DAYS: Discussion for the month of November

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha, far from it. but i dont believe it needs to be. it is what it needs to be. a solid soap opera telling soap opera storylines. it isnt trying to be what its not (hello general sopranos). its doing what Y&R and others cant seem to do because they dont have a long term plan, and it shows.

its simple. basic. good.

but not perfect. a lot could be improved on. the acting is good, not steller. the production leaves much to be desired. they could use more sets. but story wise? yeah, its near perfect IMHO. for me anyways. characters i love and care about dealing with issues, family and friends interacting, interesting new people, twists and turns, human emotion. days is bringing it. no not everyone will love it or even like it, some hate it. but whats good and whats bad is all in the eye of the person watching.

• Members

Is James Reynolds fully recovered from those health problems he had a while back? It seems like we have not seen James Reynolds on screen in MONTHS, but I did see a spoiler

so hopefully he can be used more then. I don't know that Abe and Lexie's backburnering is about them being scared of writing for black people but just them not knowing what to write since their last attempt with that autism story was just a total bust. You would think though with Abe being a mayor and Lexie's DiMera ties there would be a lot of good stuff there potentially that they could do something besides have Lexie cheat on him. They hinted at that for a while and then that storyline was just dropped for some inexplicable reason and I wondered if James Reynolds' health was an issue.

I think people will understand Viv and Carly better once we finally get Viv-Carly scenes. Also, maybe Vivian, Carly and Justin are new faces to a lot of folks, but their story doesn't have them just on an island but instead has mainstays Bo, Hope and Victor a big part of it so I don't think viewers will have that hard of a time dealing with them. I see Days possibly dropping below GH since their ratings have been surging of late and DAYS has had its ratings fall off a little and some folks might tune in less as the baby switch storyline winds down, but I just don't see any kind of calamitous ratings collapse on the horizon just because Sami finally has her baby back.

• Members

This is terrific news! It is, finally, a small reversal of the trend to keep making daytime smaller and smaller. An extra airing on Soapnet really suggests that there is a little momentum.

It seems clear that the Tomlin era has earned Days an extra year or two. I doubt Soapnet would do this if they didn't know NBC was planning to renew the show.

• Members

There's no doubt that Days is in good shape but the network is being very strict about them meeting the ratings' expectations through March 2010. I think the show will no problem doing so, but every single week NBC is tracking the show closely. If they have a succession of bad weeks during this time, which won't happen because the show is on a ratings' roll, they are history. At least, that's what I was told by someone associated with the show in October. It's possible that has changed, but that's the info that I have.

• Members

The Sami/Nicole confrontation was PRICELESS. Fun, classically written soap. I ate it right up! Those slaps were just... awesome.

And I enjoyed the fact that the writing allowed for me to see Nicole's pain, to kinda understand why she did what she did. They didn't demonize her, like so many characters are.

• Members

The Nicole/Sami confrontation was a long time coming! Homegirl slapped that lying baby-stealer *twice.* Didn't see that coming at all. And just the other day I was thinking how ZZzzzz this is all coming along and 'maybe they should camp it up a bit', then TODAY happened and it truly didn't disappoint. With that said, so far I am not feeling this Bo/Carly stuff. It's boring as all hell, to be honest, and I could have lived without Carly's foolery--just for today.

• Members

Fan-freaking-tastic episode today. The Sami and Nicole showdown was better than I could have imagined. Wonderful acting by Ali and Ari and excellent dialog. We finally have some talented writers back working for Days that really do have to be commended. The slaps were great and looked very realistic and I loved how Nicole tried to deny everything at first, then finally was forced to admit the truth. I really hope Ari Zucker ends up with a lead actress emmy nomination for carrying the story this past year. She really has the episodes to pull it off.

I also enjoyed the Chloe scenes today. Having her realize she put the whole thing into motion was great. I had actually forgot about it. And I look forward to Chloe confronting her friend Nicole.

I'm very excited that Vivian is back in Salem and I actually really enjoyed her scenes today. Honestly, Louise Sorel could read the phone book and I would be enthralled. Also great ending with Bo receiving the phone call..

Days really is must see this November, I can't wait for tomorrow.

Archived