DAYS: Discussion for the month of November

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm so disappointed that this revelation is not an event, like the good ol days when secrets come out at parties. *sigh* I guess DAYS can't afford to do huge parties anymore. I just expected the moon for this storyline, especially the revelation/conclusion. I wanted it to be on par with Kristen getting busted in June of 1997 or Sami getting busted in Sept 07. I know, expected too much. :( It's just the set up was ALL there. :(

• Members

It still can be in it's own way. To be honest, I would rather it be this way because the focus is just on the characters involved. You can play all the beats and emotions and not have anything take away from that. That is why I like how the show revealed it in two parts. First, the Nicole miscarriage revelation and now the reveal that the babies were actually switched. It allowed the show to get the most mileage out of the story and allowed for Nicole to dig an even bigger hole for herself.

It's still an event (especially since you still have all the big showdowns). You don't need the whole cast there to make it an event. The event is the reveal itself. Also, how could you possibly reveal this at an event? What sort of an event? It's doubtful the whole town would want to gather for an event thrown by the Dimera's. The town hates them and it's not like Nicole is very popular. The thing with Kristen in 1997 was that people still thought she was good so they would come to an event held by her. Plus, she was marrying John, who was loved by everyone in town. You could make that work. You couldn't make this work without forcing the issue and making it look dumb.

The other thing too is that the story is not over yet. ;)

• Administrator

LOL How did I know I would get a reply from you as soon as hit 'Add Reply'. ;)

I know the story isn't over. Like I said months ago, I just wanted more. I'm sure they could've figured out some way for the main cast of this storyline to be at one location. Maybe I need to come to the realization that DAYS doesn't have the budget anymore for taping long days and having lots of cast members in an episode. So from now on, I won't be expecting that from DAYS because it's probably never going to happen again.

Look, I have no doubt that these upcoming scenes and revelations are going to be good.

• Members

I don't know how you would expect a reply from me when I barely post anymore LOL.

While budget holds the show back quite a bit now, I'm sure it would not have made a difference in this case. For reasons I pointed out, a big event would not have worked. It would've felt forced. The only way you could work it is if it was a New Year's Eve party or something because that is an event that could bring the canvas together. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense. Plus, as good as the Kristen reveal in 1997 was, the one thing missing was that we didn't get to play every beat. We never got as good of a Kristen/Jen showdown as we should've (everything Kristen did to Laura was basically tossed aside to get to the baby stuff). John and Kristen's reactions didn't feel played out. More time was spent on the buildup and the suspense over John believing Laura and Marlena then was spent on the reaction of John to it all, which was important since he was the primary person being deceived.

This baby switch is alot more emotionally complex then that one was to begin with, which is why playing it out the way they did was smart. We got to play all the reactions and nothing took away from that. A party would. This way we get to see the characters that carried this story fully play out all the beats as opposed to making everything an over the top, melodramatic circus that ends up deluding the impact on the story's principal players.

• Members

I love that this wasnt at an event and everyone found out at once. That is for shock and awe, always.

This way its all about sami, as it should be. rafe figured it all out and he should get the joy of telling her one on one. this is also something that should trickle throughout town. rafe should tell sami, make her believe it. then they should set out to find nicole and get the baby, along the way EJ finds out, stefano finds out the truth is coming out and freaks out. then everyone in town slowly figures out via gossip. mia, will, chad, chloe... down to bo, hope, maggie. so much more story this way. its very much about the characters and not the story or event, thankfully it looks like days is choosing this way to go.

as far as huge parties go you have to take into the fact that days has a super slashed budget and have to film 7 episodes in 5 days from 7-4. its just not possible.

• Administrator

Whenever I make a criticism, I can feel your foot steps behind me. LOL ;)

Yeah, this is good too.

Exactly. And that's why I will never expect DAYS to have huge parties anymore. It was totally my fault for not factoring this into the equation when I made my expectations.

Anyways, just because there wasn't a party, doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy the revelations (I hope). This has been my favorite storyline for the past year and Tomlin's been kicking major ass with it.

• Members

I would have loved a huge party on one hand, so i can sooo understand. on the other hand tho i just love how it gets to trickle throughout town. Kind of like news that Sydney isn't Nicole's child and that she faked the rest of her preg. I like it more, because it gives more scenes. I also hope we get to see a bo/hope scene reflecting how much they would like to have the chance to get zack back since they were pretty effected by sami losing grace.

Tomlin has been kicking ass. The entire cast had nothing but great things to say about him and how hands on he is.

• Members

Sami was pregnant in Sept 07 wasn't she? Are you referring to getting busted the previous year for the whole Lexie blackmail/Carrie-Austin deal? Honestly I thought that whole deal with the cake fight or whatever was pretty tame for a Sami reveal, but I love her showing up drunk to Carrie and Austin's wedding. Awww Anti-Brady, how I miss thee.

Anyway, I am SO right with you on wishing they had done a big event. Even if DAYS doesn't have the money to throw a big party or ball or something, even for sweeps, couldn't DAYS at least get a bunch of people together at the pub for Johnny and Allie's birthday party or something when they're gonna have the reveal happening?

• Members

Can't wait for the reveal. I've really enjoyed that we've had great cliffhangers all week. Tomlin is great with continually having strong cliffhangers. I'm a little bummed that it's not a big event. But I'm fine with the way it's going to go down. I think the next time we have a big group together will probably just be the Christmas episode.

• Members

what an episode.

Rafe telling Sami. Her being angry and denying it. Then realizing perhaps its true. Then putting it together. And finally accepting it and becoming overwhelmed with joy? Perfection. Sweeney played it all so well. She took sami from A to Z to C to Q an everywhere inbetween and back again. It didnt flow, and it shouldnt have. She was sad, angry, shocked, and happy off and on.

The line about her knowing dna tests could be switched was a smart use of her history too..

bo/hope and carly/justin were good too. hope should be worried about carly, shes far above and beyond anything hopless could ever want to be.

mia/maggie was a delight.

finally, the truth is out. now its time for my girl to go get her baby back from that bitch!

Archived