DAYS: Discussion for the month of November

• Members

Arianna's hair bothers me. I wasn't a fan of Teresa but I do think Lindsey Hartley is a very good soap actress -- she knows when to tear up. Arianna still seems very unfocused but I could feel her desperation and panic when Brady learned she was a drug dealer. The conflict between them is contrived; I'm looking forward to seeing where they may go if they're split up. Brady is so INTENSE (like his father), which can be jarring sometimes, but can be put to good use with the right story. I hope he gets one. Eric Marstolf can be a great asset in the right story.

I have no desire to see a Roman/Arianna relationship but I think those actors work very well together.

I liked the Sami/Rafe scenes. The love scene, or what we saw of it, somehow managed to be warm but sexy. I like their relationship, although I don't know if she will ever truly move on from EJ.

I hope EJ says "knickers" more often.

I hope they give Mia less heavy emotional scenes. And a haircut.

The Hope/Carly/Bo story is very interesting. Hope and Bo are both emotionally dead, especially Hope, which impacts their current problems. They're both tired and don't know where to go. Hope is so cold and on edge and you could really see that with Carly, who is more volatile under the surface. It's a great contrast.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

James and Ali are always great together. But they better write romance for EJ/Sami. Yes, it can be one sided with EJ wanting Sami, but I hope Sami never wants EJ - because of the rape. I think I read that Roger's punishment for raping Holly (Guiding Light) was that he could never be with her after that. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

• Members

They were apart for most of the years after the rape, but they did reunite for most of 1994. Unfortunately the show was very uneven at this time, to say the last, and the show was never quite sure of how to deal with this. They did spent a lot of time before the reunion building up the bonds between them and showing how much they'd both changed since the rape. Ultimately they split up for good, not because of the rape, but because Holly was tired of Roger's schemes.

I like Sami with Rafe, I think he's a nice calm guy and that also grounds her. EJ/Sami do have electric chemistry together, yet they can also do the tender moments. The scenes on Friday were very well written and acted and they felt so real, especially EJ's awkwardness. It was some of the best stuff I've seen on any soap this year.

I'm not sure who I'd want her with. As it is I think they probably won't want to put EJ and Sami together for quite some time, if ever, because that's better soap opera. I think a lot of people would want them together as the scheming but not too dark DiMera husband and wife, which could work, but I guess that would be a while off.

I really like the Brady/Melanie scenes. They work so well as friends. The Phillip/Melanie scenes make me uneasy, which I guess is part of the point, but I wish they could move Phillip into another age group.

I also liked the stuff about Nathan saving the woman's life, that was a low-key but also important transition for him, and it was well done.

The Friday cliffhangers were also very good.

Bo and Carly are really clicking. I know they probably won't be a couple, but I hope the person they do eventually put her with is as strong. I don't know what to say if

• Administrator

I've trusted Gary Tomlin for over a year now, so I trust him to not "go there" (reciprocal romance/love) with EJ/Sami. I can't see Gary pulling a Hogan Sheffer with them. EJ/Sami can have intense scenes, or bond and have tender moments over their children, just as long as Sami never has feelings for him ever again. Come on, Gary, I faith in you. Please don't make me lose faith in you!

• Members

you really dont see them pairing Ejami up again?

They would be stupid not too.

They have clearly showed Sami still has feelings for him in key scenes. And its obvious he still feels for him. But they have hurt each other so much. I interviewed James Scott and asked him about the love/hate dynamic and he pretty much said there is no hate, just hurt. and hes right.

that said, i love the dynamic of they love eachother, but have hurt eachother so much they wont go there again, but are forced to be in eachothers lives.

• Members

I wanted Hope to smash Bo in the face at the police station today. If anything Justin and Carly should hook up.

I enjoyed Victor reaming Brady out. I just love John Aniston. Victor better find out that Ari is a cop before it is too late. I also laughed when Victor apologetically told Bo that he ratted out Carly.

EJ talking to Stefano with Nicole staring through the window was very soapy.

What is stopping Rafe from telling Sami the truth at this point?

• Administrator

I love the tags on this show, even if it's a false one. So today we got 1) Victor revealing that he was the one who called Interpol. 2)Arianna about to tell Brady the "truth". 3) Rafe about to tell Sami the "truth"

Yeah, Bo was clearly in the wrong today.

I think he wanted to wait until he had the evidence (the DNA test) because telling Sami without any proof is pretty risky.

• Administrator

Nope. I can't get over the car scene/rape. So having them in a romance is constant reminder of some of Hogan Sheffer's biggest mistakes: ruining the potential of EJ/Sami with the rape, and the Santo/Colleen mess. Now, I love EJ/Sami scenes together (because James and Ali are dynamite together) just as long as Sami doesn't feel any romantic feelings towards EJ - that's the one thing I will not tolerate. I think it would be a big mistake of Gary Tomlin to throw a way this past year after building on Sami/Rafe.

We'll probably find out in Tuesday's ep. My guess it Victor put things together after his discussion with Hope where she brought up Carly.

• Members

Well we must watch two different sets of scenes when they are together. I feel its obvious she has feelings for him. They have never gone away. Sure she hates him and doesnt want to be with him, but it seems like they have kept the angle of them still being in love with eachother - just so hurt they wont go there, not now anyways. I dont think they are going to jump from Safe to Ejami anytime soon, but i def think they are showing the connection between Ejami as more than just co-parents and still building Safe up, setting the stage down the line for good triangle drama. I really dont care what way it goes actually tho, because i think Rafe is the best thing to happen to Sami in years. But again, Sweebey and Scott have such magical chem together its a shame to waste it.

I guess i also benifit from not caring about the rape. I mean, u still ship Sami/Austin and she raped him. But i understand why people cant get past that. It was a big issue. I alsot end to try and block Sheffers awful time on days out of my mind.

Archived