ATWT: November Discussion

• Members

Time to say goodbye to Brad Snyder. And to see if the good streak ATWT was on last month will continue. Supposedly this month's ratings will determine the show's future, so hope for the best.

And Carly's back! Welcome back Maura West, you've been missed.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember the first Brad, and Loprieno, and of course Austin Peck, but I don't remember the fill-in, Roy Eudon, at all.

I really liked the first Brad. I thought he was very sexy and it was one of the few times the insta-rivalries between brothers worked for me.

1988-ATWT-Brad-Jack-large.jpg

• Members

Yeah the whole funeral scenes did scream GL, but they were still good. As for Katie's appearance, she just lost her husband and gave birth. After all that I don't really expect her to look her best or like she would be on Oakdale Now.

Can't wait for all the Carly scenes tomorrow!

• Members

Better Kate without makeup than Reva punching out Jeff's picture. Yeah, there should have been more people there---Tom, EMMA, Meg, Lily, Luke (and the younger kids, Sage, Faith, etc) and probably Kim---but at least it felt like a "community" turn out--unlike Adam's funeral.

I liked that Henry showed up, even though he knew he wasn't welcome. *gasp* I even kind of like the Topperesque Henry/Brad scenes. (Or Ghostlike scenes, if you're not an old movie buff)

I felt so freakin' bad for Jack. Now Libby's all up on her horse, bad-mouthing the man who's been nothing but kind and loving to her.*rme* That apple didn't fall far from the tree.

YEAH!! Carly's HOME!!! *squeal* We seriously need a peeing pants emoticon. *grin*

• Members

Well...it's not like I exactly care what that little pipsqueak says...I'm all for her driving a wedge between Jack and Janet. I don't mind her having animosity, I just think she could and should be a little conflicted about it---look at Parker. Last year around this time, Brad was haulin' him around by the shirt, threatening to punch him out for "ahem"ing his 'little girl', and today all I hear is how much Parker "loves" Brad. I guess my real problem is Libby has never really established ties to the Snyder family (which I'm sure some don't mind..) and now she's acting as if she hasn't known Jack for the last year-plus.

• Members

Well, that's the thing. we never really saw Jack and Libby bond, which was pretty weird. They really have kept her in a weird Parker centric bubble. I generally forget that she's a member of the Snyder family and related to Jack by blood. And ultimately, I guess I am ok with it. I don't much like the actress and I would be more than happy if she would leave town to go to college.

• Members

They were the best brother duo..IMO. The first Brad rocked and don't know why he was replaced. I hated Loperino and Peck in the role. I tolerated Peck more than Loperino though.

I hated the funeral!! Where the hell was everybody?...UGH!!! Emma, Meg, Lily, Luke, Tom, Kim and Bob??? My gosh why have the f u c k i n g funeral if you arent including everyone. And no mention of Lyla??? A pure travesty!!!!

Blocking all of that out of my mind the show was actually good. I am glad Katie looked like s h i t. I was happy she was shown that way. She is still in denial/shock. Her scenes with Jacob at the hospital were nicely done. I felt pain for Katie and her loss. The whole Henry and Brad stuff wasnt liking it that much.

Another hearbreaking moment was Jack remembering his time with Brad as teenagers. The background cue music and the flashback with Jack remembering were touching. And his look on his face as Katie was speaking at the funeral(naming the baby after him) was heartbreaking. Then the icing on the cake was seeing Carly at the end with Jack.

Tomorrows show should be even better than today's.

• Members

Lopreino was miscast and the story was poorly written. The show at that time was a bit oddly written anyway. I remember a plot point surrounding Carly being caught doing ab crunches.

I believe the first Brad left because his daughter had special needs and he couldn't work out a schedule to help her and work on the show, so he abruptly left. It was really a waste, I thought he had chemistry with everyone and the character did not work well without him. They were probably right to completely redo his personality when he returned, although I never could get used to Brad now being the younger brother.

I was watching some of Oakdalian's episodes and one from late 1998 had Brad with Jack and one of the other stories was Katie trying to get into Eddie man's pants. No one at the time would imagine 11 years later she'd be his widow.

• Members

Nick Kotkosis (? Brad numero uno) left to take care of his daughter. Lorprieno was slimy to the extreme, and completely miscast. ATWT was also in the process of dumping Lorraine Broderick, Laiman was coming on as HW, and they did some housecleaning.

Long story short---Reid/David had broken up Jack/JuliaI, Carly had been blackmailed into marriage by Brad (to save Camille's life---Michael Sabatino played a husband Brad had wronged who blackmailed him for money). Carly and Jack started drifing back together, and Brad was getting jealous. Carly promised Jack she'd ask for a divorce, but lied about why he was blackmailing her. When Carly admitted she hadn't asked for a divorce, Jack got mad and blew her off, Carly ended up sleeping with Brad. Jack came back the next morning and apologized, and Carly faked a back injury to avoid making love to Brad again. Brad ended up catching on, but forgave her. He then ended up catching Jack and Carly at the boathouse (post coital, thanks to Camille) and proceeded to blow up Carly's life. After exposing Parker's paternity to Hal and Rosanna, and their session in bed to Jack, Brad blew town with Rosanna.

• Members

Thanks for all that. I remember the climax to the story. I also liked the story after that when Carly and Jack made the lie bet. I liked Carly and Jack a lot back then. I lost some interest when Sheffer arrived because I felt like he had a hostility towards the Jack character and I just didn't want to get invested in the stories. I've really been impressed with Park and the writing recently and I'm hoping this upcoming story will be a big moment for the character.

The married woman was played by Guiliani's then wife, right?

• Members

I think Sheffer had hostility toward any man with a conscience. He came on board, and suddenly Hal was a mensch, Holden was in Siberia so MB could play Rose, Jack couldn't match Craig's "wit", and Mike Kasnoff was a walking orgasm-maker (okay, maybe his reTOOLized Mike wasn't that far from originally written...)

Dude...my memory's not that good. I thought Guiliani's wife made appearances on GL? As like a judge?

Oh, I forgot---today I couldn't believe Margo went back to being a complete BEYOTCH to Maddie! Blahblahblah, Maddie's "family" is responsible for KATE's pain. SOfriggin'WHAT?! Maddie had nothing to do with it. And it's not her fault "preciousAdam" ain't in town. Blahblah Adam chose to leave. No matter what part Casey and Maddie played in it, it was still Adam's choice.

• Members

I liked the bet story too Carl and I loved how it ended with Carly not only being able to keep the mysterious money she found and get engaged to Jack. Unfortunately typical of most of West's maternity leaves, Carly was blackmailed by some stranger into leaving Oakdale "forever" without saying goodbye and led to that whole Winston Lowe/Hong Kong mess or whatever it was. I believe Laiman was behind that. As for Brad and Rosanna, god I use to hate Rosanna back in the day, especially '98-'99. She was such a stupid hypocrite as bad as Carrie Brady in some ways, blaming Carly for her gambling addiction or whatever. I loved how Molly insulted her when she first met Rosanna. Ro was wearing some very plain farm clothes and Molly said "Aren't you supposed to be my rich cousin?"

And btw, her name is Katie! Is Kate supposed to make her sound more mature like Cricket/Christine?

Archived