ATWT: November Discussion

• Members

I couldn't stand Katie when she was in the Georgia/Eddie quagmire. I loathed her on principle because they trashed Lyla to try to generate pity for her. This was only made worse when they bungled the story of her learning that Margo had killed her father, which ended up being an afterthought to yet another condom scheme against Eddie Man.

The whole thing was a bust, and she was lucky not to be written out. It was the scheming with I thought Henry which really saved Katie. That whole WOAK story, going after Holden, it tapped into Katie's desperation and sense of comedy.

That was my favorite Katie storyline. I liked her with Simon but eventually she became much too "cute" and too desperate. Ever since then she's been going from man to man to man. I do like that they're having her go through this grieving process over Brad, and that we might see her mature somewhat. I liked the scene where she started shrieking about how much she hated Brad, because he'd left her alone. Henry and Katie both have a tendency to get loud, but it worked there.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Highs and lows on Thanksgiving....

...I do kind of like that not everything's "happy" in Oakdale. Margo and Katie were underwhelmed at Craig and Ro's engagement, and Carly later wished them well, but told them she was done with the both of them, reducing Ro to tears. Jan was relieved at Jack's return, but obviously not happy and shared a glowering glance with Dusty. Meg's scheming her ass off and Lily was depressed at her children (at least two of them, IDK what happened to Faith) spending part of the day with Holden. Noah was on a major 'tude streak.

...but Jack did come home, delighting his kids (if not Libby, if her pout was any indication). Johnny was happy having a "backwards" Thanksgiving, which meant he got dessert first.

...it was WONDERFUL seeing Nancy. I kind of teared up as she talked to Katie, knowing Helen Wagner lost her husband this year, and Nancy brought up Chris Sr. "being around all the time", which was sweet.

...some of the missing was kind of odd. Tom and Casey in particular. The "HUGHES" Thanksgiving consisted of Margo and Nancy. No Kim or Bob.

...and saving the best for last, when Jack stubbornly balked at going home again, Carly blew up at him and declared she was going home to her family, even if she had to shovel her way there (thanks to an impending snowstorm.) And we saw Jack meet a little girl who missed her dad (for some reason) and he obviously relented.

And IA---I was SHOCKED to see a retooled version of the Snyder parlor.

It was even kind of sad seeing GhostBrad sitting at the Snyder family table while everyone else was witnessing the annual Hubbard squash cutting.

I know Skatie fans probably loved the end, but I could have done with more family stuff and saved the actual meeting for Monday. I'd have been okay with just seeing that someone was watching Katie, for example.

I was a little annoyed Carly zoomed out of the Snyders oddly, though she did get a thanks from Emma for bringing Jack home (BONUS--that annoyed Jan!). But then Parker brought her some Thanksgiving and they shared a quiet moment together. *awwwww*

• Members

I couldnt have said it better PJ. Let me add the picture frame of the Hughes that Margo and Nancy looked at was touching.

I was never really a Skatie fan but the ending was nicely done. It gave us most of the families in Oakdale celebrating Thanksgiving...budget ..I know..and a cliffhanger to have viewers tune in on Monday.

• Members

I just watched a little bit of it...the Nancy/Katie scene mostly. See, I get tired of Katie being the only person Nancy really has scenes with anymore, but in a way, I can't not love their scenes. I've read interviews with T. Columbino where she says that she grew up watching ATWT and always wanted to have her own Nancy Hughes to go to for guidance, so it's nice to see this type of stuff every now and then. HW looks fab, and of course, it's a crying shame that we don't get to see her more often. I don't need a big epic Nancy romance, just have her popping up and being a shoulder to lean on and a voice of reason for most people. I've always wanted a Nancy/Maddie interaction, but idk if they'll ever go there.

• Members

Loved yesterday's show, with a few exceptions. :D

The good:

*So nice to see Nancy again. It's a treat everytime she's on screen.

*Loved the scenes between Margo and Katie. That is the Margo I love, and I wish we could see more of her.

*The expressions on Katie and Margo's faces when Craig and Rosanna announced their engagement were hilarious.

*Practically every scene with Carly was great. Maura has a tendency to outshine most everyone, no matter who they are. Thank god she's back!!

*Lovely to see Emma again.

*Luke and Noah's scenes were sweet too. I'm glad Noah eased up on the woe-is-me attitude. It's understandable, but still.....

*Parker going home to spend Thanksgiving with his mother. They're really trying to redeem him after the whole emancipation stuff.

The bad:

*Meg. Although crazy Meg is much more entertaining than goody two shoes Meg, they're going a bit overboard with it.

*Teri. Why is she even around? Talk about useless, unnecessary character.

*Lily & Damian going to the farm. Just when I thought Lily couldn't get any worse, she outdoes herself. Flaunting this relationship in front of Holden and Emma like that. And Damian is just disgusting.

*A Hughes' Thanksgiving with only Margo and Nancy. Where were Bob, Kim, Tom, Casey or Lisa?

Archived