DAYS: Discussion for the month of November

• Members

If days does much more than bad it turns a profit while working under the 40% budget cut they are good to go. a few bad weeks wont kill it, a few bad months will.

NBC needs hits who turn a profit. Right now thats what Days is. NBC doesnt expect what it use to get. The goal, that i know of last i heard, was 2.0 and right now and for the past few months they have done it. Hopefully they can keep it up.

The good side of this is IF NBC axes it DAYS will know ahead of time and can wrap it up and do a finale and/or find a new home. I am sure a show with an avrage of 2.0 and above will look good to CBS or ABC

HELL YES! HBIC Sami Brady slapped the bitch not once, but twice!!!!!!!! "I wanna hear you say IT!" Damn. Ali Sweeney & Ari brought it. They rocked it. I loved Chloe realizing she had a hand in all of this and her going to EJ was unexpected (they would be hot!). The whole thing between sami and nicole was so good. Also good at showing how crazy Nicole still is, "He loved me!" No hunnie, he didnt. Sami was right when she said he just wanted to marry the mother of his child.

I cant wait for Mia to find out. Speaking of, i know it looks like they are going there with a Mia is Carly's daughter storyline... but i dont think so. I think its a set up right now for two different stories. I do think Carly has a child - and i think DAYS is about to do a thing with Mia's mom, but... i dont think they connect. I also liked that Days showed Mia doesnt just open up to anyone, she didnt open up to Vivian today like she did Carly. I liked that. Its what i was trying to say when discussing fiidays show, i could see someone in Mia's emotional state at the moment opening up to Carly.

Rafe/Chloe/Daniel scenes were also good. Ari/Brady/Victor - idk i gotta watch it later cuz all i cared about was Sami getting her baby back! lol.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're probably right about the months rather than weeks. But the person I spoke to (an actor currently on the show) was pretty adamant about NBC's guidelines for the show. It almost sounded like they have a checklist that says "meet this number or die!" LOL

Now onto the show . . . I haven't been watching Days as of late, but I decided to tune in to see the big reveal. I loved Sami slapping the crap out of Nicole. It was a thing of beauty. I had been hoping for that and my wish came true. I am waiting for EJ's reaction next.

Days seems to have gotten much much better than when I last watched the show (the summer). It's entertaining right now.

• Administrator

Ali and Ari knocked it out the park!

Sami: No, you are not getting out of this house, Nicole!

Nicole: You listen to me, Sami, you are wrong. You are wrong about everything!

Sami: Do you have any idea how much pain you have caused??!!

Nicole: NO!!

Sami: You are paying for this! You are paying for all of it!! EJ....I can't even begin to imagine what he's going to do when he finds out what you have done to him. You are going to end up all alone and miserable. I am taking Cydney back, she is MY DAUGHTER!

(SLAP!!!!!)

Sami: She is EJ's and my daughter and I want to hear you say it!!

(SLAP!!!!!)

Sami: Say it, Nicole! 'Cydney is Sami's daugther.' SAY IT!!!!!

Nicole (in tears): Cydney.....Cydney is yours. (starts bawling)

Tomorrow is going to be another great episode. Sami finally gets her daugther back.

She should be Lead because like you said, she carried this storyline, but I think they should put her in Supporting because I really don't want her to go up against Ali and I want both of them to be nominated. Having TWO DAYS Lead Actress, yeah, the odds aren't so good for that. LOL

I think/hope you're right. Mia being Carly's makes no sense. Plus, I want a better actress/actor for Carly/Lawrence's kid.

• Members

Fantastic show today with the Same and Nicole confrontation scenes. Too bad just as Sami was about murder Nicole did Rafe show up with Sydney. Darn I could have used a good catfight! Goodness it does seem like they aren't even trying to hid Ari's pregnancy lol. I loved that we got so much more of Vivian today although can we dump Gus? I know the the actor who played Ivan is off appearing in blockbuster movies these days(I thought he didn't have a career outside of Days. Boy was I wrong!) but I wish Ivan was here and I at least hope his whereabouts are explained.

Chloe is extremely stupid and dumb. I can't believe she seemed to have a little sympathy for Nicole nor do I understand their supposedly close friendship given their history. This is one beat that Higley seems to have always looked over. But then again I hate that Chloe is written as sickening sweet when I liked the bitchy opera diva version of her.

On another note I didn't care much for the Brady/Ari scenes. I can't decide if I like them or not. On one hand the characters they play are so far different than the one-dimensional Ethan and Theresa they have yet to remind me of them but on the other hand I don't think Martsolf and Korman-Hartley had that much chemistry. Hartley was better with Schuldt(but never close to the oozing chemistry she had with Justin). But I am left wondering if the drugs are Alamain-related...

• Members

Neither Brady or Chloe should be friendly with Nicole, and whenever the subject arises I always wind up wondering how Victor tolerates Brady. Brady does not seem to care that she tried to kill Victor, scarred up Chloe's face, and manipulated him for months. And Chloe should whip out a photo from 2005 once in a while too because she is right behind Victor in who should not want to be friends with Nicole. Victor I find is the character that consistently makes the most sense on a wide variety of subjects.

• Members

The Sami/Nicole confrontation was great. I wanted Sami to put a beat down on Nicole. Those two slaps were not enough. Nicole is BSC which made me feel a little sorry for her. I laughed when Sami asked if Nicole thought that Sami had so many children that she would not miss one. It reminded me about out "characters who have too many children" thread.

Brady is so stupid helping Arianne bring down his grandfather.

• Administrator

I hope down the line, when Ari's back from her maternity leave, we will finally get the Sami/Nicole catfight we deserve.

I don't think Brady knows Victor's dealing drugs again, so he isn't intentionally brining down Victor. And since when is Brady some computer whiz - I've been wondering that since the Melanie/Philip internet sex tape thing.

• Members

LOL, signing in for 'team Nicole'. I won't defend the fact that she allowed Sami to believe that her child was dead. That's just low. Nicole got caught up doing something she thought was right, at the time. When she exchanged babies, Sami was planning to give EJ's child up for adoption. Nicole wanted him to have his child, even if she couldn't give him one of their own. She cried holding that baby, and vowed to love her as if she'd given birth to her, and did. She cried because she didn't want EJ to know the heartbreak she'd felt by having him lose a second child. Then Sami decided to keep 'her' child and the die was cast.

It's what I love about Nicole, she's so much more complex than a stereotyped 'villain'. She is a victim of her own making.

• Members

Good question. They also had him hack into Charlotte's computer back in January when he and Marlena were trying to figure out what she was doing to John. I can buy it because it shows Brady being like his super-spy father, John, but it's definitely something that was added to the character when he returned to Salem last November. I don't recall him ever being that technologically-savvy, although he's always been the over the top hero like his father.

• Members

Brady isnt this pure as snow good guy. I mean, the dude had a coke issue, lol. I can buy him being shady.

I sooo feel for nicole, dont get me wrong, and sami is far from innocent in this thing, but at the same time nicole hit all time lows that i just cant get over... not only watching sami lose a baby, but watching ej deal with it too? not telling mia? but i still feel for her. mostly cuz Ari brings it.

Archived