DAYS: Discussion for the month of November

• Members

Thanks. I missed a couple episodes so I didn't know that the DNA test was not in as yet.

I love how Days is building the tension in the baby switch story. Days does not have the strongest actors, but the writing is carrying all of its stories. The storytelling is well done and the scripts are excellent. Unlike GH, I understand the motivations and actions of the characters on Days. Really good stuff.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing with Ejami is that I can see both Toups and jp's side. Back when they were pushing Colleen/Santo -- which was just an excuse to big up Ejami as the Greatest Love of All -- I couldn't stand the pimping and it actually made me NOT want Ejami as a couple. Breaking them up was the best thing for them at the time, and it really spun off a bunch of different SLs which still have resonance today. I mean, let's face it, Nicole *never* felt secure in EJ's love and figured that once he found out she had lost the baby, he would return to pursuing Sami again.

It also helps that James and Ali have chemistry with absolutely everybody, because that allowed me to buy the idea that EJ would get with Nicole and Sami would move on with Rafe. As it happens, Ejami and Safe are BOTH money couples, and that is great news for Days because it is not often a soap lucks out with as finely balanced a potential love triangle as this one.

Perhaps if/when Days follow through on Ejami Part Deux, they will avoid all the pre-destined nonsense that characterized Sheffer's work and just focus on the fundamentals -- JS, AS and everything that divides them as well as unites them. Including the rape. Especially the rape.

• Members

I loved those scenes of Nicole standing outside desperately listening to every word. That's classic soap.

The facial expressions from Sydney are priceless. They are totally unrelated to the scenes at hand but you can still read into them, like when Nicole was pushing the carriage in the mansion and Sydney looked like, "Get me out of this nuthouse!"

• Members

I love this saying. I cant wait to read the interview. I agree with James, he could never hate Sami even after him keeping his so called daughter away from him he still looked at her with love and angst because he is not sure how he should feel about her.

• Members

Finally saw Friday's Ejami scenes and have got to say... I'm sorry, Toups but your admiration for Tomlin may get dented at some point in the future. Those scenes were NOT filler. They were set to special music (instead of the usual Texas Instruments horror everybody else gets), EJ told Sami he could never stay mad at her for long, he even kissed her at one point and while I'm guessing it was on the cheek, the camera angle was positioned such that viewers would question what sort of kiss that was.

I don't think Ejami will happen any time in the next few weeks or months, I really don't. Because right now Ejami work as two characters who can never be together. Plus there is Rafe and Tomlin does not want to throw Safe to the wolves. Not when he spent time and money trying to lure die-hard Passions fans to Days and keep them there. However, their relationship, whether antagonistic or not, is powering a lot of story right now -- as Marlena and John's did back in the early and mid-90s (i.e., before they became crap).

I was a bit more disappointed by Monday's episode but that's because this Carly SL is not doing it for me at the moment. Man, I want to flove Carly's return so [!@#$%^&*] much. Carly Manning has always been a favorite of mine. But I'm not feeling much. Not from the visions of Lawrence and not from the conversations with Bo. Bo & Carly are sweet but the whole thing is a little "meh" at the moment. I guess I have a hard time feeling sorry for Carly after he killed her husband. Yes, he was a dick but getting away from a rotten marriage is one thing. Taking somebody's lie is another.

Maybe once Days' other mega SL comes to an end, this story will kick up a gear and I will get into it more. Good to see Vivian back, though -- and I wasn't looking forward to her because I thought she would be too Reilly-campy for Days as it now stands.

Victor = DA AWESOME. Uh, and is Lexie performing the Chad paternity test?! Really?

• Members

Exactly!

i couldnt agree more.

it is rather meh, but im ok with that right now. i am so glad that Days decided to weave Carly back into the canavs slowly instead just push her like gangbusters. I can see it picking up though. Esp once she can settle in and walk through town and Vivian arrives.

• Administrator

I must've blocked out the obvious part, can you remind me?

Obviously dont' waste it, just don't go the romance route. Just because two people have off the charts chemistry doesn't mean they should be paired up. I love EJ/Sami the best when they're fighting or when they're talking about their children - keep them together in that sense.

I was an Austin/Carrie fan. I know this may sound bad, but I tolerated that rape because it wasn't violent. She drugged him and pretended to be Carrie by putting on perfume - that is soapier than threatning someone to have sex with him.

• Administrator

Even though I don't see myself liking EJ/Sami as a romantic pairing, I've always believed that you could pretty much tell any story if you make it work and do it right. It's only been 3 years and that rape and Santa/Colleen is still fresh for me.

Well, I'm going to send my vibes to Tomlin like I did with Lindsay Hartley. Hopefully it'll work again. LOL :D

• Members

In the way they look at eachother? the tender moments the share, the scene at graces grave is a good example. that was more than just two people bonding over the loss of a child. the way he held her and. then that tender kiss. and as cat pointed out, the music that plays in their scenes.

I think just having them hate eachother and talk about kids is wasting it. the lusting, the passion, the romance all needs to be played in addition to the hate and the hurt.

Sorry, i didnt mean u, i met I still ship austin/sami. tho i do think that its odd that you dont mind that rape because it wasnt violent. esp since i didnt see the ej/sami rape as overly violent either. no she didnt want to do it, tho she agreed to it and they did it. i actually think what sami did to austin is worse because she took his power to make a choice away. he couldnt agree to it even if he didnt want it. she could, and did. how did EJ threaten sami? he said he woouldnt save lucas' life if she didnt sleep with him, but he didnt threaten her, that i remember. but he might have, im not sure. again i block out a lot of hogans run.

wow, 3 years is fresh? lol. even with days? to me it feels like Rafe and Mia have been here forever already. esp eith the turnover this show has had.

and oh, i have you to blame for Hartley coming to days? lol.

• Members

Why yes it is. :)

"She was the most desirable woman they had ever known...

The lover of one man...

The obsession of another...

Neither man could ever let her go...

Even... if it kills....

One unforgettable night when passion and revenge got out of control and the lives of three people were changed forever.

And now a primetime movie event: One Stormy Night."

• Members

thank you! i am watching that now, i have it on VHS at home, but this should make for a funw ay to pass time away at work. and next i shall watch Night Sins, lol.

Days in primetime! Loves it.

and omg is this the girl from the nightmare on elm street series as Carrie? if so my mind is blown!

edit- omg it is! i knew kimmi gibbler from fullhouse was carrie for a brief time, but i had no idea Julie from New Nightmare was!

• Members

It feels like Days is stalling the baby switch reveal. Will is such a brat sometimes.

Bo is irking me with his constant belligerence.

I'm bored with Carly's legal troubles. I can't wait for Vivian to show up and give her the business.

I want Justin to be more than a lawyer. It is a waste of the character.

Victor rocks!

• Members

will is a brat, most of the time. lol. but look at his parents? cant really blame him. it does feel like they are stalling and

. However i did like the sami/will scenes. and i liked seeing Will stick up for Sami. And it makes since he doesnt want to tell Sami until he gets the results of the DNA

I like Bo. Its about time he has had enough of hopes [!@#$%^&*]. She always judges everyone and acts like she is right and everyone else is wrong. She flips out about Carly being there and claims its because of the danger yet she lives with Victor? Victor?! really? Ugh. I am so glad I am able to enjot Bo again, hes always so much better away from her.

I am board with her legal trouble. too. Move forward already. But whatev, i mean it cant go on much longer.. i hope. I also like Carly having to live with Bo.

You think Justin's only role is a lawyer? I dont think so at all. If anything the lawyer aspect is just his supporting role. His main role is a spoiler in the Hope/Bo/Carly thing and to add more family connections on the canvas (Victor, Philip, Brady, Bo).

i too love Victor tho, he is great.

Steafno/Nicole... i cant wait for them to pay for what they have done.

Liked the Mia/Nicole scenes tho.

Archived