ATWT: November Discussion

• Members

I never liked Yvonne Perry's Rosanna. I hate "oh what a burden it is to be rich" stories on principle, and she was just dull and dry. Yvonne seemed better when Rosanna was a more open witch later on.

I'm surprised Maddie is still there, I thought she was on a limited run. I hope they can put her to good use, Alexandra has done a great job since her return.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was a kid when Yvonne Perry came on as Rosanna. I remember loving Rosanna, and loving to hate Carly. YP was a favorite of mine back then. I still remember the giddy feeling I got when Perry reprised the role shortly after leaving (something about Rosanna having to testify and being a total bizznatch to Carly).

The funeral was just wrong on so many levels. I give mad props to whoever wrote the episode; they did amazing. But the set-up in general was horrible. Snyders would fall out of the woodwork if the character of Emma were to meet a tragic end (hell, TWO returned for Holden's FAKE funeral), but only TEN (eleven, counting lurking-Jack) people show up to Brad's?? Ironic that Oakdale Now did a piece on how everyone behind-the-scenes had shed many a tear, but none showed..not even Kim or Bob. Emma, Lyla, Dolores, Meg....those were all the in-your-face noticeable absences (even my mom noticed!). I also hated the fact that it started so late (wtf? People show up on time for a funeral; they don't put off going!) and it irked me that Craig, of all people, was in the front row! Yet Liberty (Brad's DAUGHTER) sat a row behind them. Doesn't family..only..usually sit up front?

Liberty's bitchy attitude was a bit too much. I get the fact that she might blame Jack, but to be so cruel to his face...and then again, with Katie only a few feet away, at her dad's funeral? I would've slapped her.

I'm guessing Brad's name choice was on the post-it? Whatever the case, it was a great name choice.

ITA, Ron. Nursery scenes were nicely done. HOWEVER, I have to disagree with you about the scene with youngBrad and youngJack. I don't even think Brad and Jack grew up in Oakdale, but I might be wrong. The whole thing was a bit cheesy, IMO. I did like the part, though, where Jack said "not always".

Michael Park is doing an AMAZING job. I'm floored, actually. I don't think he's had such emotional material before...and he's running with it!!

Do we really need Rosanna and Craig lovey-dovey-ness at a funeral? Gag me.

P.J., ICAM about Maddie/Margo.

Casey needs a haircut. Horribly bad. This whole "wet weasel" look isn't very appealing.

The scenes between Brad and Henry were pretty funny. (Did anyone else think the "Brad walking through the door" preview for tomorrow looked HORRENDOUSLY coated with special effects and a green screen? SOOO noticeable!!)

And lastly, it was really nice to see the former Katie and Alison friendship recognized (during the phone call at the start of the episode and again, by Margo, at the funeral). I don't know if it was intentional, but if it was, I applaud TPTB for remembering a friendship from 4 or 5 years ago.

• Members

Personally, I think it's time. Calling someone in their 30's Katie just doesn't work for me. It's like calling a grown man Tommy. I wouldn't mind if one or two people keep calling her Katie like Maybe Margo or Henry, but over all I welcome the change to Kate.

I also think the show should pair Kate and Dusty down the road. Teri and Dusty seems too much like a poor man's Lucy/Dusty.

• Members

The same argument about Dusty/Dustin could be made. I know I have heard it all my life. And I believe Lisa or John, one, used to call Dusty by Dustin. It might just be that one character in general has started calling Katie by Kate. (Although, I don't see why they wouldn't call her by her birth name of Kathryn if they think Katie sounds too young.)

Today's episode was great. The dialogue was sooo good and the actors put their all into it. A real improvement.

Loved the CarJack scenes. Him saying that she's good at walking away; Maura West's "stung-Carly" look that she always gives. It was awesome.

Michael Park's voiceover playing over the scenes of him driving....wonderfully done!!!

Liberty: still wanta smack her.

I haven't seen Mick Hazen act that excited in a while. I thought he was gonna bust a smile muscle when Parker saw his mom.

The awkard tension during the scenes with Carly/Craig/Rosanna were well done, although I couldn't care less about Carly with anyone except Jack. And I thought it was humorously ironic when Craig suggested a funeral was the perfect place to discuss his love for Rosanna. Yeah, it is, because if he had his way 3 or 4 years ago, you'd be in the cemetary outside.

Terri Colombino's doing an amazing job. I don't think I've ever seen her bust out of her "life's a dream" cheeky grin since she came on the show...unless she was hot, sweaty, and in a life-threatening predicament....or crying after being dumped by Mike or Simon. It's about time they matured the character.

• Members

Some days I have more trouble getting on-site than others...and I've been post-binging everywhere else about Carly's return...LOL.

GOD, Michael and Maura rock together!! Carly showed more compassion in five minutes for her ex than Jan has shown the entire summer...criminy, if she's not harping on his "drinking", she whines that Jack didn't come and sit by her during Brad's service. Wo-man--STFU! Better yet, slap some sense into your little brat's empty head.

And on a purely shallow level, Maura's glowing. And it was nice to see Carly have a happy reunion with Parker!

I even liked the squirming, just crapped a load in my shorts look both Craig and Rosanna wore throughout Carly's speeches. I may need some vodka to get through tomorrow and Thursday, but I'm looking forward to Friday!

The only part that wore a little bit for me was the Brad/Henry stuff. Yeah, it's cutesy...we get it.

I will admit, I liked the Jack/Katie scene where she insists she doesn't blame Jack and neither would Brad. And that both she and Carly know Jack well enough to know he's being harder on himself than anyone else. Why Jan doesn't know that, I can only imagine.

I wouldn't mind the sudden shift to KATE, if it were explained or reasoned out. Like Katie suddenly barked at everyone she didn't want to hear anyone call her Katie since she could never hear Brad say it again. It's just that "suddenly" all her friends are interspercing "Kate" with "Katie", as if they've gone back and forth her entire life. No one's ever shortened it to KATE, it's occassionally been Katherine if they were being serious. It's not exactly like hauling out "Dustin" to show someone has a long history with Dusty, or even how Jan was the only one to use "Bradley" when she talked about their ancient relationship. It's a leap without a real reason behind it. Other than TIIC might want to make KATE seem more mature now that's she's a mother.

• Members

Not a fan?...lol

I havent commented on the last two episodes. I think Maura looks fantastic!! Jack driving off while Janet read his goodbye note was nicely done. I seriously dont know why they waste their time with Nuke. They are so stale and so boring. Instead they should write more for Lucinda, Barbara or Bob/Kim. The show is still good but was missing Jack on todays show.

And Silbermann can get worse and he probably will before he is let go or the show is gone.

• Members

Ha...I was banned for it!! It seems Vans board is dwindling. I use to be a fan of Nuke but the loons at the board really turned me off to them(of course Jake's acting along with the pairing being stale didnt help either). There's more to ATWT than Nuke. I wish ATWT would just get rid of the them.

• Members

Just when you think the Nuke stories can't get any lamer....they do. I don't think it's even about the quality of the acting any more---it seems no matter what actors you throw in with them, no one can make it work.

That said---I LOL when Luke made the connection to him and Noah in that scene. (And I promised myself I wouldn't make any "hhmmmmn...I guess Luke's the b!tch in that relationship. He's naggy and being played by a woman" jokes.)

Snort----between Craig, Ro and Lily, it was hard to decide who deserved the least sympathy. The faithless wife (who is still protesting "giving up" a man she says she doesn't love) or the cheatin' spineless duo. I hope Carly bitch slaps them both until her hands break off.

• Members

I didn't get to watch much of the Nuke scenes. Mom likes to skip through them. :P

I wish I could've skipped through Damian/Lily/Holden Merry-Go-Round #436 today. How many times can Lily cry that she doesn't want her marriage to Holden ended, knowing good and well she'll melt into a naked, slutty mess when Damian comes around?!!!

Carly's heartfelt speeches to Rosanna and Craig were a little overkill. We get it; they're guilty. But they're going to continue flucking anyways... so what's the point?

Sage still annoys me. <_< It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make her sound like a total seven year old when she's clearly supposed to be ten or eleven. (Although Sage is technically supposed to be six). Maybe they SORAS'd the actress, but kept the same character immaturity.

Meg massaging Damian....classic psycho-stalker fashion: priceless!! And wtf has happened to Paolo? He used to be smokin' in the 90's.

Officer Grady's sudden return: random (yet another loose end TIIC decided to tie up months later), but good for shock value. I find his whole schpill a little hard to believe though. Too many people on the force/search team and back in Oakdale repeated/heard the report that Holden was dead. It just doesn't make any sense (IMO).

Archived