ATWT: November Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The name of Mike's car was Ludie Belle. And yes, he's always had that accent. It used to grate my last nerve listening to him say COREly instead of CARly. But as much as I dreaded seeing him, I do have to admit, that girl playing his wife has some serious presence on-screen.

Loved seeing that guard's reaction to Craig's explanation of the affair. I only wish she'd followed it up with a cream pie to the face and a knee to the groin.

Janet needs to STFU where Carly's concerned. Either go after your man, or don't. But don't blame anyone else for GAS enough to do it if you won't. And on what planet is anyone obligated to share every scrap of information with you, when you don't share what you know? FCOL, Jan knew Jack had left town, quit his job, and didn't and wouldn't tell Carly or Parker. She now knows he's in SC and can't even tell them he's "with friends", which might go a long way to easing Parker's worries.

I hated the Carly/Craig nasty undertone---but I loved the fact Craig felt the need to lie about it to Rosanna. He knows how sensitive Ro is about Carly where men are concerned. The more he hides stuff, the better it is.

Liked the Babs/Henry and Margo stuff. Lovin' Babs lately, period.

The "Ghost" angle in the Katie/Brad story is getting a touch annoying. And I hate it when Katie deigns to have someone in her life---as long as they're doing something for her.

• Members

Collier is the hotness....no wonder Jack was checking him out up and down....the guy could turn a straight guy gay! (and yes,the rumour was Parks was caught where he shouldnt be but I cant believe it, he seems so uptight all the time,never got the love for the actor,) LOL on Shawn Christian, I hated him as Mike, he was one of Marland's blue collar/farm boy in tight jeans Holden wannabes...and I never could get over the spray tan and the dyed blond hair (on Days he still is sporting the orange tan but at least his hair is darker.) Wish GL could have gotten Collier before ATWT, he would have made a great long lost Reardon (though GL would have made him either a Cooper or a stranger come to town..) This storyline is boring..he is short term so who cares about his wife and kid??And could they have found a way to get him halfway nekked??

The location shots are better then GL's...at least the camera isnt shaking and there arent rabid cuts from across the street, in a tree, behind a trash can (wish someone had told Wheeler that she needed to be talented and have the skill to be "cutting edge," ) However, like GL, the shots in a "real," house, i.e Mike's kitchen (was that the old house they used in GL...I thought Zimmer was going to stumble out of the laundry room having woken up from a bender after the wrap party) dont "jibe," with the rest of the show. This blue collar story reeks of Wheeler and Kreizman,I just hope they dont have Katie have a backyard filled with rusty ass junk like they had Harley do.

The sets on the show actually look good...maybe I am used to watching people act in a closet but they seemed BIG. I am a returning viewer after 5 years but does the goofy Parker kid have a lot of air time? His hair IS totally Joan Jet and it looked like he was rubbing his face in Shawn Christian's chest it was so orange. Brad as a ghost, does ATWT remember Ghost Reva? Nuff said.

• Members

I will admit when I read Forbes March interview and he pretty much said that JP was only a figurehead and CG was the real writer of the show, I believed it. Mainly, because ATWT really did a sudden turn around this summer and it was obvious that JP wasn't writing for the show. Also, in Tom P's initial interview he called DK the head writer and JP was never mentioned. And again when DK talked about the November sweeps it never appeared that he was co-writing the stories. Of course, I could be wrong but I really think that JP was demoted at some point and to save face CG never announced it but just took over until DK came on board. Also, the current writing style seems a bit too different from JP's (not that I would say that is a good thing either) but there does seem to be some difference.

• Members

Or people don't just randomly meet in park for no reason. And scenes aren't shot through blades of grass. Boy, that used to annoy me on GL.

Parker's had more airtime in the recent past, but you've missed the "I'm sixteen, want control of my trust fund so let's get married" stage.

There must be some kind of special lighting for tan people ATWT doesn't know about. CZP's tan looks fake too, but it's not. And I had to laugh---you could see Jon Lindstrom's burn peeling the other day in his bed scene with Cady McClain.

• Members

Being just short of the Anti-Christ, IMO, I didn't think anyone could sink lower than Craig on a day where he basically said "stop screeching about your pain, Carly, I flucked your sister---be happy for us NOW, damnit!"

THEN..Mr.Damian went and played Meg. Don't get me wrong---I'm not sorry for Meg, Meg seems to be playing him like a Stradivarius---but DAYUM, he's officially a SlimeLord of the Fist Order.

Honestly, between Meg (who's got her own PsychoScornedWoman music now) and Carly mind-flucking the men who wronged them, I was more than a little entertained today.

Heck--I even liked Mike and especially his sweetie wife Anna---and I never like Mike. Okay---"like" is a little strong. I tolerated Mike today. No doubt because we got some Carjackerness today as Carly pulled out the compass and ran down to SC to bring Jack home. <BEG>

• Members

I am watching Wednesday' show now. Wow, Jack and Mike just ooze chemistry.wub.gif And I did notice the looks Michael Park gave Mark Collier. Let's see.....Jake.....ummmm...Mick....lol....back to viewing the show.

Btw...loved the the jail scene with Craig/Ro/Police Officer.

• Members

The "race" scenes are kind of cheesy. I wish we'd get to the part where Carly catches up to Jack already. I did like interactions (Mike waking up and asking if he was back in Oakdale was kind of cute...) and I FLOVED the convo between Jack and Carly, even if it was over a damned radio.

*EYEROLL* Maybe I'm just too old, but is a kiss ON THE FOREHEAD really "inappropriate sexual conduct" severe enough to get Mason summarily dismissed, without any kind of hearing or action from a college/teacher's board? And WTF is this malarkey that makes it seem like Noah's going to be punished just as severely---he's the VICTIM here.

Don't get me started on Luke's hair...if they're trying to butch him up, it's failing.

Lily/Holden---yeah---uhm, can someone just shoot them both and let Emma worry about raising those kids in a "wholesome" environment? I don't know who's the bigger hypocrite---Holden for playing that card, or Lily for being so offended after Faith caught her and Damian in bed.

I will say---CrazyMeg is a lot more entertaining than regularMeg. It's really sordid and smarmy, the way she's selling out her beloved brother Holden in a way just to get laid and hurt Lily---but I kinda hope she winds up torching Damian, hurting Lily and cutting Lily off from both Damian and Holden.

• Members

Ugh...no kidding. Y'know, if he'd stuck to pointing out Luke NEVER supports him, (support as opposed to trying to control Noah with his passive-aggressive bitchiness "oh, don't come to my dad's funeral, he'd want you to do whatever", "WHY didn't you tell me you spent more than five seconds unchaperoned with MASON!) and call him on his pathetic clingyness, instead of complaining he "should have known how Damian operates", maybe he wouldn't seem so annoying.

And just for ONCE, I wish TIIC would LET Luke do something clearly manipulative and deceitful. If they were a straight couple, you can bet Luke would have dropped the dime on a poacher like Mason ages ago.

YAY for the previews in general! I'm stoked to see.....

Archived