ATWT: November Discussion

• Members

If they just want the show gone then they would have kept the writers they already had. It's not like they were valiantly fighting to save ATWT and had to be replaced.

I can't say the show seems a lot more unrealistic to me now than it did before the writing change. The Z twins, mystery viruses that makes Chris Hughes strip naked, chips implanted in brains, Gwen's hick doppleganger.

The show is uneven and I fast forward more than I watch but I think some of it is working. I think the Jack story is probably the strongest part of the show for me right now. I do wish they'd kept Adam around, but otherwise, it's about where it was not long ago. I agree that a few months ago was stronger but I also feel like that was a time when a lot of stories were naturally peaking. There was nowhere to go but down.

Most of all I think they need to clear a lot of driftwood, mostly under 30, which seems unlikely. I need Teri to go now. She is possibly the most boring character ever on this show. Sarah Kasnoff, look out.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But you got to say Chris Hughes looked hot naked....hehe

I just ff Teri. I agree she needs to go along with the rest of the under 30. I'd keep all the vets and fire most of the young set except for maybe Casey. Bring back Molly and Mike on a full bases. Oh and put Henry on recurring. There is way too much Henry. He cant carry this show.

• Members

I think Henry should stay on contract, just less airtime (and a few more shirtless scenes). Put him in more scenes with Barbara.

I would keep Casey, and Maddie, and recast Allison (if it's true MS is leaving), otherwise write most of them out. I don't dislike Nuke but I think they could use a break as the show seems to have no idea what to do with them.

I would also write out Lily and Damian, and perhaps bring in Sierra to fill the void of a Walsh daughter. Or bring back Bianca.

I would write Meg out and bring back Ellie.

And bring back Frannie, if they need a woman in that age range. Meg and Lily aren't cutting it.

• Members

If Carly starts daydreaming she's a superhero, Emily becomes a lesbian, and Barbara marries a blowhard ex-SuperAgent and gives birth at 50-plus, I'll be right there calling for Kriezman's ouster. (I won't even bring up first cousins having sex..) Until then, he can't be worse than Pissy. If he only suggested putting an end to the endless Paul begs Meg and acts completely crazy storyline---that's more than enough reason for me to thank God for the man.

• Members

I mean, I buy being skeptical of the guy---but damn, Wheeler's the one who didn't reign him in. It's not like he's going to be dusting off old Josh/Cassie scripts and reuniting Holden and Carly. THANK GOD. If this had happened last year---who knows? :lol:

• Members

I stop watching GL for several years (exception the last week) so I am not really familiar with DK writing. However, I am not impressed at all. Outside of a few historic references, the writing has been a bit choppy, a couple of unnecessary rewrites and in some storylines (Janet/Teri/Dusty and the 20 something set) downright boring.

I know I have a tendency to get so caught up into the acting, that I bypass a lot of lazy or idiotic writing. And now that the cancellation rumors are full-force, I too have a tendency to try to be really nice and not criticize the show as much. Even though, I really don't find one storyline entertaining or poignant. My concern is that even if DK doesn't do any major over the top storylines, his focus on the few characters he obviously likes isn't going to interest the majority of viewers, which means we will still be back at square one.

• Members

ATWT has always had an unrealistic appeal to it. Need I remind you all of the spa, where Carly, Emily, and Rose were all turned into old women? Or what about the countless "there's no way he could've possibly survived, but oh wait, here he is again" James Stenbeck resurrections. Some shows feature storylines that boast a real situation, but in a more dramatic context; others feature storylines with situations that are melodramatic, to say to the least, but still make for good television. Bottom line is: If soaps weren't unrealistic at some point, they wouldn't be soaps.

I think there are things that can be changed on any show. You can find fault in nearly anything if you look close enough; I just think people, especially ATWT fans (recently), try to find to much fault. And that either sours possible viewers from tuning in or makes current viewers question why they're watching it in the first place.

Once you hit the top, the only way to go is down. I feel that, as soap fans, we don't give enough credit to the hard work and dedication to the people that daily bring our soaps to life. Instead, we take their presence and their dedication for granted. And before we know it, we've lost one of our own. I think a major reason why soaps are a dying genre is because of fans' lack of faith in their shows. Yes, loss of faith can be attributed to bad decisions made my corporations and broadcast companies and executives, but the worst decision of all is losing faith in a show without giving it time to find its weaknesses and work them out.

IMHO, ATWT has been on an upswing since the end of the summer. And yes, there are several things I would like to either see more of, or see less of, but I'm not going to damn my favorite show to cancellation hell just because there are things wrong with it. Criticism is a good thing; it shows one's passion about something. Lately, though, I think some fans have went too far. They've gone from giving passionate feedback to cruel, vindictive criticism. And that, I think, is the #1 thing wrong with As The World Turns today.

• Members

FLOVED today's episode (minus a certain couple, anyway!)

Oh, how sweet was it to see Jack get the better of Simon?

I kind of like CrazyMeg. Or at least her having Damian by the balls.

And PrincessLily getting her dander up over Molly! Wooot...here come the claws, people!

Tomorrow's previews....hot, hotter, HOTTEST!!! YAY!!!

• Members

LOL PJ...excited much??biggrin.gif

I actually liked today's show minus the shaky camera. The CERTAIN couple didnt bother me. I was just glad Noah stopped Luke from kissing him...LMAO.

I'm loving Crazy Meg. I am feeling a attempted murder mystery where Meg is concerned. You heard it here first...lol.

Molly brings a fresh air to the show.

Floved Kim and Molly today.

The only thing I liked about tomorrows previews were Carly taking Jack's shirt off and Janet catching them in bed....hehe

Archived