ATWT: November Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ruxton - don't you know that Noah's upcoming dramatic story where Silbermann gives his emmy winning performances is going to save this show? Nuke is the only reason why anyone watches ATWT. The sooner you accept that, the better. (Being sarcastic of course!)

I'm so glad to see Maura back. She's my favorite actress on the show.

• Members

Ugh...I don't remember when Ali changed her hair again...it seems like it gets progressively worse though. I'm surprised that girl's hair hasn't fallen out with all these radical changes.

Now today's show...bbbooorrrrrrinnnnngggg. Though I did manage to stare in wonder as Pelphrey got through an entire episode without screaming at anyone.

The only thing marginally interesting was the Katie/Dr.Bob talk.

• Members

Just catching up on yesterday: I'm so glad that Em/Hunter connection has been brought to life again. Line of the day Em's response to Hunter saying seduction is out of his skill set. EM: "You're a guy, aren't you? You've got my DNA. All you've got to do is let it out!"

• Members

I didn't find yesterday's show as bad as you did.

I hate to say it, but if there's some magic number that will keep ATWT on the air, it's probably in the 18-34 demo, which we have no chance of raising. I haven't given up all hope, but I think there are more factors at work than simply how many "eyeballs" are watching the show. How LMAD does and ultimately if Oprah goes to cable among them.

• Members

A while back I had heard that a 2.1(household) was the magic number for ATWT The thing is that ATWT could easily accomplish that with good storytelling. The Brad death should have been part of it plus more intriguing stories. Instead the Brad death has lost steam and fast. Where was everyone at Brad's funeral. Where was Kim and Bob? Where was Tom? Where was Emma?? Why tell a story if you are not going to play all the beats and use all the necessary characters in your story? Brad going all around town and spooking Henry is just stupid. Jack going away was suppose to be moving instead it is lame and boring. Tom Pelphrey joining the show wont make any difference in the ratings. He didnt bring them up for GL so why would he for ATWT. All the rest of the storylines on ATWT are boring. The Nuke story is just lame. The remotes for Jack's trip so far have been coma inducing. Seriously, Goutman has lost all grip with what makes a good soap. The man is going to cancel yet another show and so is David Kreitzman....

Btw ...what does Oprah going to cable have to do with ATWT?? I did hear Oprah wants it to go to cable.

• Members

I've given up on them ever bringing Lyla back. She was needed in this story, especially since she lost her husband right after Katie was born. And I wanted more between them because ten years later I'm still angry at how they trashed Lyla as a mother to try to generate sympathy for Katie in her awful early days.

• Members

It took DAYS an entire year to climb to the 2.1 range from their low. If CBS expects us to get there in three months (from what I recall, that's the rumored timetable they supposedly gave GL on Phil's return), it's not going to happen. Not with Carly's return, StudPelphrey or Nuke getting an apartment and humping in it three days a week. It's a slow process to regain the viewers they've lost. DAYS is proving it can be done, but it's a process. I'm not sure CBS has it in them to make that commitment. Especially if LMAD gathers steam.

The Oprah thing---it's just my speculation that a fair amount of CBS affiliates run Oprah. I'm not sure how it works, but if CBS was facing filling two hours of time in the next year, they might see value in keeping ATWT around. But again, it's only my speculation.

• Members

What it all comes down to is that Goutman nor Krietzman are invested in giving us, the viewers, what we want. Goutman doesnt know how to tell a good storyline anymore. Why cant anyone at ATWT come up with a storyline that ripples through the canvas and uses all of their precioius vets??? Ghost Brad....UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....really is that all Goutman could come up with??? Jack's getaway.....YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Archived