ATWT: November Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still watching episodes from a week or two back. I really liked that Rosanna/Carly confrontation after Carly found out the truth about Craig and Rosanna. I wish they'd had a scene to themselves. Maura was great and really put the spark in those scenes. Cady can have such a glossy, sometimes empty tone when she plays this part (with the way the writers use the character as a tool, I can't blame her), but she had some fire in her when she snapped back with the comment about how she's not the one who does things to get back at people, that's Carly. That was such a Rosanna moment, and a really powerful moment from Cady McClain.

I don't want to see more Rosanna/Carly wars but I was reminded of how well Cady and Maura can work together when they get a chance.

• Members

Sigh...floving the Jack and Carly stuff, especially without a whole mess of interlopers like CheatingBastardCraig. It was fun to see Jack lighten up a bit when Carly produced Craig's credit card to buy an expensive suit. Not to mention Jack's terse phone convo with Jan. *twirls*

Could have done without the loudmouth Ciccone sisters and their new lapdog Dusty.

Eh...even GhostBrad et al wasn't too bad today. It was kind of sweet, him teaching that song to Henry to sing to Jacob.

LOL...Moll's picking up right where she left off--dropping her robe at the first available man...

• Members

Hey PJ! I actually lurk quite a bit. I still watch the show everyday (at least, when I remember to turn off my VCR) but ATWT has been kinda sucking in the last couple of weeks. I really don't really care to comment on stuff I don't find the least bit interesting.

Jack & Carly together didn't annoy me for once, but I find it very odd that they act as if Carly & Simon never had an affair.

I also wonder if Molly will ever find out if Carly & Holden had an affair...in any case, I really enjoyed the Holden & Molly scenes, even if Holden is being a hypocrite and Molly is being totally irrational and stupid about her affair with a married man.

Janet/Terry/Dusty...blah...the only good thing is that Dusty doesn't annoy me nearly as much as he used to.

The Henry/Katie/Brad scenes are so much more tolerable now that Audrey is gone. Still...there's something about Austin Peck's acting that bugs me. I just don't find Brad to be an attractive character at all. I did enjoy the part where Brad smashed that pot on that guy's head. ATWT is becoming so Days of Our Lives right now.

• Members

LOL...oh, honey, Jack clearly remembers why he hates Simon. The moment Mike brought up Simon's name, Jack got this sick look on his face and started complaining. Carly thinks it's nuts, and even yesterday when Carly wouldn't just leave when Jack was trying to send her packing, she opinioned that Jack thought she still had a thing for Simon.

I think it's just a little awkward to try and make Jack jealous of Carly's fling with Simon two years and two men (including Holden) back.

What I think is odd is that Jack has obviously figured out Carly knows about Craig and Rosanna---but they're avoiding that subject alltogether.

• Members

SpiritualJunkie, you might be FF'ing a bit too much if you haven't caught the repeated mentions of Simon and Carly having been together, lol.

I like Barbara being drawn into the Mick story, including using her cancer as well as an allusion to the affair with Henry. This Barbara involvement adds fuel to the speculation that Mick is somehow connected to James Stenbeck. I think the nosebleed means Mick has some kind of terminal disease, although what that has to do with anything I'm not sure. I am loving Mick and TP's dancing eyes and smile. I don't think his "restraint" is really so remarkable for people who gave him a chance as Jonathan all the way through GL -- Jonathan was never always yelling, always jumping around, etc, he had many subtle scenes -- and he still has his trademark charisma.

I agree that Damian was too eager to jump into bed with Meg after she blackmailed him, with the whole ripping the shirt off thing. But I agree with SJ that I like how they are showing Damian as multidimensional and not evil.

Van Hansis is doing great acting as a concerned, guilty Luke. The tough talk from the social worker to Noah was great. Love the adoption twist, and Noah's resistance to it then relenting. Love the topical insertion of health insurance into the story. Jake Silbermann is doing only okay acting though in trying to portray angry, blind Noah.

I love that Molly is coming back to Oakdale with Holden. I wasn't expecting that. I didn't like her New York story that much though.

The Brad ghost story is getting good now that Katie is believing and he can move some things. Liked Margo's talk to Katie about Katie's father Casey.

Casey, Alison, and Maddie should be concerned about Noah. They are supposed to be Luke and Noah's friends. I hope the show will not forget about this. Maybe they just haven't heard yet.

Overall, ATWT continues to be solid!

• Members

^^^IA, it would be wonderful to have all the twentysomethings interact with Noah now. Everyone except Hunter has a connection to him. It would alleviate some of the isoloated feeling of both the Nuke and 20ishQuad stories.

• Members

I don't think Nuke has shared a story with teens since sometime early this yr./late last yr. Talk about isolating the problem!

Thursday:

Why the hell was Luke talking about a jelly stain on the doctor's tie? It made no sense, it wasn't funny, and it was totally random.

I love how Katie carries around poor Jacob like a bag of potatoes. Any idiot can clearly see that there is no baby underneath that blue blanket. If there was, he'd be dying of suffocation, his head nearly engulfed in the blanket and pressed up against Katie's breast.

FLOVED, FLOVED, FLOVED Margo and Katie's talk about Casey. It was A LOT later than I would've expected (no one even mentioned it when Katie was moaning about her baby not growing up with a father.....uh, hello, you didn't either), but it was still nice to hear them reminiscing about him.

Friday:

LMAO at Carly waving Craig's credit card around. That whole scene was a riot!

Karina and Richardson? I feel like I'm in one of those spy movies... Maura West talking in such a distinguished accent. LOL! Can I also add she was SMOKIN' during the art gallery scenes?!!!!

Metro sure is empty these days. I remember when ATWT actually hired actors and actresses to sit in the background during those scenes. What are they called again? Extras? Oh yeah... :P

LMAO at the "one friend" comment made about Katie. I think it was GhostBrad that said it. Whoever it was, they were spot. on.

Molly, Molly, Molly.....how I've missed you!! Dropping your robe in front of Holden.... Sex-AY!

The Katie/Brad dream was very nicely done...(speaking from a technical aspect)

CarJack!! :wub: I loved their dancing scene......til CreepSimon cut in. <_< Damn, they just keep teasing us!!

P.J.-- Any idea about the supposed "bar on the roof" that played the song CarJack reminisced about?? Did that ever actually happen? Because from what I could tell, the song that was playing is a fairly new one sung by Colbie Caillat...

• Members

I think the only story Nuke shared with Casey/Ali is the election scandal, which come to think about it was a year ago. But Casey was a part of the Ameera story---and Maddie slept with Noah. But since all Maddie seems to do is play computer games with Hunter (only having ONE scene with Henry, even though she seems to be living with him) I doubt Maddie will even hear about Noah's accident. TIIC are wasting Alex Chando's "return".

We never saw the scene Jack and Carly were referring to. While the song used on the show is "Falling for You" by Cobie, they used a different song in a preview CBS put out, and no one can figure out that song.

Don't get me started on AsshatAussie. Not that I ever forgot why I loathed him, but he ruined my Carjack moment. :angry:

• Members

I think it is practically impossible for ATWT to delivery any emotional performance that viewers will care about if the story-lines are so unrealistic and unbelievable. Let's look back at the last couple weeks - someone saves a Ben Franklin impersonator from committing suicide from a tall building in downtown Philadelphia, wins a nascar race (even though he is not a race car driver), finds an art dealer by randomly showing up at a museum in Pittsburgh and is able to talk the museum into letting him take a look at their 'database'. What a crock!?! Another character shows up with a potion that can promise a fountain of youth. Another character goes blind after a fireworks accident (knowing the show, how long will that last - 3 episodes???) There was a noticeable improvement in their writing about 2 months ago - I assume this was when the new co-writer came on board - but now we are back where we started from - rock bottom.

What is next for ATWT - a TEENAGE VAMPIRE STORYLINE or a WEREWOLF terrorises Oakdale?

• Members

I think that's a harsh assessment---I think the writing is on the upswing. If Brad had died under Pissy's solo writing, I almost doubt we'd be getting any fallout. Look at Jen's death---tragic, beautiful, and other than Dusty, there was very little long term fallout, other than Johnny's endless custody battles. Her family barely mourned.

Just because the situations are a little silly, I don't think it undercuts the truth of the situation---Jack is running, desperately trying to "fix" what he's done. He ultimately can't see the truth--just being in Oakdale, reaching out to Katie (like he's done to BenFranklin, Mike and Molly) IS the way to help her. Jack's grief isn't less real because he's out of town driving race cars or jumping off roofs.

• Members

I hate that the GL writer's have been given the job of bringing down As the World Turn's. The writing on this show has taken a sudden unrealistic nosedive. Why would any network hire writer's that ran a show into the ground to revive another one. I don't think they did. I think they want this show gone because of the cost factor and these writer's are getting paid dearly to finish this show off.

Archived