, because I don't like any of the couples....Ali/Casey, Maddie/Casey, Hunter/Maddie, etc. None of them have chemistry. I was surprised to hear Maddie bring up Casey's online gambling; I had forgotten about that travesty of a storyline.

Mick just creeps me out. The fact that he knows so much about Barbara doesn't throw up a red flag to these people?? :blink: Speaking of tone-downs, Roger Howarth looks like he's ready to flinch some facial muscles and scream and twist his neck in peculiar ways. I find myself slowly liking this new non-microchip Paul.

The whole "sting op", as Jack called it, was ridiculous. That congressman's a buffoon if he didn't see that set-up. It was all soooo ridiculous. The Molly/Carly reunion was nice; makes me miss the old days when Carly had a boy haircut and Molly was just looking for the father (who we now know, duh, was/is Holden) of the daughter she gave up for adoption.

• Members

Dusty, my BFF, the reason the Dusty/Molly/Holden rewrite was so jarring is this: Dusty was a character on the show long before Holden came on. WE saw him as a teen, and he wasn't hanging around with Holden in Luther's Corners skinny dipping with Molly in the Snyder Pond. (He was getting kidnapped by James and had more parents than Parker--which is saying something) The way Molly made it sound, Dusty and Holden knew each other before either met Lily---which just wasn't true. (This is also why the Margo/Dusty scenes bother me, 'cause she knew him as a kid (back when Margo was a horse-trainer and flucking James) and they NEVER act like they met before McCouch was cast in the role)

IA---Casey/Maddie/Ali/Hunter is ridiculous. And it's too bad, 'cause I like Maddie a whole lot more than I like Ali, and she's going to get stomped on again for the boring Casey/Ali train.

• Members

LOL...I lived the history---I know you were like an embryo. IMO, it would have just been fine if Molly had been Holden's girlfriend before we met him. It was the part where Dusty and Molly had known each other that chafed. It's not like Molly had to know a guy more than five minutes before she'd have slept with him anyway. :lol:

• Members

Yes, it was the WTF nature of the rewrite that bothered me, and that the people in charge of the show were practically thumbing their noses at history. To this day I don't know why they needed to bring GM in as Dusty. He could have been a brand new character. I felt like they just wanted to say, "This is our show, it never really existed before us."

As for Molly, I actually liked her best when she was with Jake, but a big part of her character was always screwed-up, self-destructive, sluttish. I'm sorry she hasn't gotten her life together in her years out of town but I'm not exactly surprised.

I wish they could bring back Andy and have them interact again. Before they trashed the relationship for Reid/David, I thought Andy and Molly were good together.

• Members

Today's show was actually somewhat interesting. I'm liking that Damian isn't being painted as being completely evil. Dude has doubts....but why, oh, why is he letting Meg actually get to him??? Doesn't Damian have mafia connections? He should have taken Meg down a looong time ago.

Gah...Holden is back to his sanctimonious self. I'm reminded now why I've never really liked him.

Double gah...can Lily make up her frickin' mind already? Seriously, I don't get what she really wants, because she changes face every few episodes!

Brad as a ghost is just dumb. I'm just ready for him to go away.

Archived