ATWT: November Discussion

• Members

Sigh...I'm so bummed about ATWT ratings that Goutman trying(waiting til the last minute..failed attempt) to save this show is probably no longer possible. To have a good week last week...and I do mean good not great and not to have a ratings spike during its most crucial month is disheartning.

The show sounds good. Sigh...

Welcome to the board Meldus. I hope you post often about ATWT.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just finished watching today's show and thought it was so damn dull. Had Carly not been on today I would have turned off the show. Seeing Ben was nice but the whole Philly trip is just so stupid. I hate Christopher Goutman's remotes. He hasnt done one damn good one!! The whole Ben Franklin story is just so dumb beyond words.

Brad and Henry...yawnnnnnn......can Brad just die already. Gawd....what a boring show today.

Dont get me started on Terri and Dusty....ughhhhhh

• Members

Y'know...I hate to criticize the remote in any way....but that dialogue on the roof was so not Jack. Worse--it sounded like stuff Craig would say in that situation. Well...maybe not that extreme. Craig would have been figuring out a way to wire the money to Switzerland. And then push the guy off the roof.

• Members

Hello, my new favorite poster. :D Proverbial hammer, meet proverbial nail.

AMEN!!!! Don't get me started on short-term returns. Stupid, just stupid. Instead of wasting all the money Kreizman's bragging they inherited in GL's final will and testament (from PGP/TNM) on remotes with skay handheld cameras, they could be bringing back actors and characters we love (and actually like seeing) for more than 2 days at a time!!!

Ummm...I think it was down her throat, but same concept. Binzitchy Carly....me likey!! Poor Rosanna....thinking Carly'll forgive her for lotioning down her bedsheets while she was away. Pssh!!

WORD! Kinda like the new Snyder Pond (or "reservoir" as it was described summer of 08)... I'm not a big fan of handheld cameras for soaps. For web series, meehhh.... but not soaps. Can they not build some sets or something?? I wanta see the old Snyder Pond!!

And the whole "Ben" Franklin/"Ben" Harris coincidence...... *eyeroll* Good gawd.... (Although....I do have to say, MP and MW look amazing in natural light...)

:lol: Yeah, totally!!!!!!!!! :lol:

• Members

The Kate discussion...

When Katie was very young, Lyla used to call her Kate. This just reinforces that Lyla should have returned, even just for one episode, and Katie could have spoken with her about the past, and about losing Casey, and this would have prompted Katie to change her name.

• Members

Not to be too critical, but David Kreizman's writing is little to be desired at this point. Chris Goutman wasn't the best temporary writer but he appeared better than JP and the ratings actually improved. DK seems like he is already dropping characters (e.g. Bonnie, Vienna, Adam, and two others are leaving) and propping up his new favorites. Unfortunately, most of the upcoming storylines appear pretty run of the mill and unexciting. I will give him a little more time, but so far I am not impressed.

• Members

A nice start to the week.

FLOVED the Carly/Parker talk. Parker caught her up on Lib's pregnancy and miscarriage, Craig and Ro (he's later very terse with Rosanna, hallelujah!) and the BIG news that Jack was going to tell her, but got diverted. The moment she said "he's still looking out for us---we need to look out for him" melted my snarky heart.

BEN!!! (and I don't mean Franklin!)---yummy, sweet and MISSED! Can't we swap the 20-somethings for him? Who am I kidding---who's gonna take them off our hands?

Jack&Irv---I get that this is Jack's crisis of conscience, but some of the dialogue just makes me cringe. TIIC are trying to have their cake and eat it too---they want Jack to consider suicide, but they don't want to "own" it in their hero. And as much as I flove MP and his acting, Jack seems just a tad too chipper and snarky since he left town. It's not that I don't see sorrow---I do. There's just some kind of odd disconnect, which I think is the trite writing.

Carly/Craig/Ro---please...I'm begging---just ONE knee to the groin...pretty please. Craig and Ro's guilt is so self-serving it's annoying. Check that---Ro's guilt's annoying (girlfriend please! Y'all were planning to run around Oakdale as a "couple"---making sure the entire town knows about your flucking is a lot more disrespectful to Carly than Shackin' it with Gramps.)....Craig's guilt is mercifully non-existent, he's more worried about keeping his fluckbuddy now he's cut Carly loose.

Pem--I'm not exactly buying this angst. It really can't be that hard to give money to charity.

Casey/Ali---well, at least it wasn't Nuke. I like Maddie. I think Evan is still too stupid to live.

• Members

A few observations--

• Glad to see that the JokeDale time travel portal still works. Carly made to trip to Philly in 30 secs while Craig/Ro beat her by a few seconds because they took a cab from the airport.
  • Emlooney bonding with her egg donated children was a little much, especially since she rarely mentions Daniel the child she actual conceived.
  • Yes, Dr. Ben was looking good, but, it would have been nice to see him interact with Ro, especially since he was the one who took her to that clinic in Switzerland after Craig almost killed her.

All in all I found today's show snoring.

• Members

I was about to post this. It's ATWT only chance. Because today's show was just awful again. This is sweeps storylines?? Gawd....I am so pissed off with Goutman and Co. ATWT is going to be cancelled unless the Carjack fans return. A lot already left in anger.

The show.......

I dont know whether to laugh or cry about it.

Where to begin....

The show was dull and boring. Jack should be a lost soul. He sure doesnt look like it to me anymore. A guy who is lost into himself isnt saving people...come on Goutman...you dipstick....cant even tell a story right. Ugh...I am just so feed up with ATWT at this point. Tomorrow we get more ghost Brad...what fun....NOT! Emiloon and GL cast off...oh boy...fun.....NOT......this show just sucks beyond words.

• Members

I sort of enjoyed today's show even with its hokey moments. I loathe Tom Pelphrey already. I liked him when he first started on GL but then he became overexposed and overacted. It's a shame the entire Adam plot was dropped for his character because I was growing on the Adam story. I was really really hoping for Jack and Carly to actually get a couple scenes together again but nothing so far though I too loved the Carly/Parker stuff! I enjoy it when Carly and Parker interact.

• Members

I feel the same way about Tom Pelphrey. He is just too overexposed. I was so enjoying the Adam story too and they drop it for Tom...Ugh!! The Parker and Carly scenes were nice. Let's hope the CarJack reunion bring up the ratings.....if not is cancellation time for sure.

• Members

Meldus, as far as I know, JP is still at the helm. She just has a partner (DK) now.

P.J.--Amen on the line that melted your heart, the missing of Ben, and the trite writing making Jack chipper. I didn't notice the Jack thing until you said it, but I agree. Feels like MP's going to crack a smirk at any moment and have Jack say "Aw, who am I kiddin, I can't stay sad. Let's go back to Oakdale".

Ron, I feel ya. I think they're trying to write Jack into acceptance by having him save lives. They're making him too much of a hero...too soon. When you said "A guy who is lost into himself isnt saving people", I lterally clapped.

Oh! And P.J.-- Did you mean "Evan" or "Hunter"? Anytime Hunter speaks, I think I should be looking at a rebellious, gothic, black-haired tween!

I would have liked to see Rosanna and Ben interact some, too. I can already see the "wtf" expression on Ben's face after finding out her and Craig have been flucking like rabbits. Like JS said, Ben was the one who had her taken to Switzerland after Craig tried to kill her. It would've been delicious irony!!!

I don't think they dropped the Adam story for the Mick character. Adam's been gone a month or more already. I do wish they hadn't written Adam off like they did. Not only did it drop a potentially good family drama (between Adam/Margo/Casey), but Adam's exit also gives JP room enough to (off-screen) "crazy" him back up.

Alexandra Chando being back is great, but I'm not seeing any potential (good) story for Maddie. She has no chemistry with Billy M. and the whole Hunter/Maddie possibility is all cute-sy and everything, but not what the show needs during such a crucial sweeps period.

Kinda OT, but...I'm surprised Kelly hasn't been around these parts lately. I figured that since Paul and Emily are together again, she'd be posting like crazy! :P

• Members

OOoops...I meant Hunter. I know it's supposed to be "quirky", but it just comes off as retarded. I mean, Parker's got smoother moves than that Mensa candidate.

I'd completely forgotten the Ben/Ro connection--such as it was. Heck...I wanna see Paul's revulsion at the news though--that should be priceless.

I'm not sure they dropped the Adam story in favor of the Mick story either. Stories that aren't exactly working (and aren't priority) get wrapped up like that when new writers join a show. I don't think the Adam story ever had a real purpose or real support from Pissy--it was a one-eppy-per week filler story. I liked Tom Degnan, but the story sucked. And it was really off-putting, trying to show Adam as "redeemed" simply 'cause he'd built homes in war-torn countries and then faked his own death to his family.

I'm not really looking forward to Pelphrey, but if his fans show up in the ratings, I'll swallow my pride and welcome it.

Kelly must be busy---I haven't seen her around PGP as much either.

• Members

Too busy to post lately, but I'm still loving the show. So excited about Tom Pelphrey!

I see the whinging is already back. Hunter is back, so what was that someone posted last week about him having been "dropped"? I bet no one will admit they were wrong about him being "dropped" though.

Chris Goutman had years to write good stories (it was never all JP), now all of a sudden he was this great writer because of a few weeks before Kreizman that were probably Kreizman's trial run anyway.

Archived